YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Iced (M) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 80 (80 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Jan 05, 2018 06:11AM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22785 comments Mod
Team Iced
Leah ✔
Quirks ✔
Bookbuyer ✔
Vanessa ✔
Lolo Louise ✔
Emily ✔
Cheyenne ✔
Loretta
Britt ✔

Review: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Jan 15, 2018 09:20AM) (new)

Planning:

BRs:
4th - Seven Realms (series) by Cinda Williams Chima with Vanessa
7th - My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand with Heather and Cheyenne
8th - The Wrath & the Dawn (series) with Dee Dee
10th - Heartless by Marissa Meyer with Rachida
11th - Forest of a Thousand Lanters by Julie C. Dao with Alaina
14th - Maybe in Paris by Rebecca Christiansen with Alaina
17th - Song of the Current by Sarah Tolcser with Alaina
21st - Starcrossed (series) by Josephine Angelini with Alaina
25th - Red Rising by Pierce Brown with Jenn

I'll also be trying to read some books from my currently reading shelf as well. :)

Hi!

So I already have a lot of BRs planned. If I have the right Vanessa than we can get some good double points! Woohoo!

I think I might also have some BRs with Emily?

Hi Quirks! Hi Leah! (I'm pretty sure I've been on a team with you guys before)

message 4: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne | 2367 comments Here

Cheyenne wrote: "Here"

Hi!

message 6: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne | 2367 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "Cheyenne wrote: "Here"

Hi!"

Hi

message 7: by Leah (new)

Leah | 2146 comments Checking in.

message 8: by Leah (new)

Leah | 2146 comments Yeah, we were.

Leah wrote: "Yeah, we were."

Hi! :)

message 10: by Quirks (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments Checking in!

message 11: by Quirks (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments @Bookbuyer Yeah, we've been on the same team before.

message 12: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Quirks wrote: "@Bookbuyer Yeah, we've been on the same team before."

Thought so. :)

message 13: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 2936 comments Checking in!

message 14: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Vanessa wrote: "Checking in!"

Hi Vanessa! :)

message 15: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne | 2367 comments I am currently reading Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1) by Morgan Rhodes .

message 16: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84155 comments Mod
Adding Britt to your team ☺

message 17: by Britt (new)

Britt (novellybritt) Checking in! :)

message 18: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Britt wrote: "Checking in! :)"

Hi Britt! :)

message 19: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

I think I'll have my first book done either tonight or tomorrow. Then on to my second BR. :)

message 20: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne | 2367 comments I plan on having reviews for both Falling Kingdoms and The Assassins Game up tomorrow. Then I plan on starting My Lady Jane, which is a buddy read. I'm trying to get as much reading done before I go back to college. When I get back I am doing formal recruitment, and won't have much time to read.

message 21: by louise !! (new)

louise !! (improbable) | 77 comments hello!! sorry for the late reply, i'll compose and send a list later of what books i'll be reading this month! <33

message 22: by Emily (new)

Emily | 352 comments Hi! Checking in :)

message 23: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Emily wrote: "Hi! Checking in :)"

louise !! wrote: "hello!! sorry for the late reply, i'll compose and send a list later of what books i'll be reading this month! <33"

Hi! :)

message 24: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

I just finished Mortal Danger (World of the Lupi, #2) by Eileen Wilks .

I'm going to start my two BRs next The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima The Bear and the Nightingale (Winternight Trilogy, #1) by Katherine Arden

message 25: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Jan 06, 2018 07:14PM) (new)

I met my goal of getting to 10% of The Demon King today. I'll be heading to be now as it's after 3 am but I'm hoping I might finish The Demon King tomorrow. It seems like it might be a fast read once I get into it. :)

message 26: by ♛Vanessa♛ (last edited Jan 08, 2018 06:43PM) (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 2936 comments I just posted up my first review for Lailah (The Styclar Saga, #1) by Nikki Kelly ! I have three buddy reads that I am working on right now so those won't be far behind! I hope you are all having a great week!

message 27: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

I just finished The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima took me longer than I would have liked which put me behind on my BRs but at least I finished it. Now on to my next few BRs. lol.

message 28: by Cheyenne (last edited Jan 10, 2018 08:42AM) (new)

Cheyenne | 2367 comments I am thinking about putting Falling Kingdoms on hold because I am going to read A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas instead, but I have My Lady Jane (The Lady Janies, #1) by Cynthia Hand and Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1) by P.C. Cast . Also the review for The Assassin Game by Kirsty McKay will be up soon.

message 29: by Quirks (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments I've read Meet Cute Some People Are Destined to Meet by Jennifer L. Armentrout and Most of All You by Mia Sheridan . Just need to review them. Hopefully, I'll get to 'em tomorrow.

message 30: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

I've finally been able to start my BR of The Bear and the Nightingale (Winternight Trilogy, #1) by Katherine Arden I don't think it's going to be a fast read though so I'll also be reading The Exiled Queen (Seven Realms, #2) by Cinda Williams Chima My Lady Jane (The Lady Janies, #1) by Cynthia Hand and Blood Lines (World of the Lupi, #3) by Eileen Wilks

message 31: by Britt (new)

Britt (novellybritt) I've been slacking so bad on reading the last few days. I'm currently reading The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black but also need to start Hunted by Meagan Spooner Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor and The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1) by Soman Chainani for buddy reads. Ahhh so many books, not enough time!

message 32: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 2936 comments I finished up a buddy read for Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare and posted my review! I am currently reading a few more books that are buddy reads as well. I should have one of them finished by tomorrow. =]

message 33: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

I'm finally almost half done The Bear and the Nightingale (Winternight Trilogy, #1) by Katherine Arden and I have made some progress in The Exiled Queen (Seven Realms, #2) by Cinda Williams Chima .

I'm not reading as fast as I would like to but I'm hoping I can read all my BRs by the end of the month. :S

message 34: by Cheyenne (last edited Jan 13, 2018 12:22PM) (new)

Cheyenne | 2367 comments I'm unable to read a couple of the books because I have to return them to the library before I go back to school. I also am DNFing Falling Kingdoms,so I can't use that for a review. I am sort of stuck on what to read right now.

message 35: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 2936 comments @Bookbuyer - I am not reading as fast as normal this month either. I have been so slow so far this month. =/

message 36: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 2936 comments I just finished The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black and posted my review!

message 37: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Hello Team Iced ☺ I messaged Loretta about the challenge on the 10th and she still hasn't gotten back to me, so I am replacing her now with Jackie who was playing solo. I will move Jackie's points over from the solo thread to your review thread in just a moment. I have messaged Jackie to let her know of the change, so she will hopefully be checking in with you guys soon ☺

message 38: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Sarah wrote: "Hello Team Iced ☺ I messaged Loretta about the challenge on the 10th and she still hasn't gotten back to me, so I am replacing her now with Jackie who was playing solo. I will move Jackie's points ..."

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was really hoping that Jackie would join our team!!!!!!!!!!!

message 39: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

I made some more progress with The Bear and the Nightingale. It's a very slow read. It feels like it's a 700 page book with tiny print. :S

message 40: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

lol Jackie is beating us all by at least 10 points! :D

message 41: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments Hi everyone!
I have one book to review, which should give us four more points. I am planning on joining some buddy reads as well so that will give us some more points. My reading has unfortunately slowed down though as I am in school.

message 42: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Jackie wrote: "Hi everyone!
I have one book to review, which should give us four more points. I am planning on joining some buddy reads as well so that will give us some more points. My reading has unfortunately ..."

Hi Jackie!!!! ^-^

message 43: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Hello Team Iced ☺ Just wanted to let you know that I have messaged Louise and Emily as we are 2 weeks into the challenge and they haven't posted any reviews yet. Just wanted to let you know what was going on ☺

message 44: by Quirks (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments Thanks, Sarah!

message 45: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

O.o I hadn't noticed! Maybe we can get to first if they just haven't had a chance to post their reviews!

message 46: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments I am hoping to write my review and get it posted today.

message 47: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments My next three books should be buddy reads.

message 48: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Finally finished The Bear and the Nightingale!!!!! I feel like it should have been worth about 30 points though for the effort it took to read it.

Next I will be finishing the Exiled Queen and try to start one of my other BRs. :)

message 49: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 2936 comments I finished up Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare and posted my review! I hope that everyone has been having a good week!

message 50: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Hi Team Iced, just to let you know that neither Emily or Louise replied to my messages, so I'm guessing that they are no longer taking part. I will look into finding replacement team members for you ☺

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.