Christian Fiction Devourers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Games/Quizzes > Jan 2018 - Getting to Know You A to Z

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kalena (new)

Kalena (bookt2) | 138 comments Provide some insight into who you are by sharing something about yourself using the categories below:

A - Ancestors (who are yours or who do you wish were yours?)
B - Bible story (do you have a favorite?)
C - Charity you support
D - Drink (name the cuppa you gotta have?)
E - Exercise (what keeps you active and fit?)
F - Fragrance
G - Guilty pleasure
H - Household chore (most/least favorite?)
I - Item of clothing
J - Jewelry (list your birthstone or maybe a favorite piece)
K - Kid's book (or a book you loved as a kid)
L - Likeness (which famous person do you most resemble?)
M - Memory tricks (do you have a good memory?)
N - New app
O - Outdoor space (where do you and yours like to hang out?)
P - Poetry (what are your thoughts, any favorite poets?)
Q - Quirk (we know you have them...)
R - Retail store
S - Setting in a book
T - Time of the year
U - Upcoming book or movie (which one is on your list to get to?)
V - Verbose (just how talkative are you?)
W - Writing implement
X - X-ray (what was your last one?)
Y - Yummy treat
Z - Zoo

Looking forward to learning more about you all! Wishing everyone a fulfilling and healthy 2018!!

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate (liahonagirl) | 371 comments A - Ancestors (who are yours or who do you wish were yours?)
~Don't know that I have anyone 'famous' in my ancestry, nor can I think of anyone I'd particularly wish were an ancestor. My ancestry comes from good British stock (mostly), with some Scandinavian and Eastern European thrown in for good measure.
~I always love the stories about the women of the Bible! Right now, Abigail intrigues me, and I want to be Dorcas when I grow up!
C - Charity you support
~When I have the resources to, I like to 'spread it around' by giving to a number of more personal campaigns (think GoFundMe/YouCaring types of things), but I will always have a special spot in my heart for TinyKittens Society (an independent cat rescue out of BC)
~while I mostly drink water, a warm mug of hot cocoa is a 'guilty' pleasure . . . especially orange cocoa
~I've got multiple chronic illnesses which have left me with mobility issues . . . but if I could, I'd go swimming every day.
F - Fragrance
~if we're talking 'perfume' type fragrance, none please . . . sets off my asthma . . . but, I love the smell of fresh baked bread!
G - Guilty pleasure
~the aforementioned mug of hot cocoa
~washing dishes has got to be the bane of my existence . . . it's a chore that never ends!
I - Item of clothing
~I live in skirts and dresses . . . the comfier the better!
~and this is where I admit that I don't think my birthstone (peridot) is very pretty . . . but I do hope one day to have an emerald (doesn't have to be genuine) eternity/anniversary ring
~ Blueberries for Sal by Robert McCloskey
~y'know . . . I've never been told I look like anyone famous! (that might actually be a good thing!)
~oh heavens no! my chronic illnesses have robbed me of a lot of my ability to remember well . . . I need reminders for my reminders! *grin*
N - New app
~mmm . . . the newest app I have on my tablet is the Michaels store one, I think?
~some of my favourite memories are of camping in the Crowsnest Pass between Alberta and BC . . . gotta love those Canadian Rockies!
~I used to write poetry . . . still enjoy reading some from time to time . . . I enjoy Dickenson, and both Brownings
~oh honey, my whole PERSONALITY is one big quirk! :D but seriously . . . I have to organise M&Ms and eat them by rainbow colour order
R - Retail store
~probably Michaels craft store
S - Setting in a book
~I don't know that I have a favourite setting . . . historical perhaps?
T - Time of the year
~spring!
~REALLY looking forward to Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
~I'm filling this out, aren't I? *smirk* . . . actually, unless I know someone really well in person, I tend to be on the quiet side
W - Writing implement
~a pencil . . . or does a computer keyboard count?
~it's been a while, but I think the last one was a chest xray
Y - Yummy treat
~root beer float
Z - Zoo
~to my remembrance, I've never actually been to one!

message 3: by Bonny (last edited Jan 04, 2018 12:21PM) (new)

Bonny (bonnybonnybeth) | 561 comments A - Ancestors (who are yours or who do you wish were yours?): My ancestors on one side of the family (about 30%) are the original English, Dutch, French, Swedish, Irish, and German settlers of the Delaware Valley (West Jersey in particular), who arrived between 1640-1750s. I also have some English ancestors (about 15%) who are arrived in the 1600s and settled New England - Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and New Brunswick (Canada) - some of whom were Mayflower descendants, some of whom were Patriots, and some of whom were Loyalists. Also in Maine, I have some ancestors (about 5%) who were Irish from New Brunswick and Maine, who arrived in 1823. On the other side of the family, my ancestors are Spanish settlers (about 35%) who arrived in New Mexico between 1598-1835 (all before it was annexed by the USA), along with some Native Americans (I am 15% Native American) and a handful of French settlers who traveled to New Mexico from French Canada and Missouri. I am colonial America!
B - Bible story (do you have a favorite?): The Tower of Babel
C - Charity you support: My church
D - Drink (name the cuppa you gotta have?): Grapefruit juice!
E - Exercise (what keeps you active and fit?): Hopping up and down to answer the door/phone/help customers at my job and having a schedule with no rests in it!
F - Fragrance: Lily of the Valley
G - Guilty pleasure: Reading!
H - Household chore (most/least favorite?): Hmm, I dnn't particularly like or hate one over another; mostly I just don't like it when I'm the only one doing them all by myself, and I love it when I'm doing them side by side with another person.
I - Item of clothing: My comfy yet "classy" maryjane style crocs, which I must slip on the minute I get home from work each day!
J - Jewelry (list your birthstone or maybe a favorite piece): Birthstone is turquoise. Favorite is earrings; not dressed for the day without big dangly earrings!
K - Kid's book (or a book you loved as a kid): I'll Teach My Dog 100 Words was a favorite!
L - Likeness (which famous person do you most resemble?): Umm...
M - Memory tricks (do you have a good memory?): Great at remembering the names of dead ancestors, bad at remembering the names of living friends!!
N - New app: Don't have a smartphone.
O - Outdoor space (where do you and yours like to hang out?): Hammock with a book on sunny warm days!
P - Poetry (what are your thoughts, any favorite poets?): I like to write poetry about the sermons during church, and meditate on them again and again.
Q - Quirk (we know you have them...): Humming unconsciously when I'm concentrating.
R - Retail store: Just discovered Ollie's which has tons of new Christian Fiction books for cheap!
S - Setting in a book: Historical, especially early colonial or early American (1600s-1830s)
T - Time of the year: Spring or Summer or Fall
U - Upcoming book or movie (which one is on your list to get to?): Movie - A Wrinkle in Time, though I'm always afraid the movies will ruin the best books.
V - Verbose (just how talkative are you?): Very talkative when I'm telling a story.
W - Writing implement: BIC mechanical pencils, what I can't live without.
X - X-ray (what was your last one?): Umm, maybe in the early 2000s, back when I had braces? Don't go to the doctor ever.
Y - Yummy treat: Frozen greenbeans is one of my favorite snacks for the past 30 years!
Z - Zoo: Cape May Zoo is so pleasant and relaxed, with long walkways through the woods, and impressive number of animals, low stress to drive there, etc.

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan | 83 comments A - Ancestors (who are yours or who do you wish were yours?) - I have German, Dutch and Austrian Ancestors. There is also Cherokee on my mom's side. No one famous that I know of.
B - Bible story (do you have a favorite?) - Probably the birth of Jesus
C - Charity you support - Mostly through my church
D - Drink (name the cuppa you gotta have?) - Coffee - especially White Chocolate Mocha
E - Exercise (what keeps you active and fit?) - Taking care of a 7 month old lol, but I enjoy taking walks as well.
F - Fragrance - Lavender or sweet pea
G - Guilty pleasure - chocolate ;)
H - Household chore (most/least favorite?) - Not sure about favorite.. maybe washing clothes. But I hate washing dishes haha
I - Item of clothing - comfy pants
J - Jewelry (list your birthstone or maybe a favorite piece) - my birthstone is the peridot, but my favorite piece of jewelry is a necklace that was my mom's. It is a unicorn made out of mother of pearl on a gold chain. My dad gave it to her while they were dating and she wore it a lot. When she passed away it was given to me. I hardly ever wear it thought, because I'm afraid of something happening to it.
K - Kid's book (or a book you loved as a kid) - I loved the American Girl books, Dear America books and the Magic Attic Club
L - Likeness (which famous person do you most resemble?) - No one that I know of :)
M - Memory tricks (do you have a good memory?) - Nooo.... Haha but I am pretty good at remembering names. My "trick" is associating what I'm trying to remember with something I'm familiar with.
N - New app - none really
O - Outdoor space (where do you and yours like to hang out?) - I live in Virginia and there are some beautiful State Parks around us so we enjoy going to them
P - Poetry (what are your thoughts, any favorite poets?) - Robert Burns
Q - Quirk (we know you have them...) - I'm a list person. I make lists about everything haha
R - Retail store - Walmart
S - Setting in a book - Pretty much anything Historical
T - Time of the year - Summer, beginning of Fall and Christmas :)
U - Upcoming book or movie (which one is on your list to get to?) - Book to buy: The Orphan's Wish by Melanie Dickerson (comes out in June), to read: Well there are quite a few, but one of the first on my list to read this year is Lady Undaunted by Tamara Leigh. Movie - Avengers Infinity War. I cannot wait! Lol
V - Verbose (just how talkative are you?) - I'm pretty quiet till you get to know me, then I can talk quite a bit ;) haha
W - Writing implement - for writing stories: pencil, for most other things: colorful pens :)
X - X-ray (what was your last one?) - on my teeth (just what they do every few visits)
Y - Yummy treat - fresh baked cookies! ^_^
Z - Zoo - There is a really big one in NC that I enjoyed going to as a kid

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (goodreadscomamanda_hamm) | 11 comments A - Ancestors (who are yours or who do you wish were yours?)
~ My mom’s family is from Germany. My dad’s family has deep US roots, including at least one relative who fought in the Revolutionary War and several Native Americans.

~ The Prodigal Son – I used to rather uncomfortably relate to the older brother. Now I appreciate when the father says, “You are with me always.”

C - Charity you support
~ We try to donate to some local and some global. Time to review that for tax season.

~ Coke

~ I try to work out every day. I have four kids to keep up with, and I always feel better when I’ve been moving around.

F – Fragrance
~none

G - Guilty pleasure
~ I can’t think of any. Or maybe I don’t want to think of any.

~ The laundry never stops. It. Never. Stops.

I - Item of clothing
~ I dress up for church but prefer to stay comfy the rest of the week.

~ I got several items from my grandmother’s jewelry box when she died. None of them have much monetary value, but I think of her whenever I wear one.

~ I’m drawing a blank here. I’ve read a few recently with my kids that I *didn’t* love.

~ This dates me and I never saw it myself, but there was a time people said I looked like Alanis Morissette.

~ I generally have a pretty good memory. I still like to make lists just so I have the satisfaction of crossing things off.

N - New app
~ none

~ I am mostly an inside person.

~ No, thank you.

~ Way too many to list here.

R - Retail store
~ none

S - Setting in a book
~ I like small towns. Realistic small towns, not the kind that try to have everyone know everyone but can support every conceivable type of business.

T - Time of the year
~ Christmas

~ I’ve been meaning to read more classics. I’ve been meaning to read more classics for several years. It hasn’t happened yet.

~ I write more than I say.

W - Writing implement
~ I have a box of my favorite pens.

~ My teeth, while biting down on that annoying plastic thing at the dentist’s office.

Y - Yummy treat
~ Dark chocolate

Z – Zoo
~ I’ve been to four that I can remember.

message 6: by Lila (new)

Lila Diller | 292 comments A - Ancestors (who are yours or who do you wish were yours?)
My family on my Mom's side is mostly German and Swiss, with a bit of Irish (gives us our red hair); My family on my Dad's side is from Scotland (the Maxwells were one of the big, ruling clans in Scotland in 1600s with a family crest & family tartan & everything); I also have Cherokee Indian, as well (16%?).

I have a lot of favorites! I think David & Goliath will always be a favorite from childhood; Paul & Silas praising in the jail at midnight before they were set free in the earthquake always reminds me to keep praising the Lord for Who He is.

C - Charity you support
We have been hurting financially for several years, so I haven't been able to give like I would like. When I do, I support K-LOVE (Christian radio station) and Students for Life (pro-life),
as well as the Benevolence Fund at our church.

I always have a bottle of water in my hands; my favorite hot drink is hot chai tea; my favorite cold drink besides water is pink lemonade or unsweet iced tea.;)

We got out of our exercise routine when the kids got out for Christmas break, and we still haven't got back into it, because we've been having a cold spell. We don't have central heating, so it takes all my energy just to stay warm at night; the last thing I want to do is get sweaty and then get chilled. Hopefully, next week we can get back into our routine. Our normal family exercise is either our Just Dance Wii games or a relay of push-ups, sit-ups, jumping jacks, & sprints. ;)

F - Fragrance
Since my best friend has started selling essential oils, I have been getting away from the chemicals in air fresheners & perfumes. I guess my favorite scent is cinnamon, though I love the scents of fresh flowers, too, especially lilacs.

G - Guilty pleasure
I used to say bubble baths, but I've gotten away from those. I guess reading while in the bathtub or stocking up on dark chocolate. :D

I dislike all household chores. ;) My least favorites--that I keep putting off & putting off--are washing dishes by hand (that seems to be a consensus) and cleaning toilets. :P

I - Item of clothing
I was given a pair of really comfy gray yoga pants (at least, I don't know what else to call them); they're not skin-tight, but they're so soft and still look good enough that I can wear them anywhere. ;)

My birthstone is Opal, but I don't own any. I just started wearing jewelry a few years ago; now I always wear my HOPE ring on my right hand; I usually like a big, wrap bracelet or chunky watch, too.

I read so much as a kid that I don't remember most of them; one I remember reading as a 5th grader to the first graders was Dr. Seuss's Fox in Socks. I also still re-read all my favorites from jr high, like the Narnia Chronicles The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #1) by C.S. Lewis, Anne of Green Gables Collection by L.M. Montgomery Anne of Green Gables series, LOTR trilogy + the Hobbit The Return of the King (The Lord of the Rings, #3) by J.R.R. Tolkien, Love Comes Softly & Love's Enduring Promise (Love Comes Softly #1-2) (Janette Oke Keepsake Series #1) by Janette Oke Janette Oke's Love Come Softly series, etc.

I've never been told I look like anyone, except maybe Anne of Green Gables or Pippi Longstocking. ;)

I do not have a very good memory. I have been working out my brain, especially my memory, using Lumosity's free brain games. Every day, you can play 3 games that keep your brain stimulated and increase memory, speed, etc. To remember just about anything, I have to write it down. :)

N - New app
I have a cheap smartphone, which doesn't hold many apps; I recently found the free Kindle Reader app, which has opened up a whole new world of ebooks. ;) The most recent app was my CoSchedule app for scheduling out my social media posts & blog posts.

Even though I love the beauty of God's creation, I just don't get outside much. When the weather is nice, I like to take a blanket out in our front yard beside our maple tree where the grass is the softest, and I will read in the sun. :) We also have a "walking park" about 15 minutes away that our family like to take short walks, again when the weather is nice. When it's not nice, I just like to snuggle up in my bed with a good book. ;)

This is an interesting question. I used to write a little poetry, as long as it was freestyle. I had several of them posted anonymously in our high school newspaper, and everyone thought they were by the great writer in our class. ;) I haven't read much since school. I tried to go back & read Emily Dickinson again, but I just can't get into it. My favorites were always Lord Alfred Tennyson, because of Anne of Green Gables. ;)

I must have a lot, but I can't even think of them all! I'm constantly blowing my nose, because I hate the feeling of anything starting to get close to a stuffy nose. I eat my sushi with a fork. I make lists for everything. I like to pack everything including the kitchen sink, because I want to be prepared for anything. And many more, probably. ;)

R - Retail store
I rarely ever shop anywhere but online anymore. I get groceries at Food Lion or ALDI, and I avoid WalMart like the plague! Which is really funny, because I used to love WalMart! ;) When I actually do out shopping, Hobby Lobby is probably my fav. <.b>

S - Setting in a book
I have no idea.... I don't really care too much about the setting, as long as the characters are well fleshed-out.

T - Time of the year
SPRING!!! Like Anne, I wish I were born in the spring instead of late fall.

So many. I want to read my 3 Lynnette Bonner books I won in a giveaway. ;) I don't really watch new movies much. My son & I want to watch Cars 3.

I'm rarely ever talkative. I'm very much an introvert; that's why I write. :)

W - Writing implement
When writing on paper, I'm picky. I want a smooth pen, preferably a blue BIC or a ZIG Millenium scrapbooking pen, but not too fine or scratchy. I do most of my writing in my book and on my blog on my laptop.

At the dentist, also, when they needed to check if my crown was fitting correctly.

Y - Yummy treat
Anything dark chocolate. Also, cherry cheesecake is my new birthday cake preference. I'm not much of a cake or cupcake person, but I LOVE cheesecake (cherry or turtle)!!

Z - Zoo
Haven't been in I don't know how many years. My mom took us every year, and every time we traveled to a new vacation spot (my parents love to visit new states & National Parks), they would always have to take us to the zoo in each new city. I honestly got tired of seeing the same kind of animals every time. :( I don't want to end on a negative note, though, so I will also add that my favorite animals are the giraffes, the snow leopards, and the elephants.

message 7: by Andrea, Hospitality Coordinator (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 1862 comments Mod
A - Ancestors: I'm not that into family trees, really.
B - Bible story: I'm partial to Ruth's and Paul's accounts.
C - Charity: I sponsored a girl from South Korea for several years.
D - Drink: I love hot cocoa and root beer, but not together.
E - Exercise: I like using my rowing machine, but I hate pulling it out in order to do so.
F - Fragrance: I love the smells of rain and babies.
G - Guilty pleasure: Dallas Stars hockey, but I never feel guilty about it.
H - Household chore: Dishes (fits the most- and least-liked, depending on my mood)
I - Item of clothing: This winter, I'm enjoying my puff ball beanie.
J - Jewelry: I like dangle-style earrings.
K - Kid's book: Anything by Dr. Seuss.
L - Likeness: Maybe Amy Adams. But I'm not really sure.
M - Memory tricks: Post-It notes are my best friends.
N - New app: Who needs apps when there are books to read?!
O - Outdoor space: The wooden chairs on my porch. With a cup of cocoa and a great book, I'm happy to enjoy some fresh air.
P - Poetry: Small doses for me. I prefer Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
Q - Quirk: I love playing around with accents (Australian, British, etc.)
R - Retail store: I typically shop at Walmart.
S - Setting in a book: Currently, I'm really enjoying WWII books, so Belgium, Austria, Germany, Netherlands, etc.
T - Time of the year: Winter, because it's not a thousand degrees (usually). I'm in Texas, where we only know two kinds of weather: Summer and two-weeks-of-not-summer. Lol.
U - Upcoming book or movie: Book - Beth Vogt's Things I Never Told You; Movie - The Current War
V - Verbose: Depends on the day and my mood. I can be super quiet, but I can also be uber-chatty. Normally, though, I'm balanced somewhere in between.
W - Writing implement: Laptop.
X - X-ray: Probably to see if I had broken my ankle at volleyball a few years ago. It turned out to be just a severe sprain.
Y - Yummy treat: White fudge Oreos.
Z - Zoo: I love zoos. The orangutans and sea and river otters are my favorite critters.

message 8: by Lauren (new)

Lauren  (aren216) | 48 comments A - Ancestors: One family member has found some things, but nothing major from what mom told me.
B - Bible story: Ruth and Matthew are my favorites
C - Charity you support: American Heart Association and St. Judes. I do donate to my alma mater Cal Lutheran, too, and it goes to help students.
D - Drink: I love my teas, especially from Tazo.
E - Exercise: I walk
F - Fragrance: Lilly from Crabtree & Evelynn, but that was discontinued so now I have one of their Rose scents
G - Guilty pleasure: listening to Christmas music any time of the year
H - Household chore: Favorite is organizing/cleaning the kitchen. Least favorite is vacuuming
I - Item of clothing: Jeans
J - Jewelry: Earrings and tanzinite ring my mom gave me
K - Kid's book: Courderoy
L - Likeness: I don't know, though mom often said she had seen a bit of me in Natalie Wood (Miracle on 34th St).
M - Memory tricks: I am good, for the most part at remembering where streets are after visiting twice. Not names though
N - New app: uhhhh Fitbitt
O - Outdoor space: the park or the museum
P - Poetry: Not a fan
Q - Quirk: Play with my hair
R - Retail store: Barnes and Noble
S - Setting in a book: Snow/Christmas
T - Time of the year: November 1st through March 1st, then Easter
U - Upcoming book or movie: Upcoming movie is Black Panther then Fantastic Beasts; Upcoming book is Untitled Circle (Tris) Book, if she ever finishes it. I am waiting for Iron Gold, even if it's predecessors are a bit too gory for my taste. I just like the story for some reason.
V - Verbose: Initially not much
W - Writing implement: pencil/pen
X - X-ray: don't know/remember
Y - Yummy treat: I have a few sweet treats I love
Z - Zoo: I have only been to The Cat House in Rosamond, I love white tigers because of it! That being said I'd love to see cheetahs, elephants, pandas, otters, and dolphins some day. Just not three of those up close! haha I live in the desert so I've seen a lot of desert wildlife roam free.

message 9: by Angie (new)

Angie Thompson (angiethompson) | 112 comments A - Ancestors - Scandinavian/French/Irish (I think?), and English/very Irish by adoption. I've been told we're distant cousins of...someone rich and famous, but I can't remember who. Also heard from a dentist that my lack of bottom wisdom teeth means I have a Viking in my heritage somewhere--go figure!
B - Bible story - Jonathan and John Mark
C - Charity you support - Voice of the Martyrs
D - Drink - Green apple Gatorade (odd, I know, but my drink options are pretty limited)
E - Exercise - Not very good at this, but I do have some exercise videos I'm trying to get back to
F - Fragrance - Don't use much at all. At one point in my teens, I informed people that I liked Tommy Girl and ended up with more of it than I'll use in a lifetime...
G - Guilty pleasure - Reading when I should be doing something else.
H - Household chore - Dusting is the bane of my existence.
I - Item of clothing - Currently pretty proud of a jacket I picked up at a thrift store for a dollar. The sleeves were too short, but I cut them off and made them three-quarter (my first real alteration project), and I love the way it looks!
J - Jewelry - Haven't really liked my birthstone since I grew out of my childhood pink phase, but I'm coming back to pink, so maybe it's time to revisit it.
K - Kid's book - Still have the copy of Little Women that I got for my fifth birthday and used to sleep with under my pillow at night.
(True story.) It's held together with duct tape and has clumps of pages falling out, but I can't bring myself to part with it.
L - Likeness - Nobody that I've ever heard.
M - Memory tricks - I don't have an incredibly good memory, especially for numbers, but I do manage to memorize most of my favorite lines from books and movies!
N - New app - Love my Goodbudget app for tracking my finances.
O - Outdoor space - Not a huge outdoors person (lots of allergies), but I love places with a pretty view where I can let my imagination run wild.
P - Poetry - Not a huge fan, although I still remember The Sandpiper from my school days.
Q - Quirk - Fidgeting with whatever is nearest at hand (pen, ring, fingernails, etc.). Not really a nervous tic; I do it even when I'm not nervous.
R - Retail store - Anywhere that sells craft supplies. Or books...
S - Setting in a book - I adore non-magical fantasies with a medieval-ish feel. Not sure why, but I do...
T - Time of the year - Not entirely sure, maybe fall.
U - Upcoming book or movie - I don't really keep up with upcoming releases like I should... I know I'm holding my breath for the next book in the Firmament series, and I like to keep an eye on what's new in the Christian indie film market.
V - Verbose - Not good at starting conversations or thinking of questions, but if you get me talking, you might have a hard time shutting me off.
W - Writing implement - I honestly prefer pencil, but it smudges too easily (especially being left-handed), so I've mostly switched to pen.
X - X-ray - Regular dental check
Y - Yummy treat - Milk chocolate
Z - Zoo - Any one I can visit with my nieces and nephews. One of the first times we took them, all the adults were frustrated because the tiger (or something) was hiding and not coming out, and my nephew pointed into the cage with a huge smile and said, "Wow! Ducks!"

message 10: by Loraine, CFD Momma (new)

Loraine (librarydiva) | 3037 comments Mod
A - Ancestors - I have been deep into genealogy for about 15 years. I have traced my family back to a Revolutionary Patriot and joined DAR. My 4th great grandfather was a circuit riding (by horseback) preacher until he died at the age of 99.
B - Bible story - Esther
C - Charity you support - Panama Mission
D - Drink - flavored coffee
E - Exercise - yoga
F - Fragrance - Chloe Narcisse
G - Guilty pleasure - Chocolate
H - Household chore - least favorite laundry
I - Item of clothing - my mom's fur coat
J - Jewelry - my wedding rings (my hubby spent all his Vietnam combat pay on them)
K - Kid's book - Nancy Drew mysteries
L - Likeness - none that I know of
M - Memory tricks - Mnemonics
N - New app - fitbit
O - Outdoor space - mountains
P - Poetry - Edgar Guest
Q - Quirk - I stick my tongue out when I am thinking
R - Retail store - any book store
S - Setting in a book - Mackinac Island
T - Time of the year - spring/summer when I can wear flip flops
U - Upcoming book or movie - Star Wars The Last Jedi
V - Verbose - very
W - Writing implement - pen
X - X-ray - dental
Y - Yummy treat - ice cream sundae
Z - Zoo - San Diego Zoo

message 11: by Beth, Head Librarian (new)

Beth | 2202 comments Mod
A - Ancestors (who are yours or who do you wish were yours?) - They are mostly of British (English & Scottish) decent, but I don't know much other than that! One day when I have a bit more time, I'd love to look into it more.

Birdie Lee was my great-great grandmother on Mom's side. She was Cherokee, and she liked to wear the same color head to toe. Her favorite color was red, and Mom said that once they picked her up for church, and she was wearing red everything, complete with red handbag and red hat.

Other names that I think are neat: Mila Letty, Arleitha Peoples, Kitty Caroline, Lula, Evalina, Rachael Missouri. Mazie Von Philyaw and Mexie Marie Hendrix were my great grandmothers. :) I got to meet Mazie, but never got to meet Mexie.

I don't necessarily have a favorite, though I do love Ruth's story. I read A Heart Like His by Beth Moore last year and gained such an appreciation for King David's story. Just so much to learn and glean from his story.

C - Charity you support
We sponsor a child in Uganda through Food for the Hungry and also do what we can to help the animal shelter here. It's been a no kill shelter for a long time, and we want to help keep it that way.

Coffeeeee! :D And I also like a good chai tea latte. I also LOVE cherry coke but don't drink soda all that often. I also try to drink water throughout the day, although I don't do as well in the colder months.

Primarily weights, walking, yoga, and Body Pump class

F - Fragrance
I love the smell of lavender! And, of course, the smell of coffee

G - Guilty pleasure
Netflix! :D And BBC. I also watch the Kiera Knightley version of Pride & Prejudice way too often, ha.

My least favorite is cleaning the bathroom! My favorite is folding clothes. Weird I know, but I listen to audio books usually when I do it. I also kind of like washing dishes.

I - Item of clothing
I have an old sweatshirt that was my oldest brother's when he was a kid (he's 40 now), and it is so worn in and cozy. I don't wear it out and about but just at home. For being over 20 years old, it's in really good condition still :)

I have a nickel allergy, so I don't wear a lot of jewelry, and it's only recently that I've started wearing the longer necklaces. I do love earrings (because it's easy to get hypoallergenic posts/wires. My favorite pieces are the more simple ones. I have a tiny silver cross that was a Christmas gift and my diamond earring studs that were a gift from my husband that I love and wear often.

Many! :) I loved Corduroy, The Napping House, The BFG, Ella Enchanted, The Ordinary Princess, the American Girl books

I don't think I resemble any of them, but I've heard Reese Withersppon.

I don't have any tricks and my mind seems very random in what it chooses to remember. Typically if I've read a book, I can remember the author as well, even if I read it years and years ago.

N - New app
I actually deleted apps this year that I wasn't using. I don't have any new ones at the moment.

Mountains and the Green Way

I like it and wish I read more of it. I like Emily Dickinson, as well as a contemporary poet Mary Oliver

I twirl my hair when I'm reading. I don't like to get the top or front of anything, I always go to the third one down or back (like a book facing outward in a stack, I don't get the top book). I put lotion on my hands after I wash my hands almost always. The last thing I do at night is put on lip balm.

R - Retail store
I love TJ Maxx and Ross!

S - Setting in a book
Anything historical :)

T - Time of the year
Late spring, summer, early fall, anytime it's not cold!

A Refuge Assured by Jocelyn Green is one I'm looking forward to!

Not very until I know someone well

W - Writing implement
Pen

Oh, wow, no clue. I guess just one from the dentist.

Y - Yummy treat
Chocolate!

Z - Zoo
Birmingham Zoo was excellent several years ago when I went. The one I've been to most is the Knoxville Zoo.

message 12: by Loraine, CFD Momma (new)

Beth I put lip balm on last thing at night also:)

message 13: by Missy (new)

Missy | 481 comments A - Ancestors (who are yours or who do you wish were yours?) - My husband actually just got me the Ancestry DNA kit and I found out I am Western European, Norwegian, and Great British Isles, the one I am baffled at is the 16% Iberian Penninsula - Not sure where that comes in. My grandma did my family history for the Brown family and were very prevalent in the Providence area. We are related to Roger Williams, and our English family was named Windsor . . . do I have royal family?
B - Bible story (do you have a favorite?) - The story of Ruth is probably my favorite.
C - Charity you support - The MD Anderson Children's Art Project is pretty close to my heart.
D - Drink (name the cuppa you gotta have?) - I'm a hot chocolate girl, but my fave is hot chocolate chia from Big Train.
E - Exercise (what keeps you active and fit?) - I walk a lot.
F - Fragrance - I'm allergic to perfume, but I love lavender.
G - Guilty pleasure - peanut M&Ms and Pepsi.
H - Household chore (most/least favorite?) - I don't mind any chores, but I loathe scrubbing the shower/tub.
I - Item of clothing - I'm a t-shirt and sweatshirt kind of gal.
J - Jewelry (list your birthstone or maybe a favorite piece) - My birthstone is Alexandrite (it is kind of like a mood stone, it changes color) but I love my garnet engagement ring (my husband's birthstone).
K - Kid's book (or a book you loved as a kid) - The Monster at the End of the Book - I laughed so hard.
L - Likeness (which famous person do you most resemble?) - Not sure.
M - Memory tricks (do you have a good memory?) - I'm a number girl, everything is associated with numbers.
N - New app - I just got hooked on HQ Live.
O - Outdoor space (where do you and yours like to hang out?) - we love the mountains, Chattanooga is our favorite vacation spot.
P - Poetry (what are your thoughts, any favorite poets?) - Emily Dickenson - Because I Could Not Stop for Death is my fave (dark I know).
Q - Quirk (we know you have them...) - I chew on my lips when I am concentrating (and I can never find my chapstick).
R - Retail store - Home Goods - my husband always tell me to keep it under $10, as if.
S - Setting in a book - I am a historical fiction fan.
T - Time of the year - I love spring and fall, they have such distinctive smells, even though I was born on the first day of summer.
U - Upcoming book or movie (which one is on your list to get to?) - Have you seen my TBR list? I just got the Zookeeper's Wife for Christmas and then recorded the movie so that will be read and seen shortly.
V - Verbose (just how talkative are you?) - If I know you I am very talkative.
W - Writing implement - I am a ballpoint pen girl - gel pens are too messy.
X - X-ray (what was your last one?) - May at the dentist.
Y - Yummy treat - Angel food cake with strawberries.
Z - Zoo - We enjoy the Birmingham and Memphis zoos.

message 14: by Cheryl, Challenges Mastermind (new)

Cheryl Olson (girlsmama) | 879 comments Mod
Kalena- this is so fun and a great way for all of us to get to know each other better- thanks for setting this up!

A - Ancestors (who are yours or who do you wish were yours)
Let's see- I have German, English and some Scandinavian in me. Ancestors of note- on my moms side- John Paul Jones and on my Dad's side- Max Planck- German Physicist.

B - Bible story (do you have a favorite?)- Oh Gosh- the one I'm reading at the time :)! I'd say maybe Ruth and Joseph- two people who came through some tough times, but God used it all for good :)

C - Charity you support- I very recently worked for a non-profit that came alongside at risk pregnant moms and it's called Step by Step, I still support them, just not as an employee :)

D - Drink (name the cuppa you gotta have?)- Oh goodness- Starbucks girl right here- Caramel Macchiato.

E - Exercise (what keeps you active and fit?)- Walking, yoga and I've started dance classes- jazz and tap. :)

F - Fragrance- I love the smell of coffee, vanilla, brownies baking. To wear- I love Fairy Dust and DKNY- Be delicious ( the apple looking one)

G - Guilty pleasure-Hallmark movies. :) and Dancing with the stars.

H - Household chore (most/least favorite?)- It's the same- mopping the floor- don't really love doing it, but I love clean floors, so there you go.

I - Item of clothing- Oh gosh I'd say cute coats. I have this bargain coat sale that I go to every year and it's just so fun to have a trendy fun coat to wear.

J - Jewelry (list your birthstone or maybe a favorite piece)- My birthstone is a ruby. My favorite piece of jewelry is my grandmother's pearls.

K - Kid's book (or a book you loved as a kid)- I loved the magic of A Little Princess

L - Likeness (which famous person do you most resemble?)- Oh goodness, I don't know. My husband says Kate Beckinsale but I think he's being overly kind. :)

M - Memory tricks (do you have a good memory?)-Mnemonic devices got me through college, but now I'd say post it notes and reminders on my iPhone.

N - New app -it's not terribly new, but I love my Waze app for navigation, it works well with my brain for some reason ,so I love it.

O-(Outdoor space)- We live in a beautiful place for hiking, especially in the Mt. Rainier area, so that's what I'm going with.

P - Poetry (what are your thoughts, any favorite poets?)-this is definitely an area that I'd like to grow in as I really don't have a favorite.

Q - Quirk (we know you have them...)- Umm- I should turn this answer over to my husband I'm sure he could list many! I'll just go with, I don't like to mix my syrupy pancakes with my eggs- like to keep them separate :)

R - Retail store- TJ Maxx, Home Goods, World Market and any fun quirky used book store I come across.

S - Setting in a book- I love anything British, so England.

T - Time of the year- I love Fall here in Washington- beautiful!

U - Upcoming book or movie (which one is on your list to get to?)The next Book in Dani Pettrey's latest Chesapeake Valor series.

V - Verbose (just how talkative are you?) Well you can probably guess by my long answers that I am very talkative. :)

W - Writing implement -I love a nice smooth flowing pen.

X - X-ray (what was your last one?) Dentist

Y - Yummy treat anything with chocolate and salted caramel- yum!

Z - Zoo - our local zoo is Point Defiance zoo in Tacoma, WA - great zoo to take the kids to!

message 15: by Caroline (last edited Jan 15, 2018 05:22AM) (new)

Caroline | 387 comments Cheryl wrote: "A - Ancestors (who are yours or who do you wish were yours)
Let's see- I have German, English and some Scandinavian in me. Ancestors of note- on my moms side- John Paul Jones and on my Dad's side- Max Planck- German Physicist."

Wow Cheryl, that's so cool that Planck is your ancestor. How cool is reading about your ancestor's discoveries in your textbook!

message 16: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (sherrig) | 2 comments A - Ancestors - I don’t really know. I’ve been told English, Irish, American Indian
B - Bible story - life of Daniel, maybe?
C - Charity you support - none consistently, but the local pregnancy center, hospice, etc
D - Drink - Water, coffee
E - Exercise - walking, stretching exercises, yoga
F - Fragrance - Cheryl and I must be fragrance twins, vanilla, brownies, coffee, and chocolate chip cookies
G - Guilty pleasure - chocolate
H - Household chore - least liked, dusting; most liked, huh??
I - Item of clothing - T-shirt, sweat pants and tennis shoes
J - Jewelry - birthstone is sapphire n only jewelry I wear are diamonique earrings
K - Kid's book Nancy Drew mysteries
L - Likeness - none
M - Memory tricks - reminders in Outlook and iPhone
N - New app - ?
O - Outdoor space - our pond
P - Poetry - not my thing
Q - Quirk - I pick at my hangnails CONSTANTLY!
R - Retail store - Amazon
S - Setting in a book - small town America, England
T - Time of the year - spring
U - Upcoming book or movie - Blue Ridge Sunrise by Denise Hunter and A Dangerous Legacy by Elizabeth Camden
V - Verbose - usually not, I’m an introvert
W - Writing implement - mechanical pencil
X - X-ray (what was your last one?) - CT scan for oncologist
Y - Yummy treat - brownies or chocolate chip cookies
Z - Zoo - I’ve been to 2, Louisville zoo and one in Birmingham, AL

message 17: by Angie (new)

Angie Thompson (angiethompson) | 112 comments Cheryl wrote: "I don't like to mix my syrupy pancakes with my eggs- like to keep them separate :)"

Oh, goodness--me, too, Cheryl! I can't stand syrup on my eggs! XP

message 18: by Lila (new)

Lila Diller | 292 comments That's so funny, guys!! I used to totally be like that: no one food could touch any other on my plate. I did not like anything mixing that wasn't supposed to already (like mashed potatoes with gravy). However, I have just recently started allowing myself to try beans in gravy and eggs in syrup, etc., and I guess my taste buds have all died & changed, because it's not too bad now! :D

Hunter (Totally NOT a communist ☭) (codenameagentmcmuffin) A - Ancestors (who are yours or who do you wish were yours?) I have German, Irish, Scottish, British and Native American ancestors. Some of my family has been here since the colonies.

B - Bible story (do you have a favorite?) Can't say. I don't remember all that many stories save for the ones everyone knows.

C - Charity you support-I don't personally have one, but we sponsor a child through World Vision.

D - Drink (name the cuppa you gotta have?) Not anything I need to have, but I enjoy chocolate milk, hot chocolate, orange juice and various sodas.

E - Exercise (what keeps you active and fit?) My job, really. I'm on my feet all day and I lift heavy boxes and metal pipes. Leaves me sore almost every single day!

F - Fragrance-Hmmm...toughie. Definitely something from Bath and Body Works though. Who cares if it's "girly"? The gender police aren't going to come arrest me for it, right?

G - Guilty pleasure-I guess I don't have one? One that I'd be comfortable with sharing anyway >.<

H - Household chore (most/least favorite?) I. Hate. Dishes. Even when we're all gone all day we still fill two sinks with dirty dishes and several countertops almost every day. And I'm the only one who does them. Everyone else gets to watch TV or whatever while I'm nearly puking from the smell ((and I have puked several times before from it))

I - Item of clothing- Athletic shorts and my T-shirts with bad puns

J - Jewelry (list your birthstone or maybe a favorite piece)- I don't wear jewelry but my birthstone is a diamond

K - Kid's book (or a book you loved as a kid) LOVED Mgic Tree House and Junie B Jones.

L - Likeness (which famous person do you most resemble?)- I have no idea
M - Memory tricks (do you have a good memory?)- My memory is terrible, as some my friends can attest to. It makes me self conscious..

N - New app- New app like...that we just got or recently released? Either way I don't know as I haven't downloaded apps in a while ((save one for bathroom breaks during movies)) but there are several games I enjoy!

O - Outdoor space (where do you and yours like to hang out?) I don't live near the beach but I love being outside on the sand.

P - Poetry (what are your thoughts, any favorite poets?) Not big on poetry but I did write a haiku in middle school. "The trees bend harshly/the grass flies up in the sky/a storm approaches"

Q - Quirk (we know you have them...) Things need to be even! Like how many times I chew my food, how many chips I eat, etc. I don't count numbers but I will go "odd even odd even odd even"

R - Retail store- Not sure, but I do find the modern styled ones to be gorgeous.

S - Setting in a book-Fantasy!

T - Time of the year-Summer. So much stuff to do and I get to wear shorts too!

U - Upcoming book or movie (which one is on your list to get to?) We've waited almost 15 years for The Incredibles 2 and in five months it's coming!

V - Verbose (just how talkative are you?)-Too many factors to answer straight. Who am I with? What are my surroundings? What's my mood? Do I care about the topic?

W - Writing implement-Do keyboards count? I'm a whiz at fast typing but my writing is as legible as Linear A, which has no translation.

X - X-ray (what was your last one?) Never had one

Y - Yummy treat- Couldn't possibly pick ONE, but eclair cake is tasty.

Z - Zoo-I've only been to two: the local one ((which is meh)) and the Smithsonian Zoo when I was little. I remember little but the pictures show me having fun so I guess I had a blast. Also have a little story about that.

Hunter (Totally NOT a communist ☭) (codenameagentmcmuffin) Lila wrote: "That's so funny, guys!! I used to totally be like that: no one food could touch any other on my plate. I did not like anything mixing that wasn't supposed to already (like mashed potatoes with grav..."

I only allow my dipping sauces to touch my food or with breakfast I'll put syrup on my sausage ((or use the syrup as dipping)). Sausage and maple syrup are amazing together.

message 21: by Lila (new)

Lila Diller | 292 comments I agree, I love sausage & syrup! :)

Hunter (Totally NOT a communist ☭) (codenameagentmcmuffin) I'll also do bacon and syrup

message 23: by AlegnaB † (new)

AlegnaB † (alegnab) | 1014 comments Missy wrote: "A - Ancestors...My husband actually just got me the Ancestry DNA kit and I found out I am Western European, Norwegian, and Great British Isles, the one I am baffled at is the 16% Iberian Penninsula - Not sure where that comes in. ..."

This is an interesting article: How DNA Testing Botched My Family's Heritage, and Probably Yours, Too.

message 24: by AlegnaB † (last edited Jan 24, 2018 06:28AM) (new)

AlegnaB † (alegnab) | 1014 comments A - Ancestors -- According to a book about pirates who were in this area, my paternal great-great-etc. grandfather (about eight generations back and having my maiden name) was a pirate captain during the Revolutionary War.
B - Bible story -- Other than Jesus death and resurrection, I don't have a favorite. I don't think I've ever thought about that.
C - Charity -- local Christian shelter/rescue mission/food pantry; missionary families we know
D - Drink -- water
E - Exercise -- various weight machines, treadmill, elliptical; I'm very inconsistent about the weight machines and elliptical because I have to drive 20 minutes to get to them. I'm fairly consistent with the treadmill because hubby bought one a few years ago. I wanted an elliptical because running is so jarring, but he said that an elliptical hurts his back. He used the treadmill off and on for the first six months or so and has hardly been on it since. I'm still thinking of buying an elliptical but haven't because I want one that's fitness-center quality and therefore expensive.
F - Fragrance -- various citrus
G - Guilty pleasure -- chocolate
H - Household chore -- I don't have a most favorite because I don't like any. Washing dishes is my most hated.
I - Item of clothing -- jeans
J - Jewelry -- I don't wear much jewelry, but I love sapphire since I love blue, and it's a practical color since I wear jeans so much. I always wear a sapphire and diamond ring that hubby bought me for our 25th wedding anniversary.
K - Kid's book -- If I Ran the Circus If I Ran the Circus by Dr. Seuss by Dr. Seuss
L - Likeness -- ?
M - Memory tricks -- I don't use them. My memory is great for conversations and for faces but bad for names and for getting to places I've been before.
N - New app -- I'm not much into apps, but I love the jigsaw puzzle app by Kristanix and the Jumbline app. I'm thankful for the Waze app.
O - Outdoor space -- local historic area
P - Poetry -- don't care for it
Q - Quirk -- I need symmetry. For example, when coming down my carpeted stairs, I'll intentionally avoid putting my foot on the hardwood floor of the foyer if I'm going to the carpeted area on the right. If I do step on the hardwood flooring, I have to take an extra, unneeded step before moving to the carpet so that both feet feel the same surface.
R - Retail store -- Walmart; I'm not much of a shopper for anything other than groceries, and I usually can get the best prices at Walmart.
S - Setting in a book -- Regency England, although I wouldn't have wanted to live then and there.
T - Time of the year -- Mid spring, since the cold has usually gone but the heat hasn't arrived to stay.
U - Upcoming book or movie -- As to movie, whatever Marvel or Pixar movie is coming out next. I don't keep up with that, though. I prefer to wait until a movie comes out on DVD, but the kids usually want to go to the theater. As to book, there's no particular one. I'm not usually in a hurry to read a new release.
V - Verbose -- I can be very talkative when around friends.
W - Writing implement -- pens with bright, bold ink of non-standard colors (pink, green, purple, cyan)
X - X-ray -- at the dentist last year or so
Y - Yummy treat -- chocolate
Z - Zoo -- Kentucky Down Under Adventure Zoo, where even my little kids were allowed to pet kangaroos and other Australian animals.

message 25: by Missy (new)

Missy | 481 comments Actually I knew most of my heritage already, even to about the exact percentage, so like all things I took it with a grain of salt. But it was the experience and seeing what it said as opposed to the extensive research I, and other people in my family, have found.

Hunter (Totally NOT a communist ☭) (codenameagentmcmuffin) My mom did her own research. She might have used some Ancestry or something like it but she has all sorts of notes in notebooks about our ancestors lives and families.

We have an ancestor who served under Washington, if I remember.

Hunter (Totally NOT a communist ☭) (codenameagentmcmuffin) Also Alegna, I don't know what MArvel is brewing next because I don't like the MCU, but The Incredibles 2 is coming to theaters in June. We have a teaser trailer but not much else.

message 28: by AlegnaB † (new)

AlegnaB † (alegnab) | 1014 comments Hunter (Totally NOT a communist ☭) wrote: "...The Incredibles 2 is coming to theaters in June. We have a teaser trailer but not much else."

Thanks. I don't watch trailers because I don't like spoilers. But I do read through a couple of review sections at PluggedIn.com to see if there's material that I don't want my kids to see or hear. If there is, we wait for the DVD so we can watch the movie without the objectionable material through our ClearPlay player. I definitely want to see Incredibles 2, but my kids, 16 & 18yo, aren't excited about that one, so we'll probably wait for the DVD. My daughter keeps up with what's coming out and watches trailers. She's the one that knew about The Greatest Showman (I hadn't heard of it), planned when to see it with her best friend, and got Dad to take the family to it (meeting her bf there) on the third day it was in the theaters.

Hunter (Totally NOT a communist ☭) (codenameagentmcmuffin) It's just a teaser trailer; those don't give away any plot points. Their purpose is saying "hey, this is a thing now!"

Incredibles is my favorite Pixar movie ((I'll be 19 in April)) and I'm pumped for the sequel.

message 30: by AlegnaB † (new)

AlegnaB † (alegnab) | 1014 comments Hunter (Totally NOT a communist ☭) wrote: "Incredibles is my favorite Pixar movie..."

It's not my favorite, although I did give it a rating of 10 on IMDB. It's hard to choose a favorite Pixar movie. I've given quite a few Pixar movies a 10 rating. If I had to pick one, I'd probably pick Toy Story 3 since I cried nonstop during the last ten minutes or more of the movie, and I rarely cry during movies. Since I've enjoyed superhero TV shows and movies from the time I was a young child (I'm 53yo) and since I usually love Pixar movies, it was pretty much a sure thing that I'd give The Incredibles a 10.

Hunter (Totally NOT a communist ☭) (codenameagentmcmuffin) I rarely cry during movies either but i was bawling at the end of TS3 too. Not a big fan of superheros in general but somehow Incredibles caught my interest where Marvel and DC fail. I guess it's because Pixar doesn't force countless movies you don't really care about but you need to watch to see that *one* movie you want to see and get it. And they give proper introductions to the important characters. I've seen MArvel movies and couldn't tell you the names of most of the cast, what their importance to there plot is, anything about who they are as a person or where they came from, etc.

During Age of Ultron ((big spoiler ahead if someone hasn't seen it))(view spoiler)

message 32: by MKay (new)

MKay | 38 comments Hunter-Guys like Bath and Body. They like their girls to smell good.LOL

Hunter (Totally NOT a communist ☭) (codenameagentmcmuffin) True, but I mean I like to use their scents on myself. I wouldn't mind smelling like cherry blossoms for a while even though I shower after 11 at night so no one else will notice the scent

message 34: by MKay (new)

MKay | 38 comments I think that ok. I usually can't smell them after a few minutes anyway. My fellow likes the lotions on himself, too!

message 35: by Bonny (new)

Bonny (bonnybonnybeth) | 561 comments Beth wrote: "...Birdie Lee was my great-great grandmother on Mom's side. She was Cherokee, and she liked to wear the same color head to toe. Her favorite color was red, and Mom said that once they picked her up for church, and she was wearing red everything, complete with red handbag and red hat...."

Haha, Beth, she sounds like me! I also love wearing all the same colors at a time, and my favorite color is also red! I have a red coat, red hat, red scarf, and red gloves. And today I'm wearing a red sweater and red socks and red shoes! But I don't have any red pants, so I'm wearing brown which is "almost" red. But a few weeks ago at church, I was wearing a solid red sweater and long red skirt! And of course red earrings too!

message 36: by Beth, Head Librarian (new)

Beth | 2202 comments Mod
Bonny wrote: "Beth wrote: "...Birdie Lee was my great-great grandmother on Mom's side. She was Cherokee, and she liked to wear the same color head to toe. Her favorite color was red, and Mom said that once they ..."

You guys would be kindred spirits, then! I tend to like pops of color, though I haven't been as drawn to red recently, but I do tend to buy red pieces that I love (rain coat, shoes, purse). And I have a pair of red pants that I love, so I say you need a pair of those, too! :)

message 37: by Bonny (new)

Bonny (bonnybonnybeth) | 561 comments Beth wrote: "You guys would be kindred spirits, then! I tend to like pops of color, though I haven't been as drawn to red recently, but I do tend to buy red pieces that I love (rain coat, shoes, purse). And I have a pair of red pants that I love, so I say you need a pair of those, too! :)..."

You're right, I do need a pair of red pants! Used to have some dark red corduroys, but they tore. Time for a new pair!!

message 38: by Loraine, CFD Momma (new)

I just bought a pair of my favorite brand jeans in red. Been waiting for Kohl's to have them in my size.

message 39: by Joy (new)

Joy (audioaddict1234) | 115 comments A - Ancestors (who are yours or who do you wish were yours?)
Morgan Morgan, first European settler in West Virginia, is one of mine

B - Bible story (do you have a favorite?) Esther

C - Charity you support: A local after school program and a friend’s daughter at YWAM

D - Drink (name the cuppa you gotta have?) Diet Coke but trying to cut back
E - Exercise (what keeps you active and fit?) walking, hiking
F - Fragrance -I’m allergic, so au natural
G - Guilty pleasure - playing games on my iPad while listening to audiobooks
H - Household chore (most/least favorite?): Most would be cooking and least would be bathrooms
I - Item of clothing- my black hiking pants
J - Jewelry (list your birthstone or maybe a favorite piece)- hubby got me a necklace and earrings with a red stone—garnet maybe? I think it’s the birthstone for January and we were married that month, plus I like red
K - Kid's book (or a book you loved as a kid) - tough one, maybe Little House books
L - Likeness (which famous person do you most resemble?) - none
M - Memory tricks (do you have a good memory?) - repetition
N - New app - Hoopla
O - Outdoor space (where do you and yours like to hang out?) anywhere with a hiking trail
P - Poetry (what are your thoughts, any favorite poets?) - not my thing
Q - Quirk (we know you have them...) - I’ll have to ask someone
R - Retail store - Target
S - Setting in a book - I like modern small town settings
T - Time of the year - fall
U - Upcoming book or movie (which one is on your list to get to?) - Wrinkle in Time movie
V - Verbose (just how talkative are you?) -depends on the setting
W - Writing implement - I love colored pens
X - X-ray (what was your last one?) - I don’t remember having one
Y - Yummy treat - chocolate anything
Z - Zoo - I own 3 dogs, two horses, and two rats, does that count? Seriously the Memphis Zoo is amazing and you should go if you have the chance

message 40: by Joy (new)

Joy (audioaddict1234) | 115 comments I’m clearly going to have to wear something red to church tonight.

message 41: by Joy (new)

Joy (audioaddict1234) | 115 comments Hunter I love the Incredibles and didn’t know about the sequel. Now to decide: date night or family night (my kids are 18 & 22 But might want to come)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.