Koontzland - Dean Koontz discussion

The Face of Fear
This topic is about The Face of Fear
Stand Alone Novels 1968-1979 > The Face of Fear (Group Read - February 2018)

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 5993 comments Mod
The Face of Fear will be featured in February.

Originally published in 1977 under the pseudonym Brian Coffey, The Face of Fear was re-released in 1985 with Dean Koontz as the author.

Brian Coffey had previously written the 1970's Tucker Series which is now out of print. Coffey is also the author of The Voice of the Night (1980)

Fred (fredderoche) | 124 comments I added as a "want to-read". thanks Dustin

Charissa Wilkinson (lilmizflashythang) | 247 comments I might re-read this one. Who knows.

I will probably read it. I try to read most of the group reads. The Face of Fear is a relatively short novel and I haven't read it for a while.

Reminder: The Face of Fear is featured as our February Group Read. This is a shorter novel, fitting for a shorter month. Happy Reading!

message 6: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen (reader44ever) | 283 comments I might actually join you (finally!) for this one. "Shorter novel" caught my eye, since I need to read a "short book" for a swap I'm doing on Swap-Bot.com swap! So I might get the audio edition to listen to. :-)

The Audiobook is 6 hours and 49 minutes. Hope that is short enough :-)

message 8: by Jen (last edited Feb 04, 2018 01:24PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen (reader44ever) | 283 comments Dustin Crazy little brown owl wrote: "The Audiobook is 6 hours and 49 minutes. Hope that is short enough :-)"

Should be easily done in one day, so I'd say so! Thanks! :-)

EDIT: I bought it! So I'll hope to listen to it this month. Maybe this week, or maybe not until February 19th. :-)

Shannon (shannondisbell) | 37 comments read this 2 years ago form what i remember i liked it alot

I will likely be facing the Face of Fear in the face about mid-month. Got a few other titles in my lineup.

message 11: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen (reader44ever) | 283 comments Dustin Crazy little brown owl wrote: "I will likely be facing the Face of Fear in the face about mid-month. Got a few other titles in my lineup."

Me too. Plus, starting tomorrow I'll be in three back-to-back readathons. This book should be okay for the third, though, so I might be able to read it sometime on or after February 15th.

message 12: by Fred (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fred (fredderoche) | 124 comments Hello, Everyone I have started

I am currently reading :-)

message 14: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen (reader44ever) | 283 comments I'll probably listen to the audio of it I got closer to the end of the month (or sometime next week).

The Audiobook has the same narrator as The Voice of the Night audiobook (both are Brian Coffey Novels).

The story is similar to The Vision.

The Voice of the Night by Brian Coffey

The Vision by Dean Koontz

message 16: by Fred (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fred (fredderoche) | 124 comments I have finished The Face of Fear.... Can't everyone jump from a 40th floor? Next month looks good too. Thanks

message 17: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen (reader44ever) | 283 comments I read it, too. I got the audiobook to listen to, but ended up reading it. (I was able to find the copy of it I owned.) I enjoyed it! Suspenseful, and with a satisfying ending, I'm glad I read it. :-)

Although, can anyone explain to me how (view spoiler)

But apart from that one minor complaint/niggling detail, this was a good book. I gave it four stars. :-)

message 18: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (last edited Feb 28, 2018 08:58PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fred wrote: "I have finished The Face of Fear.... Can't everyone jump from a 40th floor? Next month looks good too. Thanks"

I wouldn't recommend jumping from the 40th Floor :-) Better if you have some mountain climbing skills and equipment handy and even better if it's not in a snowstorm.

I thought the twists were fun :-)

Jen wrote: "I read it, too. I got the audiobook to listen to, but ended up reading it. (I was able to find the copy of it I owned.) I enjoyed it! Suspenseful, and with a satisfying ending, I'm glad I read it. ..."

I will have to re-read that part and see if I can explain :-)

message 21: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa Goodnight (auntiegame) | 9 comments Started this late, but I'm sick in bed, so I'll likely finish it by tonight or tomorrow. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

message 22: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa Goodnight (auntiegame) | 9 comments Finished! Fantastic short novel! I totally guessed the mystery person too! 😂 Loved it, very exciting!

Jen wrote: "I read it, too. I got the audiobook to listen to, but ended up reading it. (I was able to find the copy of it I owned.) I enjoyed it! Suspenseful, and with a satisfying ending, I'm glad I read it. ..."

(view spoiler)