What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Charley
This topic is about Charley
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Middle Grade fiction read in 1974ish, Charley is sent to stay with her aunt for the summer but when she arrives her aunt has unexpectedly been called away, so Charley lives secretly behind the house. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan Connell Biggs | 4 comments Charley is sent to stay with her aunt for the summer but when she arrives her aunt has unexpectedly been called away, so Charley lives secretly behind the house living off milk that is still being delivered and food from the garden. I thought the book was called Charley, but I can't find it anywhere online.

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1259 comments I know I've read this. Just can't think of the title or author.

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarb-ken) | 52 comments Charley is another name for Flowers for Algeron but it’s not what you’re looking for. If you haven’t read it, try it.

message 5: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan Connell Biggs | 4 comments That's the one! I'm not sure why it didn't come up in my searches!
Thanks so much!

Ayshe wrote: "Charley by Joan G. Robinson?"

Susan wrote: "Charley is sent to stay with her aunt for the summer but when she arrives her aunt has unexpectedly been called away, so Charley lives secretly behind the house living off milk that is still being ..."

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Charley (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Joan G. Robinson (other topics)