Brantford Public Library's Online Book Club discussion

Little Fires Everywhere
This topic is about Little Fires Everywhere
Little Fires Everywhere > Final Thoughts

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brantford (last edited Dec 30, 2017 07:46AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brantford Public Library | 453 comments Mod
Overall, did you enjoy reading Little Fires Everywhere? What about it stood out to you the most? What did you like least about it?

Who do you think should read it?

Laura | 92 comments I just have to say that this was my favourite book of 2017. I recommend it to everyone that I can, whenever I get the chance! A great pick BPL! Looking forward to lots of great reads in 2018.

message 3: by BookishGirl (last edited Jan 08, 2018 12:18PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

BookishGirl | 1 comments I had high expectations for this novel. I had heard greatness from everyone, except a few. I began to listen to this title on audio- I was not impressed with the narrator, so I decided to read the novel myself and forget the audio.

At first, I had no trouble with finding a stopping point in this novel. Then when I was about half-way through the novel, it was like I couldn't turn the pages fast enough. And then, the ending started to slow down to the point that I was a bit bored.

Quite a few parts of this novel stood out to me, however, I will select my favorites. A few favorites were, I had to know who was going to have custody of Bebe's daughter, so the court hearings were page-turners. Then what was going to happen between Trip and Pearl and then Pearl and Moody. Also, how Lexie relied or rather used Pearl to keep her name clean, so she could have an abortion and how Mrs. Richardson found out and thought it was Pearl. Finally, I was enthralled with Mia's story of being a “so-called” surrogate.

I think what I liked least was how I felt the ending was a bit rushed. I wanted more from Izzy and from Mia and Pearl. I wanted Pearl to be able to either make amends, or at least have the opportunity to talk with her new friends for closure, rather than being whisked away, home to pack and off in the Rabbit.

Does anyone feel there needs to be a continuation, or a follow-up to this novel?

Brantford Public Library's Online Book Club

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Little Fires Everywhere (other topics)