Ultimate Popsugar Reading Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2018 archive > April group read nominations - a book that involves a bookstore or library

Comments Showing 1-50 of 128 (128 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1508 comments Nominate one book you would like the group to read for April's monthly challenge – a book involving a bookstore or library.

Post the title and author (please use the add book link for the book title, if possible).

Rules:
One nomination of one book per member. If you post multiple books only the first one will be counted.

You must list the title in your comment in order to count.

The top 6 books that receive 3 or more nominations will be added to a poll which will open after the nominations have been closed and counted.

Nominations will close on January 5.

No other posts in this thread. If you wish to discuss the merits of the books you can do so on the individual prompt thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Alicia (last edited Dec 30, 2017 09:37AM) (new)

Maggie Champlin | 1 comments The Time Traveler’s Wife

message 6: by Agnieszka (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 58 comments Maggie wrote: "The Time Traveler’s Wife"

I wasn't aware this one fits for this prompt and want read it as well - so I second this nomination :-)

message 8: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (jovali2) | 242 comments I loved this book: The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry

message 11: by Becki (new)

Becki Kuik | 4 comments I have The Little Paris Bookshop sitting on my shelf so I will also nominate it.

message 12: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinajm) | 80 comments Midnight at the bright ideas book store.

message 13: by Kate (new)

Kate Bowman | 5 comments I'd add The Book That Matters Most which features both a book club and two different, and significant to the plot, used bookstores.

message 16: by Rose (new)

Rose W | 73 comments The man who loved books too much: a true story of a thief, a detective and a world literary obsession.

message 17: by Denise (new)

Denise | 3 comments The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George

message 18: by Kim (new)

Kim Williamson | 48 comments I'm using The Little Paris Bookshop for my country prompt. And I've read and loved The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry. Any of the rest of these sound fabulous, but since I can only cast my vote for one, I'll go with Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore

message 20: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 0 comments I nominate The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

message 23: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Oertel | 753 comments The Shadow of the Wind Carlos Ruiz Zafon is one of the best fiction writers out there. This book's writing is beautiful and mesmerizing.

message 24: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (belalusia) | 46 comments I second The Man Who Loved Books Too Much

message 26: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (meldejanira) | 3 comments I read a few of the nominations and "Dear Fahrenheit 451 Love and heartbreak in the stacks a Librarian's Love Letters and Breakup Notes to the Books in her Life" (few😅) Caught my attention so I second it.

This is the link but Goodreads doesn't recognize it ?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 27: by CallMeSensei (new)

CallMeSensei | 12 comments I vote for Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore!

message 29: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Mongan | 22 comments I’d like to nominate 84, Charing Cross Road!

message 33: by Charlsa (last edited Dec 30, 2017 09:21AM) (new)

Charlsa (cjbookjunkie) | 194 comments I nominate The Library at the Edge of the World by Felicity Hayes-McCoy.

message 34: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Brandell The time travelers wife!

message 35: by Kristina (last edited Dec 30, 2017 09:35AM) (new)

message 36: by Mary Anne (new)

Mary Anne (maryanneclement) | 19 comments Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore

message 37: by SarahKat (new)

SarahKat | 163 comments I third (I think) The Shadow of the Wind

message 40: by Chrissy (last edited Dec 30, 2017 09:50AM) (new)

message 41: by Linda (new)

Linda Varick-cooper | 2 comments I know that The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry and Dear Fahrenheit 451: Love and Heartbreak in the Stacks: A Librarian's Love Letters and Breakup Notes to the Books in Her Life would both be a great help to anyone who might be looking for "a book mentioned in another book".

message 43: by Natasha (new)

Natasha B | 3 comments The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry sounds interesting! I'll vote for that!

message 44: by Marjorie (new)

Marjorie (marjorielstr) | 20 comments Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore would be a good choice and it has been on my TBR list for over a year :-)

message 45: by Alessandra (new)

Alessandra | 3 comments The Little Paris Bookshop (in its PT-BR version, "A livraria mágica de Paris")

message 47: by Tara (new)

Tara Bates | 1008 comments Mr penumbras

message 48: by Anabell (last edited Dec 30, 2017 12:17PM) (new)

Anabell | 354 comments Rachel wrote: "Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore"

I second the Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore (Which turned out to be I '4th' it!?)

message 49: by Sheryl (new)

Sheryl (sherylcat) | 3 comments Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore

message 50: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Amanda (she / her) (readwith2njenn) I second

Check out Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore by Matthew J. Sullivan
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.