Shut Up & Read discussion

Archived Reading Challenges > Janurary 2018 Star Wars Character Spell Challenge

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Leigh | 15877 comments Mod
Star Wars Character Spell Challenge
January 1-31, 2018

description

This is for all the Star Wars fans out there. The Last Jedi is the current movie out. We are celebrating it in this challenge. Choose your favorite character or anything The Last Jedi related using that name for your Acronym. Use the authors first or last name or a characters first or last name or the title or series title that starts with that letter. If you use the series title, please make sure to include that in your book list.

LEVELS:
TROOPER: 1-4
ADMIRAL: 5-7
JEDI: 8-10
SUPREME LEADER: 11+

Remember don't start until January 1st! Happy Reading!

message 2: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (last edited Jan 30, 2018 02:48PM) (new)

Star Wars Character Spell Challenge
January 1-31, 2018

description

LEVELS: JEDI

Completed: 9/9

Vulptices

V: Vampires Gone Wild (Vamp City, #1.5; Love at Stake, #13.5; Diaries of an Urban Panther, #3.5) by Kerrelyn Sparks 1/13
U:(Under the Never Sky, #2) Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2) by Veronica Rossi1/30
L: Lori Foster Don't Tempt Me (Guthrie Brothers #1) by Lori Foster1/20
P: Kristen Painter The Witch's Halloween Hero (Nocturne Falls, #4.5) by Kristen Painter 1/12
T: (Ten Tiny Breaths #3) Four Seconds to Lose (Ten Tiny Breaths, #3) by K.A. Tucker1/15
I: (Immortals of New Orleans #1) Kade's Dark Embrace (Immortals of New Orleans, #1) by Kym Grosso1/17
C: Cruel and Beautiful (Cruel & Beautiful, #1) by A.M. Hargrove1/26
E: (Elder Races #5) Lord's Fall (Elder Races, #5) by Thea Harrison1/19
S:(Sinful Brides #1) The Rogue's Wager (Sinful Brides, #1) by Christi Caldwell 1/11

message 3: by Elle (last edited Jan 30, 2018 08:04PM) (new)

Elle (elleay) | 140 comments Okay, I am so far behind in watching the Star Wars films I'm probably not qualified for this challenge. The last SW franchise film I saw was Revenge of the Sith. Yeah, I know. My Star Wars membership is in jeopardy. But I remember waiting in line outside the local mall to see the first Star Wars film in 1977. Though I was very young, I am one of the originals, so no one's takin' my Star Wars membership card away from me! Since I'm not up on the latest characters' names and such, I'm goin' old school for this challenge. A classic.

Level: Jedi
Completed: 8/8

T: Tybalt in A Local Habitation by Seanan McGuire - 1/7
H: Home by Nnedi Okorafor - 1/30
E: Elle Kennedy's One Night of Sin - 1/13

F: Frost Burned by Patricia Briggs - 1/9
O: October Daye #3 - An Artificial Night by Seanan McGuire - 1/14
R: Robert McCloskey's One Morning in Maine - 1/29
C: Curran in Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews - 1/22
E: T.S. Eliot's Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats - 1/27

message 4: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Elle, I remember those days, too. The lines were so long it was ridiculous. That was when I fell in love with Han Solo (Harrison Ford). I wanted to be Princess Leia. The Force is the theme through out the films.

message 5: by Elle (new)

Elle (elleay) | 140 comments I figured The Force was alive and well even in the latest episodes. My mother's crush on Harrison Ford started with that movie and continues to this day. I wanted an R2D2 of my own. Still do.

message 6: by Andy (new)

Andy I'm in for Supreme Leader category, still figuring out what acronym I want to use

message 7: by Andy (last edited Jan 23, 2018 04:04PM) (new)

Andy Completed: 17/17

G- George in Frostbite (The Dragonian, #3) by Adrienne Woods Read 1/11/18
E- Earth's End (Air Awakens, #3) by Elise Kova Read 1/11/18
N- Naida in The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich Read 1/7/18
E- Elise Kova- Fire Falling (Air Awakens, #2) by Elise Kova Read 1/10/18
R- Renegades (Renegades, #1) by Marissa Meyer Read 1/7/18
A- Aileana in The Falconer (The Falconer, #1) by Elizabeth May Read 1/1/18
L- Lonnarch in The Vanishing Throne (The Falconer, #2) by Elizabeth May Read 1/4/18

L- Lonnrach in The Fallen Kingdom (The Falconer, #3) by Elizabeth May Read 1/4/18
E- Elise Kova- Water's Wrath (Air Awakens #4) by Elise Kova Read 1/16/18
I- Iskari #1 The Last Namsara (Iskari, #1) by Kristen Ciccarelli Read 1/2/18
A- Air Awakens (Air Awakens, #1) by Elise Kova Read 1/9/18

O- Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity, #2) by Victoria Schwab Read 1/8/18
R- Raisa in Shadowcaster (Shattered Realms, #2) by Cinda Williams Chima Read 1/17/18
G- George in Thunderlight (The Dragonian, #2) by Adrienne Woods Read 1/10/18
A- August Flynn in This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1) by Victoria Schwab Read 1/3/18
N- Nym in Storm Siren (Storm Siren, #1) by Mary Weber Read 1/23/18
A- Adrienne Woods Firebolt (The Dragonian, #1) by Adrienne Woods

message 8: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Elle wrote: "I figured The Force was alive and well even in the latest episodes. My mother's crush on Harrison Ford started with that movie and continues to this day. I wanted an R2D2 of my own. Still do."

I like BB-8. description

message 9: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (last edited Jan 03, 2018 06:14PM) (new)

Elite Praetorian Guards were awesome despite the fact that they are on the dark side. description

message 10: by Andy (new)

Andy Leigh wrote: "Elite Praetorian Guards were awesome despite the fact that they are on the dark side. "

That would've been a tough acronym! I was having a hard time with the "I" in Leia until I realized The Last Namsara series name was Iskari

message 11: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Andrea wrote: "Leigh wrote: "Elite Praetorian Guards were awesome despite the fact that they are on the dark side. "

That would've been a tough acronym! I was having a hard time with the "I" in Leia until I real..."

You are so right. Way too many letters.

message 12: by Elle (new)

Elle (elleay) | 140 comments Leigh wrote: "Elle wrote: "I figured The Force was alive and well even in the latest episodes. My mother's crush on Harrison Ford started with that movie and continues to this day. I wanted an R2D2 of my own. St..."

Yep, BB-8 is a cutie for sure, but since I haven't watched any of the movies he's in, my emotions haven't been engaged. Even if I do watch the movies with BB-8 and start to care, R2D2 will always have a special place in my heart. You know, first love and all that.

message 13: by Sheri, Bookworm (last edited Jan 05, 2018 08:58PM) (new)

Sheri | 12304 comments Mod
 photo star-wars-porg-101017.jpg

P -
O- Marked in Flesh (The Others #4)
R -
G - Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1)

message 14: by Andy (new)

Andy Finished! YAY :D

message 15: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Congrats Andrea!

message 16: by Elle (new)

Elle (elleay) | 140 comments Finished!

message 17: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Congrats Elle!