CMLE Reading Challenge discussion

Challenge Prompts > book set in a state you have not visited

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by CMLE Libraries (new)

CMLE Libraries | 29 comments Mod
if you have been to all 50 states in the US, choose a Canadian province

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Buechler | 10 comments All the Crooked Saints is set in Colorado. The book was fairly heavy on the magical realism, and arguably it really could have been set in just about any state without changing the story much at all.

message 3: by Annie (new)

Annie The Dream Thieves, set in Virginia.

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary | 34 comments Wickedly Spirited

This is a novella that is a "half" number in this series about the Baba Yagas in the US - told from the perspective of a teen apprentice. It's set in Wyoming, and I'm stunned to realize I haven't been there yet! (Adding it to my to-visit list!)

message 5: by Linda (new)

Linda (minnemom) | 14 comments Natchez Burning by Greg Iles. I'd driven through Mississippi once before, but started reading this just before we spent more time there this winter. The book is long, but provides a good perspective on the history and race relations in the area.

message 6: by Maria (new)

Maria Burnham | 9 comments The Stranger in the Woods: The Extraordinary Story of the Last True Hermit

I just finished this book. It takes place in Maine, a state I have yet to visit. It was a fascinating story of a man who lived in the woods of Maine for over twenty years. I highly recommend it!

message 7: by Aileen (last edited Mar 13, 2018 09:58AM) (new)

Aileen Swenson | 8 comments I just started reading Educated: A Memoir
which I've heard some rave reviews about. I'm only a couple chapters in, but so far it's very interesting.

I would also recommendThe Great Alone by Kristin Hannah. This one is set in Alaska but I've actually been there so I couldn't use it for this prompt. There are some similar themes in this fictional novel to what I'm reading so far in Educated.