Start by marking “All the Crooked Saints” as Want to Read:
All the Crooked Saints

All the Crooked Saints

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  13,764 ratings  ·  3,349 reviews
From bestselling author Maggie Stiefvater, a gripping tale of darkness, miracles, and family. Saints. Miracles. Family. Romance. Death. Redemption.

Here is a thing everyone wants: A miracle.

Here is a thing everyone fears:
What it takes to get one.

Any visitor to Bicho Raro, Colorado is likely to find a landscape of dark saints, forbidden love, scientific dreams, miracle-mad o
Published October 10th 2017 by Scholastic Press

To ask other readers questions about All the Crooked Saints, please sign up.
Marieke To be honest, I'd listen to this on audiobook if I were you! The start is really slow, but the audiobook pulled me right in and had me hooked from the…moreTo be honest, I'd listen to this on audiobook if I were you! The start is really slow, but the audiobook pulled me right in and had me hooked from the very first chapter. :) (less)

·  13,764 ratings  ·  3,349 reviews

شيماء ✨
I always have the same singular emotion whenever I’m reading a Stiefvater book and I still don’t know what it is. I guess her books just launch me into another dimension every single time and I don’t know what is going on planetarily right now but I need to lay in a flower field for like, ten years at least.

Tony said,“This is a madhouse!”
“The world’s a madhouse,” Padre Jiminez corrected. “This is a place to heal it.”

This book had such a soft atmosphere to it: soft music, soft characters, soft
Maggie Stiefvater
Jan 27, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
This book has owls and rock n' roll in it.
C.G. Drews
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well, I mean, OF COURSE I loved it. I'm an intensely wild fan of the way Stiefvater crafts and uses words and it makes writing reviews very very hard because HOW DO YOU WORD. However I will fully admit this is very different from her typical novels. I definitely didn't like it as much as The Raven Boys. (And The Scorpio Races is The Ultimate Honey Cake Of Them All™) but I also enjoyed All The Crooked Saints just for being different. It's whimsical and reads more like a mythological fairy tale an ...more
Melanie

ARC received via #arcsfortrade on Twitter!
(Thank you so much, Payton! ❤)

🦉📚✨: You can get All the Crooked Saints and more of Maggie's books signed from Fountain Bookstore!

🦉📖💗: And you can read Chapter One online for free Here!

This is the first Maggie Stiefvater book that I’m not giving five stars to, and it honestly hurts my heart to even write this review.

“You can hear a miracle a long way after dark.”

All the Crooked Saints is a story set in the 1960s and is about love, loss, hope, fear,
Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~
Actual Rating: 2.5 Stars

The Soria family have been courting miracles for years.

Wayward individuals find their way to the little town of Bicho Raro in search of a miracle that will change their lives, but the manifestations of these miracles are often not what they expect. Forbidden from interfering, the Sorias house these pilgrims until they can work through the curse of their darkness.

Needless to say, I had very high expectations for this novel. I am a big fan of Stiefvater's The Raven Cycle se
Melanie (TBR and Beyond)
Mar 26, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: tbr-ya
STOP with the rating books you haven't even read! You lose ALL credibility when you do so. If there is an issue with this book then discuss it in your REVIEW when you have actually read the thing.

Why is this a confusing concept?
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
"Bicho Raro was a place of strange miracles."

I am so grateful to have been given an ARC of this by my friend Julie! Thank you again!

The synopsis for this book sounded so good, and the cover is gorgeous, and there are owls, and I had to have it. I was not disappointed in the slightest.

✘ PLOT
In the desert of Colorado, there lives a family - the Sorias, who have been blessed with a generational ability to perform miracles. These miracles are unusual, though; they draw a person's darkness out of
Sana
Dec 05, 2017 marked it as to-read
Hi, my name is Sana. I am on page two. I am confused. Pray I make it through this entire book.
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I love you Maggie and most of the time, all of your books but this one wasn't for me 😕

Elise (TheBookishActress)
We almost always can point to that hundredth blow, but we don't always mark the ninety-nine other things that happen before we change.

In a small town in 1960s Colorado, a latinx family of saints performs miracles on pilgrims. But a Soria miracle can only be triggered; the second step of the miracle comes when the pilgrim learns to acknowledge their inner darkness and learn from it.

Maggie Stiefvater has a brand. If I were to define that brand, it would be in three things: 1) weird magical vib
Cesar
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars

“It is, after all, not the tasks people do but the things they do around the edges of them that reveal who they are.”

description

People, it has finally happened. I have read All the Crooked Saints and I have a lot to say about it.

But before I do, I want to address something. As many of you know, I had posted a ranty review on how I think people rating a book 1-star shouldn't do it if they haven't read the book. A lot of non-Mexican/Latinx people were saying how the book is problematic even though the
Emma
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love love loved this. As per usual with Maggie's books, it was full of magic and complex characters. There were some moments in the writing that took my breath away. I had to pause a couple times and reread certain passages. It was just so beautiful.
may ❀
Full review posted

I read the book and loved it so much and yet I understood exactly zero things and if you asked me to tell you what it was about I’d just sink to the floor and stare at the ceiling with blank eyes, bc HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN WHAT THIS BOOK IS

description

- I don’t have enough words or eloquence to describe this book and what it made me feel someone help me
- Maggie has this style of writing that’s incredibly dramatic like it doesn’t even make sense but it makes you feel things that you can’t name
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
Apr 27, 2017 marked it as never-ever-ever
It's no secret I love The Raven Boys and Scorpion Races with all my heart. That being said, I most likely will never read this book. Not because I think it's racist and offensive in any way, it just doesn't sound interesting to me. How about we all put our big girl panties on and try acting like adults?

Some dickhead flagged my prereview because It stated we shouldn't judge a book before we've actually read it? Meanwhile, GR has no problem people personally attacking each other, and rating books
Vanessa
This book can be summed up in a single word: magical. Because there are no other ways to describe it, or to define Maggie Stiefvater's writing. I'm not going to delve into the plot - being the novel this short, it's better to leave it vague - but you gotta know that All The Crooked Saints is about: saints and miracles, losing and finding yourself, owls and desert, music and darkness, supporting each other just as trying to heal yourself.
The characters are quite amazing - especially Marisita, Be
✨    jamieson   ✨
“Here's a thing everyone wanted: a miracle.
Here's a thing everyone feared: what it takes to get one.”

Nestled within the rolling desert hills of Colorado is the small town of Bicho Raro, a town that's neither here nor there but attracts visitors of the strangest kind. It's here Maggie Stiefvater sets her odd but charming, All The Crooked Saints, her first foray into fiction since The Raven Boys ended. The Raven Boys is a favourite of mine, and I wanted this one to be too. But I don't think Mag
Claudia Ramírez
OH, wow.

Este libro superó completamente mis expectativas.

La puntuación es realmente de 4.5 estrellas, y solo le quito ese .5 porque fue un libro que me hacía dormir cada vez que intentaba leerlo (?)... creo que las palabras de Maggie Stiefvater me arrullaban sin que me diera cuenta, entonces me tomó mucho tiempo terminarlo, ¡pero valió la pena! (De todos modos, no creo que este sea un libro para todos, solo basta ver la diversidad en opiniones que hay sobre éste).

Y la prosa de Maggie en el libr
Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen)
2.5 Stars

"Some feelings are rooted too strongly in the body to exist without it, and this one, desire, is one of them.”

Look, no one is more disappointed by this rating than me.
Maybe I'm biased, and maybe all of Stiefvater's works will live under a Raven-Boy shaped shadow in my mind-- but this felt like a lot of wasted potential.

This odd little book starts strong, introducing the Soria family and their homes in Bicho Raro, a place where miracles happen and you're inner darkness is personifi
Carolina Carriço
Mar 26, 2017 marked it as stand-alone-to-read
I'm so damn pissed at people for calling this problematic without even giving it a chance! Makes me so mad! I absolutely hate that people make these attacks on authors and think it's okay to do so, without even reading the damn book. That only makes it worse.

Would any of you look at a movie poster and judge it based purely on that? Or read someone's CV and decide if that person would be a good or bad friend?

If you answer yes, you seriously should think better about your life choices because tha
Simona Bartolotta
“The mare [...] was so mean that she even killed her own name, and now people just pointed to her.”

...

*embarrassed silence*

*crickets in the distance*

...

What the heck is that supposed to mean?

description

All the Crooked Saints is the most annoying book I have read this year and one of the most annoying I have read in my whole life. Maggie Stiefvater's books and I, after all, have always had what you call a love/hate relationship: I loved The Scorpio Races, viscerally hated Shiver, and I firmly believe The
Michael
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2017
That was truly beautiful.

There's this constant feeling that lingers over you while reading a Maggie Stiefvater book,
and part of that feeling is the knowledge that you're never going to read anything quite as enchanting as the words you're currently devouring. Only Maggie could write a scene consisting of nothing but an old man and a rooster in a greenhouse and have me captivated by every word.

This is an odd little book. Think Maggie's previous The Raven Cycle meets Miss Peregrine's. It's not lik
Maxwell
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, i-own-it, ya

I love this quote from Maggie Stiefvater's acknowledgements because it fits so well with a major idea in this novel—that often we don't know what's best for us, that we too often go looking for something that's right in front of our faces, that if we just stop and live we might uncover something greater than we ever could have anticipated.

It's no secret I love Stiefvater's storytelling. I fell in lov
Amy
Well that was a bit of a disappointment.
I wonder if people realize you can mark a book as "not interested" or "never ever" and express your discontent without marking a star rating...

Its almost like its, I don't know, irresponsible or asinine to rate a book no one has actually read.

jv poore
This story of the Soria family comes to you courtesy of quite the natty narrator. Conveyed in a quirky, yet compelling cadence, the tone is objective, but not unaffected. A twist on the third person point-of-view, presents a storyteller that isn’t simply reading the lines, but rather speaking with familiarity and fondness and perhaps, a hint of pride.

The small Colorado settlement of Bicho Raro is presently packed with pilgrims and the three young Soria cousins are puzzling over the predicament.
Nafeeza
Jun 03, 2017 marked it as to-read
As if meeting this writing goddess wasn't enough. I got a signed ARC of All the Crooked Saints! AHHHHH!!! *runs around flailing* *dies*

Kai
Oct 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
"Always take blame for your own actions but never take blame for someone else's."

3,5 Stars

All the Crooked Saints was overall a rest novel. That's because Maggie is an outstanding writer and immensely talented and creative as it is. Her characters are easy to fall for; they have depth and this air around them that makes us love them at once.
Maggie's imagination has no end. The miracles she created in this book are unique. Have you ever heard of a woman wearing a dress made up of living butterflie
Ashwood (애쉬 우드).
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unsurprisingly, I utterly and absolutely adored this book. Its quirky, and unique writing style made it intriguing and really easy to read.

The concept of facing your fears and conquering the darkness within you, was interesting and one that was amazingly executed.

“But we all have darkness inside us. It is just a question of how much of us is light as well.”

The characters were unique and fascinating in their own ways from the the girl scientist who never showed her emotions, the soft boy with
ELLIAS (elliasreads)
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"You can hear a miracle a long way after dark, even when you are dying."

so fucking beautiful. I love it so much.
I especially love the characters and how this isn't just about one particular story. It's not about a story that has a beginning or an ending; it's about the little stories, the ones that nobody knows about, that really matters.

It's like the certain lingering smell a person leaves after they're gone; something that stirs up a long forgotten memory into life again.

It was so beautif
Lia  (a paper pigeon)
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone with a heart

They say miracles don’t happen, and that’s true, to an extent.
However, in Bicho Raro, that’s something you’ll never hear anyone say.
From the dawn of time, the Soria family trades in miracles. For generations, the members of this extraordinary family, the Saints as the pilgrims call them, have helped people in need of redemption on the condition that they’ll never interfere with th
Izzy
You can hear a miracle a long way after dark.

4.5 stars, rounded up because yes i'm biased WHO CARES

this is a story about music, owls and miracles. in a teeny town in 1960s Colorado, there's a family of saints who will give you a miracle, if you ask for it. Daniel, Beatriz (my little sister's name!) and Joaquin are the three Soria cousins that we mainly follow throughout the book, accompanying them as they set up their pirate radion station and battle their inner darkness.

first off, this book,
  • Before the Devil Breaks You (The Diviners, #3)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • The White Road of The Moon
  • Unmade (The Lynburn Legacy, #3)
  • The Strange Maid (The United States of Asgard, #2)
  • The Road to Winter (Winter, #1)
  • White Night
  • The Place on Dalhousie
  • The Invisible Life of Addie La Rue
  • A Skinful of Shadows
  • Tess of the Road (Tess of the Road, #1)
  • The Foretelling of Georgie Spider (The Tribe, #3)
  • The Road Home (Echo Company, #5)
  • The Door That Led to Where
  • Deception So Deadly (Deception So, #1)
  • Lips Touch: Three Times
  • Fierce Fragile Hearts
  • The Secret Horses of Briar Hill
New York Times bestselling author of The Shiver Trilogy, The Raven Cycle, and The Scorpio Races. Artist. Driver of things with wheels. Avid reader.

All of Maggie Stiefvater's life decisions have been formed by a desire to leave a mark, resulting in spray-painted cars, sharpie-covered computer printers, ink-splattered walls, and stories told in books, in magazines, and on stages. Maggie Stiefvater l
“I was looking for a miracle, but I got a story instead, and sometimes those are the same thing.” 98 likes
“She had still been learning how to live with the hard truth that the most interesting parts of her thoughts usually got left behind when she tried to put them into words.” 68 likes