Goodreads Reviewers' Group discussion

Author Chat > Open for review of YA only please.

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Veevers | 12 comments Hi everyone my name is Lynn and I am an author and a reviewer! It is my off season for writing and so I am reviewing. I am looking for any YA Author who is wanting an honest descriptive review and rating. Please message me if you have a novel in need! I must stress it has to be YA and if not I can squeak in a NA but am very selective! I like Romance, Fantasy, Contemporary...pretty much everything but horror! Fantasy + Romance? Oh Give me! Give me!

message 2: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 14 comments Hi Lynn,

Below is pitch for my YA Sci-Fi/Fantasy book. I'm almost done. Let me know if it is something you would be interested in reviewing.
Thanks
Barbara

It's 2150 C.E. and the last two superpowers on earth are vying for dominance. Yet the mysterious death's, kidnappings, and bombings are being claimed by neither side. Hiding behind this struggle is a faceless enemy; watching, stalking, waiting for the right moment to invade the world.

Sixteen-year-old Fortuna Noble’s father is one of the missing. In her search for him, she befriends four unlikely allies from her future. Instead of finding her dad, she is confronted by something unworldly that could change the evolution of the human race. Together the five youth travel to 350 C.E. and are taken on an adrenaline expedition, where every step is a battle for survival.

This is the story of a girl whose way of life is stolen forever by a nameless enemy. Yet she must decide how that will change her. Along the way she discovers a person is not measured by if they fail but how they pick themselves up. And it doesn’t hurt to take a little help from some friends.

message 3: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Veevers | 12 comments Hi Barbra,
This sounds interesting :). When you say almost done, what exactly do you mean by that. Is this a published work?

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 14 comments Lynn wrote: "Hi Barbra,
This sounds interesting :). When you say almost done, what exactly do you mean by that. Is this a published work?"

Lynn wrote: "Hi Barbra,
This sounds interesting :). When you say almost done, what exactly do you mean by that. Is this a published work?"

Hi Lynn,
No it's not published. I'm hoping to circulate it to publishers this spring (2018.) Let me know if you're looking for published books only.
Thanks again,
Barbara

message 5: by L.C. (new)

L.C. Perry | 7 comments Lynn wrote: "Hi everyone my name is Lynn and I am an author and a reviewer! It is my off season for writing and so I am reviewing. I am looking for any YA Author who is wanting an honest descriptive review and ..."

Let me know if you're interested in reading a diverse, YA Dystopian novel, Gold Shadow :) I offer it in mobi and PDF

message 6: by Rachael (new)

Rachael Arsenault | 9 comments Hey Lynn,

I have two books in a YA supernatural fiction series available on Amazon. The first is Stranger & Stranger.

Stranger & Stranger (Duircean Trilogy, #1) by Rachael Arsenault
Ainslee Saunders goes through each day fearing the same thing all sixteen-year-olds fear: getting snatched by the fae. When her worst nightmare comes true, Ainslee is forced to live in the forest community of Duircean until she completes the change from human to faerie. Her life is already made stressful by culture shock, prejudiced humans, and jealous changelings, but things only get worse as she slowly discovers that her change is far from normal.

When her world is shook by an unexpected death and she has only herself to blame, Ainslee is forced to question if there's something more sinister about her unique change.

If you're interested, let me know! I can send you a PDF copy.

message 7: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Veevers | 12 comments Barbra,

:( Sadly I am looking for published pieces as I review for the readers benefit! It would be like a tease if I were to review a book that is not readily available to the public I am really sorry. When your book is published whether it is self published or traditionally I'd be happy to review! I am sorry it took so long to get back to you the holiday season was a whirlwind!

message 8: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Veevers | 12 comments L.C. Your book sound amazing and I would love the privilege to read it and feature it on my blog! Yes Yes Yes! I am sorry for the delay as said before my holiday season was Crazy! Here is the link to my blog to give you an idea of my bloggers voice and how I review!
https://lynnsbookreview.wordpress.com/

message 9: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Veevers | 12 comments Rachael,
After reading your blurb I am interested. But would like a little better idea, Do you have a Synopsis that I may request? Sorry about the delay to respond ...holidays were nuts!
Thanks

message 10: by L.C. (new)

L.C. Perry | 7 comments Lynn wrote: "L.C. Your book sound amazing and I would love the privilege to read it and feature it on my blog! Yes Yes Yes! I am sorry for the delay as said before my holiday season was Crazy! Here is the link ..."

Your blog looks great! Feel free to PM me with your email address and I can send you the format (mobi or PDF) of your choice :)

message 11: by Rich (new)

Rich Paz (rch1313) | 16 comments Hi Lynn. I am a Ya Dystopian and Sci-fi writer. Would like to know if anyone would be interested in reading my first book, Enoch and the Stars Above. Please let me know. I can send you the book for free. My email is richpazenglish@gmail.com http://amzn.to/2DlxBAf

message 12: by Emily (new)

Emily Uhlig | 1 comments Hi Lynn,
If you are still interested in reviewing YA I am looking for my first reviewer! I just recently self published. The Perfect Generation , https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077MPXMYM
Let me know! Thanks!
Emily

message 13: by Terri (last edited May 19, 2018 08:23PM) (new)

Terri Luckey (terriluckey) | 5 comments Hi Lynn. I have a new YA release out at Amazon that I'm seeking reviews for. If you're interested, I could send you a free copy. https://www.amazon.com/Fearless-Code-... You can contact me at www.terriluckey.com

message 14: by David (new)

David Patneaude | 13 comments Hi Lynn, if I've already contacted you, I apologize. I don't have any record of doing that but for some reason your name and post ring a bell. Anyway, my YA novel Fast Backward has just published (June 1) with Koehler Books. Here's a synopsis:

Fifteen-year-old Bobby Hastings witnesses an atomic explosion near a top secret New Mexico army base in July of 1945. Terrified, he soon heads off on his bike for home,only to encounter something that rivals the blast for drama. A girl his age stands naked at the side of the lonely desert road: underweight, unwell, and speaking with a German accent. In the coming days, she unveils an impossible story about time travel and a heartbreaking outcome of the war. She begs people to believe her warning and prevent the awful future she claims to know too well. But even if they do believe her, and the story is true, the biggest question remains: can history be undone?

The book has received strong reviews, but I'd like to add yours to the collection if you're interested. I could send it to you as a PDF.

Thank you!

message 15: by Cyana (last edited Jun 07, 2018 04:05AM) (new)

Cyana Scriptora (cscriptora) | 7 comments Hi Lynn,

I'm writing a YA trilogy about a young historian named Anna who gets sent back through time in order to help solve a murder mystery. This is not historical fiction. The world is completely made up. Picture an outlander/game of thrones hybrid suitable for teenagers. I utilize a multiple point of view style with flashbacks and dream sequences. If you are interested, you can find it on kindle for .99 cents. And the sequel is already published as well. Thank you for the opportunity. Book trailer can be found on this page. Happy Reading, Cyana.

Lady of Justicehttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...