What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The House of Power
This topic is about The House of Power
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA : 3-tiered planet(?) orbiting a dead planet (Fantasy (Sci-Fi?), Post-Apocalyptic). [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Levi (last edited Dec 26, 2017 12:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Levi (syntheticanimal) | 5 comments The world this is based on has three 'layers' (imagine a wedding cake) and either the middle (where most people lived) or the top one (where I think rich people lived) was called 'Tabletop'.

The rest of this description contains spoilers.

The main character practices climbing the cliffs between the middle and top and he notices that his handholds are getting lower - i.e. the layers are collapsing together.
I don't remember what happens next (he might have tried to warn people?) but the next I know is that he ends up on the bottom layer where there are some kind of monsters, and a man. I think he becomes injured (and blinded?) by one of the monsters so the man takes care of him and shows him the edge of the 'world' where he can see down to the 'dead' planet it is orbiting around (I'm assuming this was a post-apocalypse Earth).
Sometime later they find that the three tiers of the world have collapsed together so it is flat and the monsters are able to get to the people. I can't remember if I even got around to finishing it because I don't recall the resolution.

Any help is really appreciated!

message 2: by Mary (last edited Dec 26, 2017 12:40PM) (new)

Mary | 35 comments Is this it?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

The House of Power by Patrick Carman

Levi (syntheticanimal) | 5 comments Mary wrote: "Is this it?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

The House of Power by Patrick Carman"

That's the one! Thank you so much! I wasn't expecting a reply so fast...

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary | 35 comments You are welcome!