Review Group discussion

General discussion > Reviews on NetGalley

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hock (new)

Hock Tjoa (hockgtjoa) | 946 comments Mod
I am new to NetGalley and so far have only seen how to get books to review. I'm wondering if anyone has had a book reviewed by THEM.

Would love to hear about it.

Merry Christmas.

message 2: by Ariel (new)

Ariel C (missarielc) | 10 comments Setup fees are quite hefty when listing a book with NetGalley- in the region of $399/£300.
It's mainly used by the larger publishers and self-publishers with agents- those with the deepest pockets.

The author Luke Gracias (author of The Devil’s Prayer) wrote a blog post about his experiences as a self-published author who used NetGalley reviewers to review his book.
A summary of the blogpost is here: selfpublishingmagazine.co.uk/indie-au...

message 3: by G.J. (new)

G.J. Griffiths (gjgriffiths) | 572 comments Mod
Ariel wrote: "Setup fees are quite hefty when listing a book with NetGalley- in the region of $399/£300.
It's mainly used by the larger publishers and self-publishers with agents- those with the deepest pockets..."

Thanks for the link, Ariel. A fascinating article and potentially very useful of course. I'm going to look for some deeper pockets and something to jingle in them - apart from U know who's bells!

message 4: by Chris (new)

Chris Keaton | 76 comments Wouldn't that money be better spent on Kirkus reviews?