Love & Social Change discussion

My Mental Madness Memoir: The Provocative True Journey Through My Struggles with Mental Illness
This topic is about My Mental Madness Memoir
Books & Blogs by Group Members > Recovery and Resilience from Mental Illness

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Stephanie Allen (stephanieanneallen) | 5 comments Hello. This book provides inspiration and hope that recovery from mental illness is possible! It is about the author's intense struggles with severe mental illness and how she beat the odds by finding the courage, strength, faith, and hope to overcome it all! Definitely a must read for all!

message 2: by D.M. (new) - added it

D.M. Shiro (D_M_Shiro) | 5 comments I'm going to add this to my 'to-read' list. I didn't make a memoir, but since I lived with a parent with a personality disorder, I grew up with intense anxiety - which later developed into social anxiety, and after having children into agoraphobia - and depression. I've been dealing with anxiety since I was 3 years old, and with depression since 14. So it would be nice to finally find some true boundaries between these and my life. My writing for The Grate actually drew on my own experiences, which I felt would help people relate, but it was also my 'therapy' of sorts.

Thank you for the recommendation. I love Goodreads more and more each day.

message 3: by Janet (new) - added it

Janet Colbert | 19 comments STOPPNow: (Stop the Organized Pill Pushers) Now STOPPNow (Stop the Organized Pill Pushers) Now by Janet Colbert
In too many cases those suffering from mental illness also succumb to substance abuse. I am trying to put an end to the Opiate Epidemic. I founded STOPPNow due to the drug addicted babies I was caring for as a neonatal intensive care nurse. We are running out of foster care beds as so many children are removed from homes due to substance abuse. The drug companies have become very sucessful in blaming those that have become addicted to their highly addictive opiate, thus the Opiate Epidemic continues to escalate every year.

Stephanie Allen (stephanieanneallen) | 5 comments Stephanie wrote: "Hello. This book provides inspiration and hope that recovery from mental illness is possible! It is about the author's intense struggles with severe mental illness and how she beat the odds by find..."

Hello D.M.! I am hoping you will find my book interesting and beneficial like the other readers. I am sorry about situation. And I sincerely hope it gets better for you. Thank you for adding my book. That means a lot to me. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me anything. Have a good day my friend!
My Mental Madness Memoir: The Provocative True Journey Through My Struggles with Mental Illness

Stephanie Allen (stephanieanneallen) | 5 comments D.M. wrote: "I'm going to add this to my 'to-read' list. I didn't make a memoir, but since I lived with a parent with a personality disorder, I grew up with intense anxiety - which later developed into social a..."

Janet, I have added your book to my to read list. It sounds very interesting. And it is very "cool" that you were a nurse. I think you may find My Mental Madness Memoir interesting as well.

message 6: by Janet (new) - added it

Janet Colbert | 19 comments Stephanie wrote: "D.M. wrote: "I'm going to add this to my 'to-read' list. I didn't make a memoir, but since I lived with a parent with a personality disorder, I grew up with intense anxiety - which later developed ..."
Thank you Stephanie. The two are definetely entertwined. I will add your book to my list to read as well.

Stephanie Allen (stephanieanneallen) | 5 comments Janet! Thank u. I will review ur book. would u mind also reviewing mine? Thank u and good luck with ur anxiety. R u in treatment for that???