Start by marking “My Mental Madness Memoir: The Provocative True Journey Through My Struggles with Mental Illness” as Want to Read:

This chilling, shocking, intriguing, and powerful true story takes you deep into the mind of the author who suffers from several severe mental illnesses. The author describes in detail all the insanity, disturbing behaviors, oppressive symptoms, and various feelings associated with the mental battles within her own mind. This book is completely unique and one-of-a-kind. Th ...more
Published August 14th 2017 (first published August 13th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about My Mental Madness Memoir, please sign up.
Stephanie Allen Hello. How are you? I'm not quite sure what you are referring to when you say "studies".. R you talking about college or are you talking about book wr…moreHello. How are you? I'm not quite sure what you are referring to when you say "studies".. R you talking about college or are you talking about book writing?? No you are not being rude at all. Feel free to ask me anything at all! Have a great day!(less)

Start your review of My Mental Madness Memoir: The Provocative True Journey Through My Struggles with Mental Illness
Elyse  Walters
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
**SPOILERS** INCLUDED!!!!!

“My Mental Madness”, .....memoir,
by Stephanie Anne Allen, was seriously NOT-IN-ANY-SHAPE-OR-FORM-ENJOYABLE.... nor do I consider it to be a valuable book for anyone seeking *healing*. ( not that it states it is a self empowering read)...
It’s ‘clearly’ a memoir that some readers might find interesting or moving.

In Stephanie’s life journey, topics include challenges with the following:
...Schizophrenia disorder,
...Bipolar disorder
...Thought and mood disorder
...Borderl
Stephanie Allen
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: mental illness, mental health, psychology
Recommended to Stephanie by: me
Hello to all! I am Stephanie Anne Allen, author of My Mental Madness Memoir: The provocative TRUE journey through my struggles with mental illness. I wrote this book in an effort to bring awareness to all on the topic of mental illness and stop the terrible stigma associated with it. I dedicate this book to all my fellow mental illness survivors, their friends and families, and to all the mental health professionals that treat them.
My Mental Madness Memoir dives deep into the insanity of my min
Valerity (Val)

The author shares her experiences with severe mental illness in her life and the ways it affected her as she got into her teens and twenties going forward. A very moving story relating all of the frightening times she went through, not understanding what was happening to her or why her life kept falling apart. How she at last got things under control and made progress. A good read for memoir readers,
✨Sumi's Books✨
Aug 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Brutal...
Stephanie Ann Allen takes us on a journey through her life and the struggles that she has had with multiple mental illnesses in this memoir.
Let me start off by saying that I can relate to it all... the psychosis, the childhood bullying, not fitting in and feeling awkward, the alleged rape, the delusions, the weight gain, the depression, the self-mutilation, the suicide attempts, all of it. I have indeed been through it all as well. I will be candid here and say that I share some of the
Ruthy lavin
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Okay so this is a very personal book, written in memoir form, of one lady’s terrible and frightening life long battle with severe mental illness.
I am a sufferer of some forms of mental
Illness myself and I was able to minimally relate to some of it... However, this lady’s mental illness is just about the most severe I have ever read about, it was terrifying to read about and I wonder how on Earth she survived it at all.
I read it in one sitting.
I hope that Stephanie lives the rest of her life as
RM(Alwaysdaddygirl) Griffin (alwaysdaddyprincess)
Nail it!

This book is not for the faint of heart. It shows what it is like living with a mental illness. My Mental Madness Memoir: The provocative TRUE journey through my struggles with mental illness, by Stephanie Anne Allen, is a wonderful book for anyone who wants to learn what life is like with a mental illness. It can also educate people about what mental illness is and help to break the stigma associated with it. Lastly, this book is for those with a mental illness who are looking for folks
Kathryn Ann Collins
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I found this book very sad to see how mental illness can affect our lives. I suffer also but not to the degree described in this book. For people to understand mental illness they have to live it. Perhaps these people should all read this book.
Amazing brave author for sharing and thankyou. It was a real wake up call to the understanding of mental illness and a must for all to read
Lisa Zarcone
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a very raw look at mental illness and the true effects of this disease. I have to be honest I struggled through this book because of similarities between the author and my mother. My mom struggled with mental illness and this did give me another perspective of what her mindset was during those dark periods in her life. There is a lot of repetitive thoughts and actions throughout this book, which at times was stressful to read, but very necessary to get the true understanding of what ment ...more
Stephanie Allen
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
This is a very interesting and emotion provoking story that is brought to life by the narrator!
Tony Parsons
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Defiantly not for the faint of heart. A must read for all those in mental health.

The life/times of Stephanie Anne Allen & her lifetime struggles & some successful accomplishments with a mental illness.

I have 30 years in some sort of mental health last 10 in emergency service I have a real tough time that the professionals kept switching your diagnosis.

A huge shout out to Lorri Heneveld (narrator) I can only imagine.

Warning: This book contains extremely graphic adult content, violence, or exp
Warren Benton
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, audiobook
Mental health is a delicate thing.  This book was a very tough listen.  Not because it is poorly written, or badly narrated.  Allen goes through a lot.  From being overweight, highly intelligent, and social awkward she gets bullied a lot in school.  She struggles to ever truly fit in.  Allen is 1 of 5 children.  3 of the 5 all suffered at one point or another with some kind of mental instability.  As Allen got older she realized she was a lesbian.  She struggled in this arena also.  She tried to ...more
~☆starlight
I was given this book from Stephanie in exchange for a honest review so here goes;

I found this to be a challenging read, not because it is written badly or because I didn't like it, more because of the intense trauma Stephanie has been through. Having suffered most of my adult life with depression and anxiety I could relate to some aspects of this book and I agree that the stigma attached to mental illness needs to be addressed. The book is brutally honest provocative and heart breaking. To have
Petra Jacob
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
A heartbreaking and honest account of living with delusions and bipolar disorder. To write about such a personal subject, but still be able to admit your own mistakes is a rare gift and Allen does this unflinchingly.

MMMM is a raw and occasionally patchy exploration of life with mental illness. Not always polished, but constantly revealing. For anyone living with mental illness (or caring for someone suffering from mental illness) it is a useful glimpse into how illness can distort reality compl
theresa scott
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an inspirational story. I am a professional who works in the mental health field and I know that it takes incredible strength to develop the skills to live successfully with a serious mental illness. This story is a prime example of the strength those who struggle with mental illness often go through before accepting they have an illness and or have the ability to be successful in the community. I read these stories so that I may have a better understanding of what my clients are going thro ...more
Robin Anderson
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ahar
The author is brutally honest in her struggles with mental illness, sexual crisis, family dynamics and the demons that follow her. Her courage and conviction is commendable on many levels. This is a must read for, not only those chasing their own demons, but anyone looking for courage to live in the face of diversity.
Dawn
“The author suffers from clinical depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, and borderline personality disorder. She struggles with suicidal thoughts and attempts, self-mutilating behaviors, mania, paranoia, anxiety, and psychosis with intense hallucinations of all five of her senses, and multiple delusion, including the belief that she is the "second-coming of Christ.”

I’ll preface by saying that this was an interesting read. I found it difficult to read in regards t
Desiree reilly
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I RECEIVED THIS BOOK AS AUDIO ON THE 25 OF MAY AND LISTEN TO IT .THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME LISTEN TO IT
THE STORY IS HOW SHE WAS STRUGGLING GROWING UP IN FAMILY THAT HAD A LOT OF MEDICAL ISSUES AND THEN THE UPS AND DOWN SHE HAD GONE THROUGH.

HERE YOU GOT A GIRL WHO WENT TO SCHOOL SHE HAD OLDER BROTHER AND ONE SISTER OLDER THAN HER AND NO ONE EXPLAINED THE THINGS THAT GO ON WITH THE BODY CHANCING, YOU SEE SHE HAD GROW UP IN ADULT WORLD BUT NOT TO BE A KID LIKE SHE WANTED TO .

STEPHANIE WENT THROUGH H
Laura Marchildon
Mar 18, 2019 rated it liked it
A story of a woman's struggle with a serious mental illness and various physical ailments.

For as far back as Stephanie could remember she had always felt uncomfortable in her own skin. She had been an emotional roller coaster and struggled with her sexual orientation. Coming from a very strict family neither of these were topics that could be discussed so sadly Stephanie had to battle her demons on her own.

Her schizoaffective disorder raged on and she experienced dozens upon dozens of overlapp
Laura Marchildon

Cyndi Taylor
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Provocative and insightful

I enjoyed the honesty and candor the author used’ it had to take enormous courage to share her story with the world
Amanda Moyer
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved

I loved every moment of this book. I have bipolar disorder and I related to so much of this story.
Craig Steele.
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This work is just perfect. Thank you Stephanie for sharing your journey. I would like to see this memoir on the screen. Craig Steele.
Jesse
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thank you for writing this book. I know it couldn't have been easy but you've helped a lot of people going through difficult times. Seriously, thank you.
oscar smith
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The main character I liked.
Lisa
Jun 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Sad story and I feel terrible for the author Stephanie, and what she went through.
Cheryl Greenwald
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fighting our inner “madness”!

I see this book as offering an excellent understanding of what it is to go through mental health struggles. Ms. Allen’s descriptions and openness is so helpful to really see the complete picture about how we need to work 24/7 to be functioning at an acceptable level.
Martita
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The long and struggling journey of a young woman through mental illness. Interesting and inspiring. Never give up!
Robert
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sylvia Dominick
Feb 05, 2020 rated it liked it
This book is a difficult read for the majority of us and truly an eye opener. My empathy will remain with this young lady, and hope that God remains with her as her guide.
I do hope that she finds a good person to review her books, as there were many errors in wording.
Thanks for your honesty, Stephanie, and I wish nothing but the best for you from here on out! You have suffered enough throughout your lifetime!
Sally
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Incredible story!!

You won’t be able to put this book down! A realistic peek into the mind of an insane, delusional person. And a happy ending to a strong willed woman who overcame incredible odds. Thank you Stephanie for sharing your story.
Mental Illness Su...: MENTAL HEALTH RECOVERY BOOKS 2 28 Jul 27, 2019 02:40AM
Audio-Bibliophiles: MY MENTAL MADNESS MEMOIR 1 2 Jul 23, 2019 02:34PM
Inspiring Book Club: MY MENTAL MADNESS MEMOIR 1 9 Jul 23, 2019 02:29PM
Books Books And M...: MY MENTAL MADNESS MEMOIR 1 4 Jul 23, 2019 02:17PM
Success @ Life By...: MY MENTAL MADNESS MEMOIR 1 6 Jul 23, 2019 02:12PM
Autobiography/Bio...: MY MENTAL MADNESS MEMOIR 1 7 Jul 23, 2019 02:03PM
Memoir Authors: My Mental Madness Memoir 1 2 Jul 23, 2019 01:59PM

• Squirrelflight's Hope (Warriors Super Edition, #12)
  • Frozen Charlotte (Frozen Charlotte, #1)
  • Charlotte Says (Frozen Charlotte, #2)
  • My Life in a Cat House: True Tales of Love, Laughter, and Living with Five Felines
  • Hope Was Here
  • Elsie Mae Has Something to Say
  • We Are Witnesses: Five Diaries of Teenagers Who Died in the Holocaust
  • In An Instant
  • The Lightning Thief: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • The Girls with No Names
  • The Day that Changed Everything
  • The Man She Married
  • Heroine
  • The Secret Child (DI Amy Winter, #2)
  • Applebottom Magic
  • Dovetail
  • An Unquiet Mind: A Memoir of Moods and Madness
  • In Pillness and in Health: A Memoir
Stephanie Anne Allen is the quickly emerging mental health author who has inspired and encouraged many people worldwide.

She has written: