What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. About a 9 year old boy "who sees the world a little differently", diagnosed with macular degeneration, lives with his divorced mum (who runs a beauty salon in the outbuilding and is in debt), pet pig & Gran who is moved into an old age home. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lesley (new)

Lesley Webb | 2 comments I read this enchanting book earlier this year, want to add it to my bookshelf.
About a 9 year old boy'who sees the world a little differently' H 5th9e has been diagnosed with macular degeneration; he lives with his divorced mum, pet pig & Gran whom he loves dearly. She is his father's mother; she doesn't speak & sets the house alight. Mum runs a beauty salon in the outbuilding; she is in debt. When Gran sets the kitchen alight, she is packed off to an affordable old age home. Our 9 year old hero is convinced that the matron is evil and plans to get Gran home by Xmas. Grans biker nephew from Scotland pitches up & moves in....

message 3: by Lesley (new)

Lesley Webb | 2 comments Thats it! Thank you, Kym

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35179 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Lesley.

I added plot details to the topic header. This might help others looking for this book in the future.

message 5: by Kym (new)

Kym | 1058 comments You’re welcome Lesley.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

What Milo Saw (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Virginia Macgregor (other topics)