What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Tensy Farlow and the Home for Mislaid Children
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Childrens/YA about curly redhead baby who gets found and adopted but then separated from her father figure and put into a orphanage-type place? [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Grace (last edited Dec 21, 2017 03:33AM) (new)

Grace | 2 comments Does anyone know this children/YA book about a curly redhead girl who, once she was born, her mother abandoned her in the hospital because she was ugly or something. Then a guy crashes his truck in a river and finds the baby girl floating in a basket in the river. Then the guy decides to sort of adopt the girl and he becomes a sort of father figure to her as she grows up. Then one day she gets taken away to this orphanage (or home i don't really remember) because for some reason he can't take care of her??

She's in this orphanage-type place for a long time (years) and the orphanage place isn't a good one and the woman who runs it is really scary. The guy receives a letter that says the girl died and so he's rly upset and (obviously) thinks she's dead while she's in the orphanage. Then later down the track the father figure sees and approaches the girl but she doesn't really remember him too well (something to do with a bus??) so she screams or something. Eventually she remembers him and they reunite.. i think.

The cover has the girl (drawn) on it and the the background is all dark green like vines or something, there's also peoples faces in the green. I just remember the cover creeping me out a bit when i was younger. Also i'm pretty sure the girl's name is in the title.

Sorry this is really vague since I read it a while ago, but I would really appreciate it if anyone who might know the book could tell me what it's called.
Thanks.

message 2: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2501 comments Mod
Hi Grace, you said you read this a while ago, but can you give us a rough guess of what year that was? Or even a range of years. It will help us search.

message 3: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2501 comments Mod
Oh wait, I think I found it: Tensy Farlow and the Home for Mislaid Children

message 4: by Grace (new)

Grace | 2 comments Andria wrote: "Oh wait, I think I found it: Tensy Farlow and the Home for Mislaid Children"

Yes, that's it! Thank you so much!!

message 5: by Marsha (new)

Marsha (queenboadicea) | 74 comments Not Storks? :D