What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Calling (Endgame, #1)
This topic is about The Calling
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA or NA book, possibly dystopian, part of a series. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Henrik (new) - added it

Henrik | 3 comments So this is my first time on this site so tell me if I do anything wrong. English is not my first language so I might do some grammatical errors.

. I think this book was in a series and this particular book was the second or maybe third one. I think that the title of the book was just one word or something simple.

So the book that I want to fight is about humans. Special humans who are trained for a big thing. They are all pretty young, lets say somewhere around 16. They all come from like different factions. The world is not divided into factions, the factions are secret. The humans have trained all life for this fight and only one youngster from every faction can fight. I dont really remember why they fight but I think it had someting to do with the world's end. There are a lot of characters in the book and everyone has been born in different countries.

I remember that there was one guy who was really good with computers. You could say that he was a hacker. He had teamed up with another "fighter" or what you should call them but unfortunately she died. She died in the first book or second so I dont think that this is a spoiler. He was very sad about this and was thinking about her all the time.

Another character in the book was from India or atleast some country similiar to India. She was special because she had a baby. The baby had a big part in the story because I believe that the "fighters" tried to kill the baby. That was their goal or someting.

I remember a random part of the book when one character went to Las Vegas. I dont really remember why but I think he was going to meet someone there. And I believe that one character had a gps that tracked the other fighters.

There were a lot of other characters aswell, I think the two main ones was a boy and a girl that had teamed up. I dont know if anyone can understand what book this is but I give this site I try because I would like to read it again. This book is i a series and after I read it I noticed that it was not the first one, I would therefore read the first one too.
I am sorry if that was bad written.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Dec 20, 2017 04:22PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
Henrik--what language did you read this in? If not English, do you think that it was originally published in English, or has it been translated do you think?

How long ago did you read it? Are the "special humans" trained at schools, or by their particular faction?

Is it dystopian or perhaps apocalyptic? You said that the "factions" were hidden--are they paranormal or merely extremely intelligent/athletic factions?

I've gone in and done some work on your thread title, as many member's don't check out threads that are not in their interest genres or that don't have some kind of description of the book in them. If anything I put up in your thread title is wrong, please say so, and either I or one of the other mods will fix it.

Other than the few questions I've asked, you have done fairly well for a first time poster.

Jessica | 99 comments Maybe the Endgame series? The first book is The Calling.

message 4: by Henrik (new) - added it

Henrik | 3 comments Jessica wrote: "Maybe the Endgame series? The first book is The Calling." Omg I never thought that this forum would work! Thankyou!! I remember that it had something with game in the title. Now when I searched it up in google I see that you were correct! Thanks again!

message 5: by Henrik (new) - added it

Henrik | 3 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Henrik--what language did you read this in? If not English, do you think that it was originally published in English, or has it been translated do you think?

How long ago did you read it? Are the..."
I will remember to include this information in upcomin posts. Thankyou for fixing my title.

Jessica | 99 comments Glad to help!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Calling (other topics)