College Students! discussion

Reading Goals/ Challenges > FALL CHALLENGE?

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 4407 comments Mod
Is anybody interested in doing a fall challenge as a group? The summer challenge seemed to kinda flop..so I'm just wondering if there is interest in doing a fall challenge as a group. If not, I can direct those who want to do a challenge to a group that has a great challenge already.

If there is enough interest, we can start putting challenge ideas out there.

message 2: by Katerina (new)

Katerina | 252 comments I'd be IN. Maybe we could just have 2 challenges per year. Like a Fall/Winter challenge and a Spring/Summer challenge. That way there are some major holidays in there that would be good reading time and the challenge itself can be bigger with more options/challenges.

message 3: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

I think that is actually a really great idea!

Sarah (Mood Reader) (bookworm1887) I would be in! I would even be willing to write up the challenge!

message 5: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Great! Thanks for the offer..generally Lori and I are pretty ok with doing it ourselves..but if we need help..I'll let you know.

message 6: by Lynn (new)

Lynn I think having 2 challenges is a good idea. But I probably won't participate in the fall one just b/c I know I'll be busy so it'll take me awhile to get through a book. I really hit my stride with the summer one but Count of Monte Cristo slowed me down! haha. I am going to finish it... it's just taken a backseat for awhile.

Michelle (In Libris Veritas) (shadowrose) I would love to, hopefully the school year won't push my reading back. It shouldn't but you never know

message 8: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (thewolvessaid) I'd be in!

message 9: by Jess (new)

Jess I'd be in, too!

message 10: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
I am with Lynn, I got stuck on some books, and didn't get back to my challenge books until recently. I am doing better at it than I thought I would. :) A fall challenge is a great idea, it is usually spring ones that do me in.

message 11: by Erin (new)

Erin I'd be in!

message 12: by Anna (new)

Anna Shumaker (Annashu) I'd be in! I love the challenges because they help my list of books I want to read seem more manageable if I can fit them into the challenges, also I read books I might never have gotten around to (or been interested in). I do understand though that I'm no longer in school so I don't have a ton of required reading to get in the way. 2 challenges a year seems like a good idea.

message 13: by Justine (new)

Justine (paperbackheart) I'm in.

message 14: by Melissa (new)

Melissa  | 33 comments I'm in.

message 15: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 2140 comments I'm in!

message 16: by Melissa (new)

Melissa  | 33 comments It would be fun to do a book that a professor/teacher has recommended.

message 17: by Silvia (new)

Silvia (silverware) | 436 comments Im in too!

message 18: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Ok..well it seems as though alot of ppl are showing interest and hopefully other ppl will jump in.

So..I think that we will just be doing 2 challenges from now on. Fall/Winter & a Spring/Summer. It will give people more time to read. My other question is..do you think we need to make the challenge a little bigger this time? I know ours is WAY smaller than another challenge on this site..but since it was our first time we did it that way.. besides the fact we are busy college students. So maybe a challenge or 2 added to each point value? More than that? Keep it how it was?

Anyways..I'm going to go ahead and open a thread for suggestions..so keep them coming!

message 19: by Katerina (new)

Katerina | 252 comments I honestly think it should be a longer challenge..we have six months to do it..if you are doing September, October, November, December, January and Febuary for the Fall/Winter and then March, April, May, June, July,August, ...I think the challenge was a bit too small/not enough options for the first time around..this is just my opinion..but definitely if we are going to have six months it should be longer..that way people can have options and finish what point values they want..so maybe if ppl can't read a ton of books..they can at least do a few high point values.

message 20: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
The more the merrier! It will encourage more variety.

message 21: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

katerina..yes..that is the way we will break it up.

message 22: by Molly (new)

Molly (slinkyxo) | 153 comments I'd like to see more challenges as well. Not as many as in the TNBBC challenge but more than on our last challenge.

message 23: by Bree (new)

Bree (breezybaby) | 144 comments I didn't get to participate in the summer challenge but definitely plan to do this one. i took a look at the summer challenge..and I agree with Tami and other people..I'd like to see it a little longer. Not a huge daunting challenge but one with a ton of variety to fit my mood.

message 24: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (foshis) | 39 comments i just want to know how to cross things off.

message 25: by Gail (ADDgirl) (new)

Gail (ADDgirl) | 23 comments I only just joined the group yesterday, but looking over how the summer challenge went I would love to take part in a Fall challenge.

message 26: by Tahleen (new)

Tahleen Let's RUMBLE.

message 27: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (foshis) | 39 comments huh??? i dont know how tomake the arrows on the tab key to work

message 28: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

ahh I don't know why it all crossed off!! lol. oops..ok..right about the box where you type stuff in..it says "some html is ok"..it will show you how to do it.

message 29: by Krystel (new)

Krystel (kristilyzed) im in!

message 30: by Paulabits (new)

Paulabits i also joined the group yesterday so i'm just catching up with the "school year challenge" but i'm in!!!

message 31: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (foshis) | 39 comments i really dont get theschool year challenge.

message 32: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Ha yeah..the school year challenge was something we tried a long time ago..and have only kept open to keep things going for those who joined it a long time ago. It's pretty much obsolete. Try holding out until the Fall challenge which will be up within the next few days.