Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > Removing a book from a series

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 5 comments This book was listed as part of a series prior to being acquired for publication and is now a standalone. I am unable to remove the series name however. Any help? Link here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41655 comments Mod
Since this book was the only book in the series, that's easy enough. Series deleted.

message 3: by Georgeana (new)

Georgeana | 771 comments Also reverted some cover changes and ISBN/ASIN removals.

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 5 comments rivka wrote: "Since this book was the only book in the series, that's easy enough. Series deleted." Thanks!

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 5 comments Georgeana wrote: "Also reverted some cover changes and ISBN/ASIN removals." Thanks!

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 5 comments Lauren wrote: "Georgeana wrote: "Also reverted some cover changes and ISBN/ASIN removals." Thanks!" Hi Georgeana- I just looked at the change you made and this is actually not a published version of the book. It hasn't been published before and was shared for free and I'm trying to remove that version, or at least align it with the correct information since that is not available. It keeps reverting back to the old version though. Any way you can help?

message 7: by Georgeana (new)

Georgeana | 771 comments Changing covers and removing ISBNs is against GR policy. Since it has an ISBN it and was available for free, it would still count as published depending on how it was released. It also looks like this edition was imported and available on smashwords.

If a book was never available then the author needs to contact GR staff to have it removed, as librarians cannot do so and removing/changing information is against policy.

message 8: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 5 comments Georgeana wrote: "Changing covers and removing ISBNs is against GR policy. Since it has an ISBN it and was available for free, it would still count as published depending on how it was released. It also looks like t..."

Do you know where I can have the author do this? She had asked me as the publisher to update it, but I can have her reach out directly.

message 9: by Cal (new)

Cal (calastir) | 33 comments Lauren wrote: "Georgeana wrote: "Changing covers and removing ISBNs is against GR policy. Since it has an ISBN it and was available for free, it would still count as published depending on how it was released. It..."

You can contact them at support (at) goodreads (dot) com