Wanderlust Challenges discussion

Archive 2018 Misc Challenges > Interactive I Spy Cover Game #1

Comments Showing 1-50 of 104 (104 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Jan, Moderator (last edited Nov 30, 2017 07:49AM) (new)

Jan | 11219 comments Interactive I Spy Cover Game #1
October 23, 2017 to Completion

I loved playing "I Spy" in the car with my girls when we were traveling. It was a fun way to keep them occupied and engaged during long car trips.

For our version of I Spy we will be WORKING TOGETHER to find the items listed below on the cover of the books we are reading.

UPDATE: If you are STARTING a book with one of the items go ahead and CLAIM the item and then let us know when you have COMPLETED it. I would prefer you do not claim an item for a book you are not ready to start reading.

Once we have found all the items on this list a new I Spy list will be posted.

Challenge Rules: All forms of books are accepted as long as they are 100 pages or more. When posting updates of completed books, please include a link to the title and author’s name, along with the date you finished reading the book. Please post the cover for this one!!

Let's work together and find everything!!!

I Spy....

✔1. Horseshoe - Bev/Completed
✔2. Tablecloth - Connie/Completed
✔3. Airplane - Marina /Completed
✔4. Tombstone - Jillian/Completed
✔ 5. Teacup - Jackie/Completed
✔6. Chimney - Margo/Completed
✔7. Suitcase - Rosa/Completed
✔8. A Pair of Boots - Bev/Completed
✔9. Fan - Jillian/Completed
✔10. Ladder - Rosa/Completed
✔11. Ghost - Connie/Completed
✔12. Knife - Michelle/Completed

message 2: by Denise (last edited Oct 22, 2017 04:48PM) (new)

Denise | 2433 comments I'll be spying! Do I need a spot or just write when/if I find any?

message 3: by Jan, Moderator (last edited Oct 22, 2017 06:04PM) (new)

Jan | 11219 comments Denise....just post when you have finished a book with an item on the cover.

message 4: by Jillian (new)

Jillian | 1463 comments This one looks fun and challenging.

message 5: by Jackie (new)

Jackie | 105 comments I like this one.

message 6: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 11219 comments LOL ...fun but like Jillian said, challenging. I originally was going to do this as an individual challenge but today as I was posting it this little voice said, "interactive!!!"

message 7: by Connie N. (new)

Connie N. | 422 comments Should we "claim" our item before we read the book? Or do we wait until we've finished before we can post?

message 8: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 11219 comments I went back and forth with that question Connie. I just don't want books being claimed and not read because I don't want to hold off on starting the next set.

So if its going to get read within the next few weeks go ahead and claim it. If not, hold off until its completed. I will update the instructions...

message 9: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 11219 comments Posted an update to the game rules:

UPDATE: If you are STARTING a book with one of the items go ahead and CLAIM the item and then let us know when you have COMPLETED it. I would prefer you do not claim an item for a book you are not ready to start reading.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

oh oh oh I love I spy!! great idea :)

message 11: by Jillian (new)

Jillian | 1463 comments I'm about 30% into The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman The Graveyard Book/Neil Gaiman and it has what I'm thinking is a tombstone on the cover. If this works, I can claim.

4. Tombstone

message 12: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 11219 comments The tombstone is all yours Jillian!!

message 13: by Jackie (new)

Jackie | 105 comments Jan, if this qualifies as a teacup, I'm all set to read it.

A Cup of Cozy by Traci Tyne Hilton

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I could take the suitcase.

I need to read When in Bruges by Nic Saint shortly because I need it for several challenges

message 15: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 11219 comments Jackie wrote: "Jan, if this qualifies as a teacup, I'm all set to read it.

A Cup of Cozy by Traci Tyne Hilton"

Hmmmm...I would call that a coffee cup/mug. I'm going to say no to that one Jackie.

message 16: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 11219 comments Rosa wrote: "I could take the suitcase.

I need to read When in Bruges by Nic Saint shortly because I need it for several challenges"

That work Rosa!! I'll put down for it.

message 17: by Connie N. (last edited Oct 23, 2017 11:46AM) (new)

Connie N. | 422 comments My next book is set to be What's a Ghoul to Do? (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #1) by Victoria Laurie before I have to return it to the library,

There's a tiny ghost picture on her handbag. Or if that doesn't work, she's wearing a pair of boots. I can go either way.

message 18: by Barb (new)

Barb | 409 comments I think there's a tablecloth on the cover of The Secret, Book and Scone Society by Ellery Adams . (The orange fabric under the book, plate and coffee cup.) Will that work?

message 19: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 11219 comments Connie N. wrote: "My next book is set to be What's a Ghoul to Do? (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #1) by Victoria Laurie before I have to return it to the library,

There's a tiny ghost picture on her handbag. Or if that doesn't work, she's wearing a ..."

I'll take the ghost Connie! I'll put you down for that.

message 20: by Margo (new)

Margo I love the sound of this game. I'm not reading any suitable books at the moment but I will check back ;-)Song lines

message 21: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 11219 comments Barb wrote: "I think there's a tablecloth on the cover of The Secret, Book and Scone Society by Ellery Adams. (The orange fabric under the book, plate and coffee cup.) Will that work?"

Barb...when I enlarge it (confirmed on Amazon and Google) it looks like a wood table without a tablecloth.

message 22: by Jackie (new)

Jackie | 105 comments Jan wrote: "Jackie wrote: "Jan, if this qualifies as a teacup, I'm all set to read it.

A Cup of Cozy by Traci Tyne Hilton"

Hmmmm...I would call that a coffee cup/mug. I'm going to say no to that one Jackie."

I found another one. How about this for the teacup?

A Fatal Twist of Lemon (Wisteria Tearoom, #1) by Patrice Greenwood

message 23: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 11219 comments That's perfect Jackie! I will mark you down for it.

message 24: by Barb (new)

Barb | 409 comments Jan wrote: "when I enlarge it (confirmed on Amazon and Google) it looks like a wood table without a tablecloth."

Not a problem, Jan. I'll keep looking for other things on the list :)

message 25: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 11219 comments Thanks Barb!

message 26: by Marina H (new)

Marina H | 327 comments I'm reading the Danish translation of The Women in the Castle and there's an airplane on the cover Kvinderne på slottet by Jessica Shattuck

message 27: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 11219 comments That works Marina and its a great book too! I will mark you down for the airplane. Come back and let me know when you have finished it.

message 28: by Margo (new)

Margo Jan, I believe I have a chimney! Look closely Whiteout by Ken Follett by Ken Follett. I'm going to start it

message 29: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 11219 comments You sure do Margo!!! I will put you down for it. Pop back in and let me know when you have completed it.

message 30: by Jackie (last edited Oct 26, 2017 05:18AM) (new)

Jackie | 105 comments I have finished A Fatal Twist of Lemon (Wisteria Tearoom, #1) by Patrice Greenwood so you can show teacup as completed.

The book was a nice cozy mystery. Even though I figured out the guilty party, I am planning on reading the next book in the series. It was a 3.5 read which I rounded up to 4 stars.

message 31: by Barb (last edited Oct 26, 2017 07:25AM) (new)

Barb | 409 comments I have a book with a knife on the cover that I plan to read in the next couple of weeks, but if someone else finds one before I read my book, I won't be heartbroken. I'll let you decide if you want to "assign" it to me, Jan :)

The Look of Love (Wedding Cake Mystery, #2) by Mary Jane Clark

message 32: by Denise (new)

Denise | 2433 comments tea cups? why don't you have practical things like a body frozen in a huge block of ice *sniff* I'll get one someday or my name isn't Scarlett O'Hara!!!

message 33: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 11219 comments Denise wrote: "tea cups? why don't you have practical things like a body frozen in a huge block of ice *sniff* I'll get one someday or my name isn't Scarlett O'Hara!!!"

LOL

message 34: by Lena (new)

Lena (nlgmcr69) | 39 comments So far my covers have had nothing but people...but I am on the look out!

message 35: by Rue (new)

Rue S. | 1 comments tea cups? why don't you have practical things like a body frozen in a huge block of ice *sniff* Saw this comment from my mother on my feed which made me spit out my drink, and as a result I'm totally also joining this challenge!

message 36: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 11219 comments Welcome Rue!! If you are getting ready to start a book with one of the items in the first post let me know and I will mark you down for it.

message 37: by Denise (last edited Oct 27, 2017 01:37PM) (new)

Denise | 2433 comments Rue wrote: "tea cups? why don't you have practical things like a body frozen in a huge block of ice *sniff* Saw this comment from my mother on my feed which made me spit out my drink, and as a result I'm tota..."

Why are you following me? Oh fine, just be sure to follow the rules lol. oh dear now I have to watch what I say because my daughter is here. Hope you find a cover with one of these things on it. Good luck, hon!

message 38: by Jackie (last edited Oct 27, 2017 01:51PM) (new)

Jackie | 105 comments A Fatal Twist of Lemon (Wisteria Tearoom, #1) by Patrice Greenwood A Fatal Twist of Lemon by Patrice Greenwood

teacup

Finished reading on 10/26/2017.

message 39: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 11219 comments Thanks for the update Jackie!! We can cross one off the list :)

message 40: by Marina H (new)

Marina H | 327 comments Marina H wrote: "I'm reading the Danish translation of The Women in the Castle and there's an airplane on the cover Kvinderne på slottet by Jessica Shattuck"

I finished this one today.

message 41: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 11219 comments Appreciate the update Marina! I will marked the airplane as completed :)

message 42: by Margo (new)

Margo I finished Whiteout by Ken Follett last night so chimney is now complete. I'm just off to do the reveiw now but it was a washout :(

message 43: by Barb (last edited Oct 29, 2017 08:37AM) (new)

Barb | 409 comments Oh that's too bad, Margo. I read that book in my pre-GR days and remember really liking it.

message 44: by Jan, Moderator (last edited Oct 29, 2017 03:22PM) (new)

Jan | 11219 comments I will mark Chimney as completed Margo! Sorry you weren't thrilled with the book.

message 45: by Margo (new)

Margo Barb wrote: "Oh that's too bad, Margo. I read that book in my pre-GR days and remember really liking it."

I think a lot of my problem was that it was audio cds and the narration was v-e-r-y s-l-o-w :( It was annoying. I'm used to being able to set the speed to my liking.

message 46: by Barb (new)

Barb | 409 comments Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm ok with the speed of most audiobooks, but some of them really seem to drag on and on and on.

message 47: by Connie N. (last edited Oct 30, 2017 05:08AM) (new)

Connie N. | 422 comments You can mark ghost complete, Jan.

What's a Ghoul to Do? by Victoria Laurie - 10/29/17 ♥♥♥♥
What's a Ghoul to Do? (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #1) by Victoria Laurie

message 48: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 11219 comments Thanks for the update Connie!!

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

I feel so bad about not even having started my book yet! But it's the next on my list, I promise!

message 50: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 11219 comments No worries Rosa!!!

« previous 1 3