Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

For the Blogless > Eclectic reader - Liv

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liv (new)

Liv | 43 comments Frist time participating in a readathon. Excited to do it, though.
But I’m not alone. My sister is joining me. Whoop.
And all you guys out here as well. Good luck.

message 2: by Liv (new)

Liv | 43 comments 1. Belgium. Autumn is here, making it perfect reading weather.
2. Ransom Riggs - Lost souls. I think.
3. Cheesecrackers. 😋
4. My sister got me involved and I would like to thank her. She’s the best.
5. First timer and curious as to how long I can keep going and how much Reading I’ll get done.

message 3: by Y (new)

Y | 8 comments Liv wrote: "1. Belgium. Autumn is here, making it perfect reading weather.
2. Ransom Riggs - Lost souls. I think.
3. Cheesecrackers. 😋
4. My sister got me involved and I would like to thank her. She’s the best..."

You are welcome my dear, x

message 4: by Aya (new)

Aya (ayako_sato) | 59 comments Good luck & happy reading :)

Colona Public Library (colonapubliclibrary) | 197 comments How cool! I love the readathon and see what everyone is reading. Happy Reading! ~Ashley

message 6: by Liv (new)

Liv | 43 comments I’m a slow reader. Still have about 90 pages to go. And al going to try and finish them. Then I’ve read Library of souls nu Ransom Riggs.

1. Between hour 11 and hour 12. Here that would be between 2 and 3 in the morning. That’s when I decided to go to sleep. ☺️

2. Just the one. Library of souls nu Ransom Riggs.

3. Anything you can sink your teeth into. If you want to know how the story ends you’ll keep reading.

4. A live chat? So we could encourage each other in real time.

5. Hell yes, would love to participatie again. This was my first time and really enjoyed it.

message 7: by Aya (new)

Aya (ayako_sato) | 59 comments See you in April!

message 8: by Liv (new)

Liv | 43 comments Getting ready for today. Looking forward to it.

message 9: by Liv (new)

Liv | 43 comments Stack at the ready. Let's go! 😊

message 10: by Liv (new)

Liv | 43 comments Finished a book. Whoop!

message 11: by Liv (new)

Liv | 43 comments A few more hours to go.

message 12: by Liv (new)

Liv | 43 comments Closing Survey
1. Hour 11. to late to keep the eyes open.
2. Read one. Janet Evanovich - Curious minds. Started in Wonder Woman-Warbringer.
3. Not to heavy a read. So you can get through it without struggle.
4. Read out loud sessions? Is that possible?
5. Count me in next time. no promisses on volunteering, but I'll think avout it.
Thanks for everything. It's been a blast.

message 13: by Liv (new)

Liv | 43 comments And we are back for the october readathon. First break and loving the ‘all about the bass’ parodie!

message 14: by SadieReadsAgain (new)

SadieReadsAgain (sadiestartsagain) | 133 comments Hope there are snacks for your break! I forgot to stock up...

message 15: by Liv (new)

Liv | 43 comments Hard some potatochips and finished a book . Childeren’s book. But non the less, il feels good.

message 16: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 862 comments Liv wrote: "And we are back for the october readathon. First break and loving the ‘all about the bass’ parodie!"

Good luck Liv & happy readathoning!

message 17: by Liv (new)

Liv | 43 comments Thanks Susy, a few more hours to go. Good luck to you to!

message 18: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 862 comments Liv wrote: "Thanks Susy, a few more hours to go. Good luck to you to!"

Thx!

Again I spent too much time on social media. Only got 12h09 in, half an hour less than last time...

How about you?

message 19: by Liv (new)

Liv | 43 comments Ready again. Starting a little late. But ready! Let’s go.

message 20: by Liv (new)

Liv | 43 comments Had a few good hours read. And still feel like going. Its a littepast 6 pm here and enjoying my book...by joanne Haris. Hope everyone is enoying their read.

message 21: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 862 comments Happy readathon to you too Liv!

message 22: by Cynda (new)

Cynda | 486 comments Liv, glad you have had a good sit-down-and-read time. When my co-mod hour is up in about 30 minutes. I will b.f e focusing and enjoying. Have Fun :-)

message 23: by Liv (new)

Liv | 43 comments @susy Hope the sun is shining where you are ;-)

@cynda Just a little while longer and you can indulge as well. Feels like stealing time to just read like this. But how much fun is it to lose yourself. True escapism.

message 24: by SadieReadsAgain (new)

SadieReadsAgain (sadiestartsagain) | 133 comments You're so right, readathons feel really indulgent. I think we all deserve a bit of that in our lives.

message 25: by Aya (new)

Aya (ayako_sato) | 59 comments Hi Liv,
Hope you had a great readathon.
I couldn't get to any reading yesterday so I'm starting now. Better late than never! :)

message 26: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 862 comments Liv wrote: "@susy Hope the sun is shining where you are ;-).."

Yes, I had 2 lovely sunny days. Today also but apparently from tomorrow on we’re going to have nothing but rain :(

message 27: by Liv (new)

Liv | 43 comments The sun is out. As is my stack of books, so lets get ready to read. Enjoy everyone!

message 28: by Liv (new)

Liv | 43 comments Only 50 pages away from finishing my book. Thinking about dinner and then thinking about my next book…. But first, 50 more pages…

message 29: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 862 comments Liv wrote: "Only 50 pages away from finishing my book. Thinking about dinner and then thinking about my next book…. But first, 50 more pages…"

Nice going, Liv!