Clean Reads discussion

Clean Reads Book Club > Recommendations?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joel (new)

Joel (sundavrgarm) | 8 comments Any recommendations for clean fantasy or sci-fi? (besides Asimov, Tolkien, Sanderson, Meyer and Brooks) Can be categorized as adult or YA.

message 2: by C. (last edited Oct 22, 2017 05:56AM) (new)

C. | 297 comments House of Dark Shadows(Dreamhouse Kings #1)YA>Action & Adventure>Science Fiction & Fantasy>Horror~ House of Dark Shadows (Dreamhouse Kings, #1) by Robert Liparulo

Edgewood(Edgewood #1)YA>Fantasy>Paranormal>Science Fiction>Urban Fantasy> Mysteries & Thrillers ~ Edgewood (Edgewood, #1) by Karen McQuestion

Seabound(Seabound Chronicles #1)YA>Science Fiction>Apocalyptic>Post Apocalyptic>Action & Adventure>Survival Stories
Seabound (Seabound Chronicles, #1) by Jordan Rivet

Land(Stranded #1)YA>Science Fiction & Fantasy>Apocalyptic>Post Apocalyptic~
Land (Stranded #1) by Theresa Shaver

message 3: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina Michel | 25 comments C, without asking you to explain all the plots to me, can you just briefly touch on what type of genre this series, could be classified as (if any) ? Fantasy ? A family story ? A saga ? I'm looking for a great saga to read, but I'm not always interested in every single type of literary genre. Thanks so much for enlightening me a little ! xxx :)

message 4: by C. (new)

C. | 297 comments Re: Sabrina, I edited my above post to include the genres. You would get a better idea if you go to each book's book page and read the synopsis. :D

message 5: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina Michel | 25 comments Oh, OK C, will do. Thanks for explaining that to me . Happy Reading .

message 6: by C. (new)

C. | 297 comments You are most welcome Sabrina, BTW for a great family saga, I believe The Dreamhouse Kings series would definitely fit that bill.

message 7: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina Michel | 25 comments Well, C, thanks very much for the tip, I'll certainly look into it. If I end up really liking it, I'll let you know what I thought and thank you again.

message 8: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina Michel | 25 comments PS - A big "Thank You " to you C.

message 9: by C. (new)

C. | 297 comments Sabrina wrote: "PS - A big "Thank You " to you C."

You are very welcome, Sabrina. I hope you really enjoy them.

message 10: by Kadi (new)

Kadi | 2 comments Brandon Sanderson is a fantastic fantasy writer of clean books but with a great plot. I am listening to a book of his right now on audible called " The Way of Kings." SO far I love it and I have heard ALL of his books are incredible. Check out his website and he will give you an overview of his books and where to start. brandonsanderson.com

message 11: by Joel (new)

Joel (sundavrgarm) | 8 comments Actually mentioned him as one of my favorites, so yeah, I agree XD

FYI, Warbreaker is free on his website and if you sign up for his newsletter you get White Sand for free as a Word document.

message 12: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandalyn) | 95 comments Have you read Megan Whalen Turner?

message 13: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandalyn) | 95 comments Her Queens Thief series is perfection!