ARCs Anonymous discussion

Monthly ARC Motivation > Your Reading Scores! YES, we get scores.

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Evelina | AvalinahsBooks (last edited Oct 12, 2017 11:22AM) (new)

Evelina | AvalinahsBooks (avalinahsbooks) | 219 comments Mod
So I've been thinking of ways to motivate you to read your ARCs more!
(...okay, so, and myself too xD)

Basically, we're going to get scores for doing things! At the end of the month we can make a scoreboard and celebrate how well we did 🎉

How we score:
50 points for finishing an ARC that was in topic
10 points for finishing any ARC
10 more points if the finished ARC was at least a year old
50 points for not requesting a single ARC for THE ENTIRE MONTH
10 points for not requesting anything for a week
5 points for posting an update on what your book is about in our discussion topics
5 points for sharing your review (link) with us of the theme book
5 points for starting a theme ARC (even if you won't finish it!)

If you have any further ideas on how what else could be scored, just suggest 😊 we can all score ourselves in a special thread for each month. You can find October's thread here.

Samantha (WLABB) (samanthawlabb) This is impressive, and I was just happy I got my percentage up in NG =)

Sam wrote: "This is impressive, and I was just happy I got my percentage up in NG =)"

Glad you like it :) what's your percentage? Mine can't seem to rise above ~41% 😂

Samantha (WLABB) (samanthawlabb) Evelina | AvalinahsBooks wrote: "Sam wrote: "This is impressive, and I was just happy I got my percentage up in NG =)"

Glad you like it :) what's your percentage? Mine can't seem to rise above ~41% 😂"

I was back up to 80%, but it's worse on EW, because I get mass approvals on there. Just got 9 ARCs the other day.

message 5: by Sheila (new)

Sheila G (foalsfictionandfiligrere) This is a great idea, Evelina!

Sam - Spines in a Line (spinesinaline) | 10 comments Well I already failed the 'not requesting an ARC this month' but this looks like fun!

message 7: by Bethan (new)

Bethan Hindmarch (bethanmay) | 14 comments This sounds like a lot more maths than I was expecting 😂😂😂
Seriously though, fantastic idea!

Sam, you can still get points for not requesting for a week or two weeks 😃 I'm glad you like the idea!

Samantha (WLABB) (samanthawlabb) Yeah, I am addicted to requesting ARCs. I got 15 approvals this week. BUT almost all are 2018 books.

message 10: by Marta (new)

Marta Pascual Perez (martapasperez) | 21 comments Sam wrote: "Yeah, I am addicted to requesting ARCs. I got 15 approvals this week. BUT almost all are 2018 books."

Requesting for ARCs is like going book shopping, once you enter the book store you cannot leave without a to of books :)

I actually went into NetGalley today to post a review, saw some nice books, read the descriptions, AND DID NOT REQUEST! Yay me!! 😂

message 12: by Samantha (WLABB) (new)

Samantha (WLABB) (samanthawlabb) Evelina | AvalinahsBooks wrote: "I actually went into NetGalley today to post a review, saw some nice books, read the descriptions, AND DID NOT REQUEST! Yay me!! 😂"
You have amazing powers. I can't resist. I always request thinking I won't get them, but then I get almost all of them. There are few publishers that I know won't approve me, but I have been lucky.

message 13: by Marta (new)

Marta Pascual Perez (martapasperez) | 21 comments Evelina | AvalinahsBooks wrote: "I actually went into NetGalley today to post a review, saw some nice books, read the descriptions, AND DID NOT REQUEST! Yay me!! 😂"

Yey!! You manage!! Is it Step 1 in the way of curing the addiction?

They often don't approve me because I'm international xD hey, maybe that's actually a good thing?? :D
Marta, I think that is truly Step 1 :D

message 15: by Anne (new)

Anne Logan | 4 comments Yes! I think I'm going to clean up this month :)

message 16: by Samantha (WLABB) (new)

Samantha (WLABB) (samanthawlabb) I think I earned 285. 17 ARCs = 170, 2 in topic = 100, posting an update = 5, posting the review link = 10. Not too bad

Not too bad at all! I don't think I've even reached 100, you are all totally kicking my butt 😂