ARCs Anonymous discussion

ARCtober (...you get it) > Keep your Creeptober score here

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Evelina | AvalinahsBooks (last edited Oct 12, 2017 11:23AM) (new)

Evelina | AvalinahsBooks (avalinahsbooks) | 219 comments Mod
We keep our scores here so we wouldn't forget. Say, you finish a book that was a theme ARC - then you come to this thread and say:

"My current score is XX for finishing X book for Y theme. I have also scored X points because it was an old ARC. This puts my score at a total of XX."

Think of it as a notepad so we won't lose track!

I would present an example for you, but I have yet to earn ANY score xD

You can see what actions are worth what scores on this thread.

message 2: by Sheila (last edited Oct 12, 2017 09:09PM) (new)

Sheila G (foalsfictionandfiligrere) Okey dokey! I'm going to get this started, so I can keep track as I go along! Otherwise, I'll forget what I've posted and not posted later on.

AS OF 10/12/17:

100 points for finishing 2 reads within ARC monthly topic
40 points for finishing 4 other ARCs outside of topic
20 points for 4 about posts giving a synopsis of each book
10 points for 2 review link shared with the group

CURRENT TOTAL: 170 points

Hopefully, I tallied everything correctly! I'm assuming that finishing an ARC topic read does not fall under the "finish any ARC" category since it has its own...if it does, then my total would be 190 points.

message 3: by Evelina | AvalinahsBooks (last edited Oct 13, 2017 05:22AM) (new)

You are ON A ROLL 😱 wow! I'm not sure I understand your question, but I think you did the math correctly 😊

message 4: by Sheila (new)

Sheila G (foalsfictionandfiligrere) Evelina | AvalinahsBooks wrote: "You are ON A ROLL 😱 wow! I'm not sure I understand your question, but I think you did the math correctly 😊"

Lol, Ok. I'll keep adding from the current score. :D

message 5: by Bethan (new)

Bethan Hindmarch (bethanmay) | 14 comments Me - scores! What a fab idea! I'm going to get loads of points because Ive stopped requesting on netgalley and this'll be so easy

LITERALLY 5 HOURS LATER

Oh hai your book sounds awesome gimme please thank you much??

message 6: by Marta (new)

Marta Pascual Perez (martapasperez) | 21 comments So I have 55 points so far:
-50 for finishing the ARC I choose.
-5 for sharing my review

Bethan, that was hilarious 😂 well, I've just started mine and I've posted a post about it here in the group before, so I have a whopping 10 points now 😂😂😂

message 8: by Marta (new)

Marta Pascual Perez (martapasperez) | 21 comments So I have finished an ARC that fits on the topic even when I didn't know so my current score is:
55 point that I had
-50 for finishing Follow Me Back
-10 for not requesting anything for a week.
Total Current Score: 115 points

message 9: by Grace (new)

Grace (turnspageslowly) | 13 comments Now that I’ve completed my ARC for this months theme, I have 60 points!

— 50 points for completing a theme book
— 5 points for posting my review
— 5 points for one post in the discussion topics

I will forever be guilty of requesting more ARCs, even when I promise myself I’m “only looking for just a second”. 😓

So I have 70 points now, yay! I am obviously not going to catch up with you girls, but I'm still super proud, especially because that ARC was a year old and also it turned out to be really good! Don't know when I'll review it though, no more slots on the blog xD

Marta, you are also on a roll, congrats!
Grace, you also get 5 points for starting a theme book in the first place! So you have 65 :)

message 11: by Marta (new)

Marta Pascual Perez (martapasperez) | 21 comments So basically I am on fire and I finished another ARC, but it doesn't fit on the topic son is just +10 for me. I don't share my review as the book is only written in Spanish as so is my review. So far my total score is 165 points.

message 12: by Marta (new)

Marta Pascual Perez (martapasperez) | 21 comments my socre is 125 (some day in the future I will learn how to write)

message 13: by USOM (new)

USOM (utopia-state-of-mind) As of 10/17/2017
I have read:
2 Creeptober - 100
10 Non - 100

TOTAL: 200

You read 12 ARCs this month? :0 wow! We are only counting ARCs, not regular books. Saying just in case :D
I have only read like 4 books T_T time.... grrr

message 15: by Sheila (last edited Oct 19, 2017 09:46AM) (new)

Sheila G (foalsfictionandfiligrere) As of 10/17/17: I was at 190 points, but I finished reading another ARC (not theme related), so I'm now at 200 points.

Further Update:

10 points for not requesting arcs for one week
5 points for starting a themed book (The Ninth Circle, Book 1: Fire)
5 points for giving a synopsis of the book in the conversation thread for The Ninth Circle, Book 1: Fire

Current total 220 points

Update 10/19/17 My mistake, NOW I haven't requested ARCs for a week, so now my current total is 220 points.

message 16: by Lauren (last edited Oct 25, 2017 03:40AM) (new)

Lauren (Northern Plunder) (northernplunder) As of 19/10/2017:
- 50 points for finished an ARC that was in topic: i finished TSIYH it was ok
- 20 points for finishing any ARC: Lighter Than My Shadow + Carnivore: The most controversial debut literary thriller of 2017
- 30 points for not requesting anything for a week: I lasted 24 days.
- 15 points for posting an update on what your book is: [1 | 2 | 3 ]
- 10 points for starting a theme ARC: There's Someone Inside Your House which is horror and Blackbird which isn't a horror but I'm thinking it maybe counts as its a mystery about a missing sister? and tonnes of mysterious blackbirds?

Current total: 125

message 17: by Marta (new)

Marta Pascual Perez (martapasperez) | 21 comments Hii!
So I have finished an other ARC, and for now I will be reading a couple of regular books.
My current score is 145 because in addition to my previous updates :
-I have finished an ARC. 10 points as it was not related to the topic.
-I have intervened twice in the discussion topic. 10 points.
Good luck with your reading!!

I can't believe I am the group leader and I have the least amount of points xD !!! I have 80 mow, cause I resisted requesting the week before. But not last week! Grah.

message 19: by Grace (new)

Grace (turnspageslowly) | 13 comments So I had 65 points earlier this month. I've completed two more ARCs, one of which actually fit with the theme of Creeptober, adding 50 points for one and 10 points for the other, bringing my total to 125. I also shared my two reviews of these books, which I completely recommend, so that adds 5 points for each review.

I believe my final score is up to 135. :)

message 20: by Sheila (last edited Oct 27, 2017 07:57PM) (new)

Sheila G (foalsfictionandfiligrere) As of 10/23/17:

50 points for finishing ARC in topic: The Ninth Circle, Book 1: Fire
5 points for sharing review of The Ninth Circle, Book 1: Fire
5 points for starting a theme ARC: James: Witch-Hunter

Current total: 280 points

message 21: by Marta (new)

Marta Pascual Perez (martapasperez) | 21 comments I have finished another ARC that was on topic so +50 for me. I have 195 points in total 😀😀

Sam - Spines in a Line (spinesinaline) | 10 comments Not able to get to any ARCs this month but my current score is 30 I think because 3 weeks without requesting any books!

message 23: by Sheila (last edited Oct 27, 2017 09:17PM) (new)

Sheila G (foalsfictionandfiligrere) As of 10/27/17:

10 points for not requesting any ARCs for a second week in a row! (WHOOHOO!)
50 points for finishing an ARC in topic: James: Witch-Hunter
5 points for sharing my review for James: Witch-Hunter
20 points for finishing any ARC, two total: By Light of Hidden Candles and a sample of Children of Blood and Bone from Netgalley.
5 points for starting a theme ARC: The Shadow Rises

Current total: 360 points

Yay I finished one more book, didn't request and it was a super old one, so putting all that together I now have 165!!! I'll never catch you all, but I'm still super happy about my results 🎉

Wow, so I finished that other book last today and that gives me another 75 points. Which puts me at 240!

message 26: by Sheila (new)

Sheila G (foalsfictionandfiligrere) Evelina | AvalinahsBooks wrote: "Wow, so I finished that other book last today and that gives me another 75 points. Which puts me at 240!"

Great job, Evelina!

Thanks! Can't wait for next month's theme because I seem to have run out of October theme ARCs :D

message 28: by Sheila (new)

Sheila G (foalsfictionandfiligrere) As of 10/29/17

50 points for finishing one ARC within theme The Shadow Rises - review will be posted and shared shortly.

Current Total: 410 points

message 29: by Lauren (last edited Oct 31, 2017 06:29AM) (new)

Lauren (Northern Plunder) (northernplunder) Final update on31/10/2017:
- 50 points for finished an ARC that was in topic: i finished TSIYH it was ok
- 20 points for finishing any ARC: Lighter Than My Shadow + Carnivore: The most controversial debut literary thriller of 2017
- 30 points for not requesting anything for a week: I lasted 24 days.
- 20 points for posting an update on what your book is: [1 | 2 | 3 | 4 ]
- 10 points for sharing you review link: [ 1 | 2]
- 10 points for starting a theme ARC: Blackbird which isn't a horror but I'm thinking it maybe counts as its a mystery about a missing sister? and tonnes of mysterious blackbirds? eh I DNF'd it. But also Stake Sauce, Arc 1: The Secret Ingredient Is Love. No, Really which I'm loving and is out today.

Current total: 140

Let's say it counts :) good job!

message 31: by Amy (new)

Amy Lou (burstnwithbooks) | 1 comments AHHH I actually did kind of decently! XD For all of October:
- 20 points for finishing any ARC: The Graces & Girl Out of Water
- 20 points for both of those ARCs being over a year old
- 50 points for not requesting any books during the month
That's a total of 90 points! Not bad, eh? ;-)

message 32: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) I did ok, hoping to do better at staying on theme in November.

50 points for finishing an ARC that was in topic: Twisted Truth

80 points for finishing any ARC: Christmastime Cowboy, Cowboy Christmas Blues, The Scandalous Flirt, Disney Manga: Tim Burton's the Nightmare Before Christmas, The Little Red Wolf, The Bride Who Got Lucky, Taking a Chance & Romancing the Scot

30 points for not requesting anything for 3 weeks

Total: 160 points!

Hey, I think The Nightmare Before Christmas should also count for the theme :) isn't it about Halloween town?