What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Worldshaker (Worldshaker, #1)
This topic is about Worldshaker
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Steampunk Ship Book. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Luke (new) - added it

Luke Sky | 2 comments I can't remember the name of a book I read in high school. It was between 2011-2014 that I read the book. It is about steampunk ship that has a caste system of its residents. The main male character is the son or grandson of the ship's captain and is in the upper class. The lower down in the ship they go is the lower class workers. A girl that has a name that I think starts with "r" is a part of the lower class and is running from the ship guards and hides in the main character's room. The main character begins to teach the girl how to read as reading is for the upper class. The cover of the book is a large ship and the name is the ship's name I think.

message 2: by Annamariah (new)

Annamariah | 283 comments I did some googling and found Worldshaker by Richard Harland. The synopsis sounds promising:

"Col is a wealthy child of privilege. Raised to succeed his grandfather as the Supreme Commander of the juggernaut Worldshaker, he has lived a pampered life on the Upper Decks. He has never questioned his place in the world or his bright and illustrious future. But when a Filthy girl stows away in his cabin, suddenly nothing is clear anymore. Quick and clever, Riff is nothing like the Filthies that Col always learned about—the dumb, slow, less-than-human folk who toil away Below, keeping Worldshaker moving. Filthies are supposed to be animal-like, without the power of speech or the ability to think for themselves—but Riff is clever and quick and outspoken, and Col is drawn to her despite himself."

message 3: by Luke (new) - added it

Luke Sky | 2 comments That's the one! Thank you!!

message 4: by Annamariah (new)

Annamariah | 283 comments You're welcome :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Worldshaker (other topics)