What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Crackback
This topic is about Crackback
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Y/A a high school boy in the football team going through the semester. Spoiler ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yarden (new)

Yarden oved | 2 comments So I read this book like 3 years ago and I would love to reread it. I think is was published somewhere around the early 2000's. It's told from the point of view of a high school boy in the football team and it is about his year, the teams progress and games (told from his p.o.v. while playing of course). And arguements with his dad about stuff. His dad was a football coach so he is pressuring him.
SPOILER ALERT

He is also peer pressured to take these energy pills to help him play better because his best friend is taking them and improving, but he ends up flushing them in the toilet. And the book ends with him kissing the girl, which is not a big character but it's still cute and fluffy.

So that is all I can remember from that book, I hope somone will help me find it please!!..

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32027 comments Mod
A few guesses:
- Gym Candy by Carl Deuker?
- Crackback by John Coy?
- Juice by Eric Walters?

Yarden, what position does the boy play on the team? Is he a star player?

Can you tell us more about the football coach - is it his father, etc.?

message 3: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4839 comments Time period/location story takes place?
Part of a series?
Anything about the cover?
Country you were in when you read this book?

Is this American Football or soccer?

message 4: by Yarden (new)

Yarden oved | 2 comments Kris THANK YOU!! It's Crackback, I couldn't remember any more detales but thanks!!

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32027 comments Mod
Great! Glad we could help, Yarden. It pays to guess.