What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Double Dare to be Scared: Another Thirteen Chilling Tales (Dare to be Scared)
This topic is about Double Dare to be Scared
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Collection of short ghost stories for kids, one story was about a boy whose best friend dies in a car crash and tries to kill the boy. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (last edited Oct 09, 2017 07:39AM) (new)

Samantha (mamphie8) | 7 comments Ok so I read this book 4-6 years ago. It was a collection of short "horror" stories for kids (it was probably about 150-200 pages). I think there were multiple authors and one was named Conrad but I'm not positive. I also think the cover might have been a sketch in black and white but it might not have been. It was a hardcover book. I only remember one of the stories. It was about a boy who lives in an apartment building and his best friend Raffa/Rafa (something like that) lived upstairs in the apartment building. One day the kid is home alone and then he hears the footsteps of Raffa coming down the stairs. Raffa basically tries to kill the kid (I think he grabs his wrist or tries to strangle him) and says things like "We're best friends forever, right?" So the kid calls the police, and his mom comes home and tells him that Raffa actually died in a car crash on his way to New Mexico, so it was Raffa's ghost that tried to kill him.

Please help! I've been searching for this book basically since the day after I read it! I've tried to put in as many details as I can remember.

message 2: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4162 comments Double-Dare to Be Scared: Another Thirteen Chilling Tales has "Best Friends" which seems likely to be the story.
Someone has made a storyboard: http://www.storyboardthat.com/storybo...

message 3: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (mamphie8) | 7 comments Yes that is it! Thank you so much!

message 4: by Kris (last edited Oct 10, 2017 07:20AM) (new)

Kris | 34340 comments Mod
Just to confirm, given all the suggestions above, is your book Double Dare to be Scared: Another Thirteen Chilling Tales?

message 5: by Samantha (last edited Oct 10, 2017 12:24PM) (new)

Samantha (mamphie8) | 7 comments Yes my book is Double Dare to be Scared: Another Thirteen Chilling Tales. I've moved the discussion to the solved folder.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34340 comments Mod
Great. Thanks, Samantha.