Litsy discussion

Oldest book on your TBR list? And will you ever read it?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Victoria (last edited Oct 06, 2017 04:39PM) (new)

Victoria (vicki_c) | 10 comments I'll start with my own, I added 20 books on one day in March 2010, so I had to pick one. I'm picking Atonement Atonement by Ian McEwan . And will I ever read it? Not sure. It's so small looking, but something always stops me.

message 2: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracydi) Consequences by Penelope Lively is the oldest on my TBR list. I really doubt I will ever read it. New books keep coming out all the time and my list just keeps getting longer and longer. 🙂

message 3: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (vicki_c) | 10 comments Tracy wrote: "Consequences by Penelope Lively is the oldest on my TBR list. I really doubt I will ever read it. New books keep coming out all the time and my list just keeps getting longer and longer. 🙂"

I know, somehow I always have about 900+ books on my To Read shelf. But I keep reading!! How can that be? ... oh, I see something shiny ...

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (clevercactus) | 14 comments Cloud Atlas. Just collecting a lot of dust..........

message 5: by Quirkyreader (new)

Quirkyreader | 7 comments For me it's A Lion Among Men A Lion Among Men (The Wicked Years, #3) by Gregory Maguire . It's been on my TBR since March 2011. And I still plan on reading it.

message 6: by Martha (new)

Martha (marthag503) I entered multiple titles on my TBR shelf when I first joined Goodreads, but the first two are Olive Kitteridge and Let the Great World Spin. I plan to read both.

message 7: by Megan (new)

Megan (ReadingRover) | 4 comments Hmmm first one I added on Goodreads was Willow by Julia Hoban. I just checked out the blurb and I’m still interested in it but it’s one of those books that just keeps getting put on the back burner.

message 8: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (vicki_c) | 10 comments Krista wrote: "I think my oldest read on my TBR list is RoseBlood. I have been meaning to get to it for awhile. I clean up my TBR list often. I have a 150 rule. No more than 150 TBR books on there. However, I hav..."

I’m not sure I could cull my 900+ TBR!

message 9: by Idarah (new)

Idarah (ginghampanda) Honestly, this one always shocks people.
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

message 10: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (vicki_c) | 10 comments Eve wrote: "Honestly, this one always shocks people.
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger"

I haven't read this one yet either!

message 11: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashleyesimon) | 2 comments The Color Purple. Can't believe I still haven't read it!

message 12: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (avid_reader_mj) The Far Pavilions by M.M. Kaye has been sitting on my TBR pile since I finished grad school nearly twenty years ago. I look at it often and wonder when I’m ever going to read it - maybe next year?

message 13: by Marchpane (new)

Marchpane | 4 comments Mine was Cat's Eye - it had been on my TBR for at least six years (since I joined Goodreads) and probably longer, back when I kept my TBR in a handwritten notebook. And this thread inspired me to finally read it! And I loved it and gave it five stars! So thanks Victoria for starting the thread and giving me that push :)

Michelle (In Libris Veritas) (shadowrose) | 2 comments Mine is Lasher by Anne Rice, I added it on June 20th 2009. I'll definitely get around to it eventually, I enjoyed the first book. I cull stuff I don't plan to read from my shelves every few months.

message 15: by Sue (last edited Nov 17, 2017 07:17AM) (new)

Sue Dix | 6 comments Cabal (Aurelio Zen, #3) by Michael Dibdin
February 2012
I don't know if I'll ever read it.

message 16: by Dree (new)

Dree | 5 comments I actually just read one of my oldest TBR books! I can't check the date any more because it is marked as read, but it is a 2008 book and the oldest books left on my tbr seem to be 2009. My tbr shelf is huge...

The book was America America by Ethan Canin. I read it because I needed an audio book that was available and I somehow found it in Libby's less than desirable search screens. The first half of the book was good....

message 17: by Debbie (new)

Debbie I have two books on the same day. They are To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee and Dewey The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron . I am hoping to read the second for my popsugar challenge this year. The first one I have already read before and will probably not reread for awhile.

message 18: by Karin (new)

Karin (karinroseberry) | 4 comments Catcher in the Rye is mine I added it back in 2011. I want to read it at some point but too many other higher priority books keep getting added. :)

message 19: by Timothy (last edited Dec 08, 2017 01:00PM) (new)

Timothy Finucane (speljamr) | 1 comments Holy crow, it's probably some sci-fi/fantasy book I bought when I was in high school but still haven't gotten too.

message 20: by rabbitprincess (new)

rabbitprincess | 5 comments When I joined GR in April 2008 (holy smokes, almost 10 years ago), I added the entire contents of the Top 100 Crime Novels lists compiled by the British and American crime writers' associations. So of the books I own and haven't read yet, the one that's been logged on GR the longest is Malice Aforethought, by Francis Iles. I've earmarked it for reading next year :)

On my "Want to Read" shelf, the oldest book is Farewell, My Lovely, by Raymond Chandler.

message 21: by Mariposa75me.com (new)

Mariposa75me.com | 4 comments rabbitprincess wrote: "When I joined GR in April 2008 (holy smokes, almost 10 years ago), I added the entire contents of the Top 100 Crime Novels lists compiled by the British and American crime writers' associations. So..."

I like the title of that one. I think I will add it to my own bloated TBR List. I think I'll be able to read more once I find a new job.