EMPOWERING PERFECT IMPERFECTIONS... with INDIA discussion

Avalon Dreams (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
This topic is about Avalon Dreams
Interviews! > Alexa Whitewolf ▲ October 24th, 2017

Comments Showing 1-50 of 102 (102 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Cat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cat Imb || The Reading Cat || | 616 comments Mod
HI HUMANS!

Alexa Whitewolf will be interviewed this month! She has graciously offered copies of the discussion novel Avalon Dreams to interested bloggers in our group! YAY! (I know a few of you, so I am virtually looking at you O.O )

Alexa told me to let you guys know, that the book is quite lengthy, at 600 pages in print, but I think that if a book is good, the length does not matter ;)

Enough of me babbling, I will come back soon with a date and time!

-Cat

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) | 98 comments Whoo hoo! I'm excited! :)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) | 98 comments Just read the synopsis and THIS BOOK SOUNDS AMAZING!

Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger) (sammydogs) | 10 comments This book is on my very long list, but I will get to it and post reviews on Goodreads and Amazon! Hugs

message 5: by Cat (new) - rated it 3 stars

If any of you want ecopies for a review, let me know here or by PM!

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) | 98 comments I would love one, but my life is pretty crazy right now so I'm kind of unreliable. lol

message 7: by Cat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Haha understandable! Mine is as well, so I feel you! That's why the interview will be set for later in October. Also, if you don't finish it by then, that's fine, as long as she does still het a review once done :)

Alexa Whitewolf | 49 comments Soooo excited :D :D Can't wait guys! Happy readings until then :D :D :D (yeah I had too much coffee. I'm sleep deprived this week - on a writing binge)

message 9: by Cat (new) - rated it 3 stars

HUMANS!

Alexa will be joining us for the interview Tuesday, October 24th, at 7:00PM EST

So excited!!

message 10: by India (new) - added it

India Adams (indiaradams) | 571 comments Mod
Another interview! Yay!!!! And with Miss Alexa? YAY!!!!

Alexa Whitewolf | 49 comments Eeeek that's today!!! :D *happy bounce* don't mind me, I'm just getting the caffeine out of system. Can't wait for 7pm!

message 12: by Eldon (new)

Eldon Farrell Alexa wrote: "Eeeek that's today!!! :D *happy bounce* don't mind me, I'm just getting the caffeine out of system. Can't wait for 7pm!"

Looking forward to it!!!

Alexa Whitewolf | 49 comments Eldon wrote: "Alexa wrote: "Eeeek that's today!!! :D *happy bounce* don't mind me, I'm just getting the caffeine out of system. Can't wait for 7pm!"

Looking forward to it!!!"

:D

Alexa Whitewolf | 49 comments hiiiiiii everyone!!! I made it! :D (only had to run an obstacle course to calm my dogs but hey, who doesn't haha) can't wait to get started!

Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger) (sammydogs) | 10 comments Ah! I knew there was something about you I liked besides you! Hugs

message 16: by Cat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Hello EPI members!

It gives me great pleasure to introduce Alexa as our interviewee ;)

I'm sure we'll have lots of fun, so let's get started!

Alexa Whitewolf | 49 comments hehe *hugs* 2 doggies!!

Alexa Whitewolf | 49 comments Catherine wrote: "Hello EPI members!

It gives me great pleasure to introduce Alexa as our interviewee ;)

I'm sure we'll have lots of fun, so let's get started!"

:D thanks for having me!!!

message 19: by Cat (new) - rated it 3 stars

HI ALEXA! How are you?

Alexa Whitewolf | 49 comments Catherine wrote: "HI ALEXA! How are you?"
Hiiiiii Cat!!! I'm GOOD! Great lol, hyped on sugar , how's everyone?

message 21: by Cat (new) - rated it 3 stars

SAME! I can't resist cookie dough ice cream when it's in the house lol

Alexa Whitewolf | 49 comments omggggg YES i just finished an extra-large chocolate sundae :O so yummyyyy

message 23: by Cat (new) - rated it 3 stars

I must confess, I am only a quarter through Avalon Dreams (poor planning on my part), but I was immediately pulled into the story by your writing! Was this your debut novel?

Alexa Whitewolf | 49 comments Catherine wrote: "I must confess, I am only a quarter through Avalon Dreams (poor planning on my part), but I was immediately pulled into the story by your writing! Was this your debut novel?" Haha no worries, it's a bit of a long one :) I hope you got to SOME interesting parts at least!!
And it was and it wasn't. This was my debut published novel, but my first ever full length novel I wrote was the other series I have - Sage's legacy. I'm a bit all over :)

message 25: by Cat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ouuu will definitely have to check out that series as well! Where did the inspiration for AD come from?

Alexa Whitewolf | 49 comments Catherine wrote: "Ouuu will definitely have to check out that series as well! Where did the inspiration for AD come from?" Oh man... a dream. A few years back I used to have crazy dreams, and it got weirder after my mom visited France for a bit. She brought me back a bunch of antique stuff and anyway, my room was all decorated with it - this was before I left for uni.

So anyway, one of those nights I had this dream about this girl, and in the dream I was her. And she was meeting this guy, couldn't remember why he was familiar etc., and then they were being chased by this big bad. Back then I was in the habit of keeping a dream journal so I wrote all this down in the morning when I woke up.... and promptly forgot about it.

Couple years later, after life and uni and I was dating my then-fiance, we were moving and I fell upon a bunch of notebooks. So I stayed up all night re-reading stuff I had written when I was a teen, then earlier adulthood... One of the scenes was of Viv and Seb from the book. Full-on gave me shivers... Then I dreamt about them. Again.

Over the next few weeks, the dreams kept happening so I told my then-fiance, and luckily for me he didn't think I was crazy! As I was telling him the story, it developed to include all these different characters, and Arthur's storyline kind of wove itself in there... Next thing I knew, I was typing away :)

Alexa Whitewolf | 49 comments Catherine wrote: "Ouuu will definitely have to check out that series as well! Where did the inspiration for AD come from?" whoops... seeing it, that was kind of a long answer! my bad :)

message 28: by Eldon (new)

Eldon Farrell Alexa wrote: "hiiiiiii everyone!!! I made it! :D (only had to run an obstacle course to calm my dogs but hey, who doesn't haha) can't wait to get started!"

You think that's hard try calming a 2 year old lol

message 29: by Cat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Alexa wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Ouuu will definitely have to check out that series as well! Where did the inspiration for AD come from?" Oh man... a dream. A few years back I used to have crazy dreams, and it go..."

That is soooo fascinating! I definitely see the parallels between yourself and Viv in that respect!

Why were you keeping a dream journal if you don't mind me asking? It seems like such an integral part of your author carreer. A cornerstone if you will.

Alexa Whitewolf | 49 comments Eldon wrote: "Alexa wrote: "hiiiiiii everyone!!! I made it! :D (only had to run an obstacle course to calm my dogs but hey, who doesn't haha) can't wait to get started!"

You think that's hard try calming a 2 ye..."

LOL you made it!!!!

message 31: by Cat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Alexa wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Ouuu will definitely have to check out that series as well! Where did the inspiration for AD come from?" whoops... seeing it, that was kind of a long answer! my bad :)"

No worries! I love long answers ;)

message 32: by Cat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Eldon wrote: "Alexa wrote: "hiiiiiii everyone!!! I made it! :D (only had to run an obstacle course to calm my dogs but hey, who doesn't haha) can't wait to get started!"

You think that's hard try calming a 2 ye..."

LOL. Glad you made it Eldon!!!

Alexa Whitewolf | 49 comments Catherine wrote: "Alexa wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Ouuu will definitely have to check out that series as well! Where did the inspiration for AD come from?" Oh man... a dream. A few years back I used to have crazy dre..."
Not at all :)
I was going through some crazy family time with my parents - dad especially, and I think subconsciously it manifested itself in my dreams. I was very self-reliant even back then so I read a couple of psychology books and whatnot, and some said that one way to figure out what your dreams are trying to tell you was to write it down.

It helped in some ways - for the dreams that didn't involve sorcerers and talking dogs LOL. And after a while it became a habit, and I liked doing it. The writing calmed me down in the morning and middle of the night if I couldn't sleep.

Alexa Whitewolf | 49 comments Catherine wrote: "Alexa wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Ouuu will definitely have to check out that series as well! Where did the inspiration for AD come from?" Oh man... a dream. A few years back I used to have crazy dre..." heh in terms of parallels, I think I do it subconsciously. I don't realize till the end once I get some space from the story how much one of the characters has of me in it. Freya, in my other series, is the worst lol she has TOO much of me in her. But I digress. I love Vivienne though she drives me crazy sometimes.

Alexa Whitewolf | 49 comments Catherine wrote: "Alexa wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Ouuu will definitely have to check out that series as well! Where did the inspiration for AD come from?" whoops... seeing it, that was kind of a long answer! my bad ..."
haha let's hope you don't take that back by the end of this interview :D

message 36: by Cat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Alexa wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Alexa wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Ouuu will definitely have to check out that series as well! Where did the inspiration for AD come from?" Oh man... a dream. A few years back I used..."

That's honestly great! I have recurring dreams, but they're not as cool as yours. Mine are all abour never being able to reach the top of a flight of stairs. Something always happens; usually the stairs start tipping making them unclimbable at the last steps. Man this got deep. Well then...

message 37: by Cat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Alexa wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Alexa wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Ouuu will definitely have to check out that series as well! Where did the inspiration for AD come from?" Oh man... a dream. A few years back I used..."

I love how we interact with fictional characters as if they had taken on a life of their own

message 38: by Cat (new) - rated it 3 stars

I noticed you go back in forth in (life)time(s) in this book. Was integrating those time jumps difficult?

message 39: by Eldon (new)

Eldon Farrell Catherine wrote: "Eldon wrote: "Alexa wrote: "hiiiiiii everyone!!! I made it! :D (only had to run an obstacle course to calm my dogs but hey, who doesn't haha) can't wait to get started!"

You think that's hard try ..."

I did make it :)

Haven't read the book but am a huge fan of the author both as a writer and a person!!

For a question, I'm wondering if the length of this your first published work was at all a concern? Most advice out there is to keep word count down for maximum commercial viability. Did you ever consider making it 2 books? Or was it never an issue?

And I highly recommend all members here to check out Alexa's webpage. It's real eye candy :)

Alexa Whitewolf | 49 comments Catherine wrote: "Alexa wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Alexa wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Ouuu will definitely have to check out that series as well! Where did the inspiration for AD come from?" Oh man... a dream. A few yea..." Let's trade :) I'll take the stairs!

message 41: by Minx (new)

Minx (minxreadsalot) hello!!

message 42: by Minx (new)

Minx (minxreadsalot) Sorry I just got home......

message 43: by Cat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Eldon wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Eldon wrote: "Alexa wrote: "hiiiiiii everyone!!! I made it! :D (only had to run an obstacle course to calm my dogs but hey, who doesn't haha) can't wait to get started!"

You thin..."

OUUU cyber runs to website!

Alexa Whitewolf | 49 comments Catherine wrote: "I noticed you go back in forth in (life)time(s) in this book. Was integrating those time jumps difficult?"

Ahhh yes. Ok so funnily enough, the "medieval time" parts were written first. But I always knew I wanted the story to go back and forth, the only question was how to do it without it appearing botched or out of nowhere? I tried a few things and the deja-vu/trance/dreams seemed the best compromise.

I also tried to keep the back in time sequences as chronological as possible, but I have to say the hardest part was trying to keep the stories parallel without each getting ahead of the other. The past and Vivienne had to learn something then do it before the present one did. Otherwise I felt it wouldn't make much sense.

Also, keeping some of the main plot elements hidden was hard with the past as background. Of course, those "main" plot elements ended up becoming secondary ones... Because the story completely grew out of control lol leading to #2. *sheepish smile*

Alexa Whitewolf | 49 comments Minx -The Genre Minx wrote: "Sorry I just got home......"

Hiiiii!!! :D

message 46: by Cat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Alexa wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Alexa wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Alexa wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Ouuu will definitely have to check out that series as well! Where did the inspiration for AD come from?" Oh man... ..."

Haha it's honestly not great. It makes me anxious, and I often fall into an abyss. Not very interesting either, not like knights, and past lives.

message 47: by Cat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Minx -The Genre Minx wrote: "Sorry I just got home......"

HI MINX!!! I was wondering where you were ;)

message 48: by Minx (new)

Minx (minxreadsalot) Catherine wrote: "Minx -The Genre Minx wrote: "Sorry I just got home......"

HI MINX!!! I was wondering where you were ;)"

Hi!! Kids, Life, Dogs..it all got in the way!!

message 49: by Cat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Alexa wrote: "Catherine wrote: "I noticed you go back in forth in (life)time(s) in this book. Was integrating those time jumps difficult?"

Ahhh yes. Ok so funnily enough, the "medieval time" parts were written ..."

Well, from what I've read its well executed! So mission accomplished on your part :) it's why I asked the question, I thought it flowed really well

message 50: by Minx (new)

Minx (minxreadsalot) Alexa wrote: "Minx -The Genre Minx wrote: "Sorry I just got home......"

Hiiiii!!! :D"

Hii! I know we are talking about Avalon Wishes, but I have only read The Dragon Medallion BUT I still wanted to get in on this :D

« previous 1 3