Janet Evanovich Book Group discussion

Stephanie Plum Series > Hardcore Twenty-Four

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 221 comments Mod
Hardcore violence? Hardcore laughs? Hardcore SEX WITH RANGER!? Read the excerpt and synopsis here: http://www.evanovich.com/books/hardco...

message 2: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 280 comments Oh, yum. I can't wait!

message 3: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (nannycil) | 68 comments I read the 2 excerpts she has on her website and it's hilarious. That dang snake again,lol!

message 4: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (nannycil) | 68 comments I just got notice that a copy of this book is waiting for me at my library!! Now to wait until Monday.........

message 5: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 280 comments Congratulations, Cheri! I'm still waiting.

message 6: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (nannycil) | 68 comments Anita wrote: "Congratulations, Cheri! I'm still waiting."

I just went to pick it up this afternoon. I was first at my local library. There are 102 holds altogether for this book on our EasternShore of Maryland! Excited to start tonite :)

message 7: by Anita (last edited Nov 27, 2017 05:56PM) (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 280 comments Wow! I didn't put in a request for the hardcover, I only requested the e-book and my library hasn't bought it yet :( Have a wonderful time in Plumland.

message 8: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (nannycil) | 68 comments Anita wrote: "Wow! I didn't put in a request for the hardcover, I only requested the e-book and my library hasn't bought it yet :( Have a wonderful time in Plumland."

Read it in one sitting! I noticed there are a ton of bad reviews for it on this site, but I loved it. She goes out of her norm in this one but it's still hilarious in Plumland ! :)

message 9: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 280 comments Why those people bother to read something just to diss it is beyond me. But, I'm assuming they even read it to begin with. I'm so glad that you liked it. I look forward to reading it too.

message 10: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (nannycil) | 68 comments Anita wrote: "Why those people bother to read something just to diss it is beyond me. But, I'm assuming they even read it to begin with. I'm so glad that you liked it. I look forward to reading it too."

I agree Anita! One said Diesel should stay in his own series,lol...If Diesel popped up in my bedroom damn if I'd be complaining!! I hope you get to read it soon :)

message 11: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 280 comments LOL! Yeah, I'd take Diesel in a heartbeat too. Obviously, that person doesn't know her Plum history. Diesel made a move on Stephanie in a between-the-numbers book Plum Spooky a long time ago.

message 12: by Kimiko (new)

Kimiko | 6 comments Here's my 2 cents worth....not every book in a series is as good as some of the others....sometimes, like the rest of us, some authors have a bad day. The best thing to do is take each book and the overall series for what it's worth..Stephanie Plum is like the Inspector Clousseau of the bounty hunting world....read the books knowing you'll get some sarcasm, some hijinks, a little smattering of romance and a Whole "lotta" fun and you will enjoy these books EVERY time! I certainly do!

message 13: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (nannycil) | 68 comments Kimiko wrote: "Here's my 2 cents worth....not every book in a series is as good as some of the others....sometimes, like the rest of us, some authors have a bad day. The best thing to do is take each book and the..."
Well said Kimiko!

message 14: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (nannycil) | 68 comments Anita wrote: "LOL! Yeah, I'd take Diesel in a heartbeat too. Obviously, that person doesn't know her Plum history. Diesel made a move on Stephanie in a between-the-numbers book Plum Spooky a long ..."
Yup and she met his monkey,lol

message 15: by Mbs (new)

Mbs stearns (fungirlnc) | 12 comments I love a book that makes me laugh and stay up all night. Just wish there were more that is this much fun to read.

message 16: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 280 comments I recommended this book for purchase in June. Something went really, really wrong and I'm #255 on the Hold list. I'm more than a little pissed at Overdrive and my library.

message 17: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (nannycil) | 68 comments Anita wrote: "I recommended this book for purchase in June. Something went really, really wrong and I'm #255 on the Hold list. I'm more than a little pissed at Overdrive and my library."

Wow, that's bs Anita. I would be spitting fire at the library. I hope something changes for you soon!

message 18: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 280 comments I was under the impression that if I "recommended" a book, I would automatically be put on the "hold" list when the book was purchased. This book still shows on my recommended list, like the library hadn't purchased it. Yeah, I'm really steamed and will spend all day Monday letting both the library and Overdrive feel the full force of my wrath. I guarantee, it won't be pretty.

message 19: by Nicole (new)

This is the longest I’ve ever gone without obtaining a new Plum series book! Who am I? What is wrong with me? Now it’s been so long I’m putting it on my Christmas list. And there’s Diesel in the book!? How can I wait till the 25th for that level of hotness!?

message 20: by Robin (new)

Robin Mattei (memarobin) | 35 comments I believe recommending a book for purchase and asking to be in wait list are two different things

message 21: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (nannycil) | 68 comments Anita wrote: "I was under the impression that if I "recommended" a book, I would automatically be put on the "hold" list when the book was purchased. This book still shows on my recommended list, like the librar..."
Good for you! Let me know how it goes..

message 22: by Becky (new)

Becky (ebab) | 53 comments Very excited when I heard from my library today that the book is ready to be picked up.

message 23: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (debbiegray) | 7 comments I was the first on the list at my library and my hubby and I both read it in 5 days. Its was good, not like some, but really how can a Plum book be bad? I do enjoy the snake antics....even though I don't care for snakes and of course Grandma......what can I say?

message 24: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (nannycil) | 68 comments Becky wrote: "Very excited when I heard from my library today that the book is ready to be picked up."

Enjoy Becky!

message 25: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (nannycil) | 68 comments Debbie wrote: "I was the first on the list at my library and my hubby and I both read it in 5 days. Its was good, not like some, but really how can a Plum book be bad? I do enjoy the snake antics....even though I..."

That's right Debbie, no Plum book is ever bad :)

message 26: by Becky (new)

Becky (ebab) | 53 comments Hardcore Twenty-Four (Stephanie Plum, #24) by Janet Evanovich Hardcore Twenty-Four by Janet Evanovich. Just started in hardcover from Library

message 27: by Nicole (new)

Got my book for Christmas! On page 60 and loving it. So funny.
This is my fav quote so far “If I wore rubber boots up to my pussy I still wouldn’t go look in that double-wide.” - Lula

message 28: by Becky (new)

Becky (ebab) | 53 comments Hardcore Twenty-Four (Stephanie Plum, #24) by Janet Evanovich Hardcore Twenty-Four by Janet Evanovich in Hardcover
Again Stephanie Plum is overwhelmed with all her chaotic crisis. Someone is stealing graves, there are decapitated dead people, and zombies have taken over the area, heads without brains and Stephanie is boa sitting for a perp while he is waiting trial. Her old, gorgeous, mysterious and mystical friend Diesel is also back in town and has taken root at her apartment. Another day in the life of Stephanie Plum. Grandma is in love with a man in Florida she met on on-line dating who looks like George Hamilton, Lulu is freaked out with the boa and the zombie cooties. Let's not forget her attraction to both Joe Morelli and Ranger, now add in Diesel and we have the makings of another hilarious book. I found myself laughing out loud at times and falling in love with Morelli and Ranger all over again. I read some bad reviews about this book but I really enjoyed. Yes, it's like many of her other books and very predictable. I always find them a treat to just sit back, relax and just enjoy. 5 stars

message 29: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (nannycil) | 68 comments Well said Becky!!

message 30: by Nicole (new)

Yes! Very well said indeed!

message 31: by Amy (new)

Amy Blasko | 1 comments Hardcore Twenty-Four

I read it in two days, I always wait until I can't handle it anymore because I can zoom through any Stephanie Plum book. I look forward to them and then I'm sad when it's over.

Looking forward to #25 and truly hoping when the series does end, it ends with Stephanie and Morelli getting married!

message 32: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (nannycil) | 68 comments Amy wrote: "Hardcore Twenty-Four

I read it in two days, I always wait until I can't handle it anymore because I can zoom through any Stephanie Plum book. I look forward to them and then I'm sa..."

That's how I want it to end as well Amy!

message 33: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 280 comments I just got my copy and hope to read non-stop this weekend. I don't care what this book is about and I an not ready for this series to end. I hope Janet Evanovich writes till the day she dies and then beyond.

message 34: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 280 comments Hardcore Twenty-Four (Stephanie Plum, #24) by Janet Evanovich Hardcore Twenty-Four by Janet Evanovich 5-Stars
Laughs, Zombies and cozy sex
My Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I read/listened to this in one day while staining the lumber for my new barndoor style closet doors. It made a really brainless, repetitive task very enjoyable.

message 35: by Ashly (new)

Ashly Thomas | 2 comments just finished it the other day. it was great. some serious that go on this long seem to get old or too repetitive. but not Stephanie. Janet really has a gold mine here. I love her books and they really are page turners. keep'em coming!!

message 36: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (nannycil) | 68 comments Ashly wrote: "just finished it the other day. it was great. some serious that go on this long seem to get old or too repetitive. but not Stephanie. Janet really has a gold mine here. I love her books and they re..."

I totally agree with you Ashly!

message 37: by Michelle (new)

Michelle O’Connor | 6 comments I just began reading this and Stephanie’s back driving an suv...just finished turbo twenty three and she had a Lexus she bought from Lulas friend. What happened to it?

message 38: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 280 comments Don't remember for sure, but I suspect it got blown up. That is usually what happens to Stephanie's autos. I just finished Fortune and Glory and she went through three in that book.

message 39: by Michelle (new)

Michelle O’Connor | 6 comments You’re right her cars don’t last. Still have a few left before reading that one but looking forward to it.

message 40: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 280 comments It's great! There is a set up for a new spin off series that looks to be fantastic.