Caraval (Caraval, #1) Caraval discussion

Does anyone else think that Tella and Legend could have been a better antihero couple than Joker and Harley Quinn?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abigail (last edited Dec 15, 2017 10:00AM) (new) - added it

Abigail Hart I don't know why but when I was reading I kept thinking they should be together they would be a better antihero couple than Joker and Harley.

Toya Taylor Oh yeah. Legend (to me) likes Tella but he can't stop being his evil self. Joker did the same with Harley in the way of dragging her into his madness. Legend is pulling Tella in, and she knows its wrong but she can't help it. And then at the end of the book, Tella was watching Julian and Scarlett and was wishing that she could have something like that...what happens...the mysterious figure (100% sure it was Legend) dances with her around the room and leave a note.

Hina I can see this happening, surprisingly. Personally, I feel Scarlett overrated her sister with the "She's so smart" stuff going on. Tella gets carried away too easily, and I can definitely see some antihero stuff going on.
But no.
According to me, Joker and Harley are a timeless antihero couple and perhaps I'm being biased, but I just don't think that any other 'evil' couple could be better than them.

Toya Taylor Queen_Halcyon wrote: "I can see this happening, surprisingly. Personally, I feel Scarlett overrated her sister with the "She's so smart" stuff going on. Tella gets carried away too easily, and I can definitely see some ..."

Yeah I thought more on it, and Legend/Tella aren't that evil...I think. (Have to see if and how he redeems himself in Legendary). Tella just played with her and her sister's lives for what????..a game.

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 30, 2017 12:32PM) (new)

Toya wrote: "Oh yeah. Legend (to me) likes Tella but he can't stop being his evil self. Joker did the same with Harley in the way of dragging her into his madness. Legend is pulling Tella in, and she knows its ..."

This!
Although we don't know, so far they're not so evil but they are super questionable. It would be one hell of a plot twist if Tella and Scarlett become enemies?

Toya Taylor When reading Caraval...I hated Tella...If that were my sister...I would not have forgiven the *****. That was a big gamble on Tella's part. Did she even care what Scarlet went through??? And now Tella is in deep with Legend, who in the next book has something planned. I do wonder though...she did die...what more does Legend want?? I mean it doesn't get any more of high price then that. And if the mother is alive and just sitting back and watching then her and Tella would be the perfect mother/daughter. But I do think the mother is somewhere else...maybe the place of the next sick twisted game that Legend has planned. OH and Scarlet should enter the game and give Tella a dose of her own medicine.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I think Tella and Legend teaming up for an anti hero duo would have been an amazing plot twist. The idea that Tella was in on everything, and not to save anyone, would be much more shocking. I think Tella would be easily whisked away into the world of bliss and enchantment that Legend provides, and could be easily swayed to make one rash decision after another in order to continue her fun adventures. Legend, meanwhile, would be the perfect elusive charmer. I would have lived a whole book just from this point of view, to see the inner workings of Caraval, etc.

Khione Archerone That would be cool, I'd read that

pochi ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ SPOILERS!!!!!!
omg i never thought about that! I would totally read that.
But I think that if Legend would have stayed with her at the end of the book in "Legendary", he would have drive Tella into his madness, he was an evil person, not everything that he did was morally correct but he did care about Tella. I think that is why he left her at the end of "legendary", he knew that he was dragging her into being a villain if he stayed and he was not ready to give up his powers.
(i love them btw)