Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Need Book Recommendations > help please!!

Comments (showing 1-15 of 15) (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brandie (new)

Brandie (bookwhore_am_i) | 3 comments Hi All!! I am in need of some good recommendations~ I am looking for series that are written about one main female character (not switching characters each book). New adult, adult, or steamy adult are all fine. (steamier is better but I have read some great YA series) I like it to have some sort of romantic tones to it~ Just really needing a new fix!

A few series I Have read and loved:- On that note- i would recommend any and all of these!

Anita Blake - Laurell Hamilton
Blood Singer Series- Cat Adams
Midnight Breed- Lara Adrian
Black Dagger Brotherhood- JR Ward
Riley Jensen- Keri Arthur
Premonition Series- Amy Bartol
Mercy Thompson- Patricia Briggs
Night Huntress Series- Jeaniene Frost
Indigo Court- Yasmine Galenorn
Sookie Stackhouse- Charlaine Harris
Rachel Morgan- Kim Harrison
Dark Hunter series- Sherrilyn Kenyon
Bloodlines- Richelle Mead
Georgia Kincaid- Richelle Mead
Dark Swan- Richelle Mead
Vampire Acadamy- Richelle Mead
House of Night- PC Cast
Twilight- Stephenie Meyer
Kara Gillian- Diana Rowland

I'm sure there are more i have forgotten or that were prior to making my database... I know.. seriously have an addiction in a bad way :) On that note, if you have any questions or need recommendations from me- I am glad to help!

message 2: by Lindsey (last edited Jul 07, 2017 04:10PM) (new)

Lindsey (UCDLindsey) Lots of options in the UF area, you may have read these as well but I'll toss them out as they're favorites of mine:

Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews Grave Witch (Alex Craft, #1) by Kalayna Price Touch the Dark (Cassandra Palmer, #1) by Karen Chance Rosemary and Rue (October Daye, #1) by Seanan McGuire

message 3: by Marti (last edited Jul 07, 2017 04:20PM) (new)

Marti Melville | 22 comments The Deja vu Chronicles (Midnight Omen - book 1)
- paranormal, historical, romance Midnight Omen (The Deja Vu Chronicles #1) by Marti Melville

message 4: by Marti (last edited Jul 07, 2017 04:21PM) (new)

Marti Melville | 22 comments Steel & Sky: Tales of the Dead Man (book 1) - Sci-Fi, Fantasy
Steel & Sky Tales of the Dead Man by Ren Cummins

message 5: by Robin (new)

Robin (rockin_Robin) | 39 comments These aren't steamy, they're more light, humorous paranormal series; but, they do feature the same female lead throughout the series.
Woof at the Door (Call of the Wilde #1) by Laura Morrigan There's only four books in the series to this point, but they're well-written and feature a Dr. Doolittle type character who can communicate with animals.

There's also Heather Blake, I've enjoyed her Magic Potion Mystery series--I think there's only three so far, though. A Potion to Die For (A Magic Potion Mystery, #1) by Heather Blake

There's also Annabel Chase--her Spellbound series has been fun. Curse the Day (Spellbound #1) by Annabel Chase It's almost like a paranormal variation on Brigadoon.

They don't focus on the same female lead each book, but Lauren Dane does write some good, steamy stuff.

message 6: by BarbaraAnn (new)

BarbaraAnn | 35 comments how about Diana Rowland's White Trash Zombie series? My Life as a White Trash Zombie. it doesn't have the heat of the Kara Gillian series, but it's light and fun.

I would also recommend Vicious Circle, which is the first book in the Persephone Alcmedi series

message 7: by J.C. (last edited Jul 08, 2017 10:08AM) (new)

J.C. (LadyRose1011) | 271 comments I just read The Enforcers Series: Books 1-3: Mastered, Dominated, Kept the first 2 books same woman 3 book is about another woman and another man but 1 from the First 2 books who is kinda like a co-MC in the first 2, non paranormal/it is Erotica/ lite BDSM more so on Master/Sub without the Sir/Master stuff with lite spanking. Read Stormwalker (Stormwalker, #1) by Allyson James by: Allyson James paranormal/ romance I think same female for the rest?? Book was pretty good.. Read Cassie Palmer Series same woman paranormal/erotica..loved this series also look at the Touch the Dark if I remeber corectly Dorian ?? Russian name series also good.
YA look at the Matched whole series by: Ally Condie really good. Also The Selection whole series is about her then eventually about her daughter by: Kiera Cass

message 8: by Neha (new)

Neha Banerjee | 1 comments Okay this may be a lot and im now butt... here are some amazing series that you'll love!!!
1) Relentless series by Karen Lynch
2) Covenant series by Jennifer Armentrout
3) Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones
4) Dark in you series by Suzanne Wright
5) The Lazy Girls Guide to Magic series by Helen Harper
6) Night huntress series by Jeanine Frost
And a smart thing to do is that if u like a certain series, check out all books by the author or the author's friends for similar writing styles!

message 9: by Melissa (last edited Jul 17, 2017 09:14AM) (new)

Melissa Davis If you liked Mercy Thompson, you should try Cry Wolf (the Alpha & Omega series) by Patricia Briggs. It follows Charles and his wife Anna - you get more insight on the Marrok's pack.

Kelley Armstrong's Omens series is reeealllyy good. I don't even want to give any clues about this book b/c there are so many revelations! The 5th book will be out in August.

I also really enjoyed Stacia Kane's Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts series). Very interesting take on the ghost story.

If you are not 100% firm on having a female lead, I would highly recommend Charlaine Harris's Midnight Crossroad and Kevin Hearne's Hounded. Both follow the same MCs throughout the series run. Midnight Texas has some characters from Sookie's world which is pretty cool. Iron Druid has the most lovable Irish wolf hound, Oberon, to keep things light when they seem darkest.

Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1) by Patricia Briggs Omens (Cainsville, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #1) by Stacia Kane Midnight Crossroad (Midnight, Texas, #1) by Charlaine Harris Hounded (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #1) by Kevin Hearne

message 10: by Brandie (new)

Brandie (bookwhore_am_i) | 3 comments Thanks All! Keep them coming! :)

message 11: by Farren (new)

Farren (MmmCookies) | 692 comments Tempest Rising (Jane True, #1) by Nicole Peeler Jane True Series - similar to Sookie with more types of supernatural creatures
Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1) by Kresley Cole Arcana Chronicles - paranormal fight to the death that gets more "mature" as it goes on
Witches of East End (The Beauchamp Family, #1) by Melissa de la Cruz The Beauchamp Family - if you like slutty witches mixed with Norse mythology
Darkhouse (Experiment in Terror, #1) by Karina Halle Experiment in Terror - paranormal horror with overabundant amounts of sexual tension
Pretty When She Dies (Pretty When She Dies, #1) by Rhiannon Frater Pretty When She Dies - basically vampire sexy time if you don't care about less than stellar writing, leans more towards horror as well
Darkness of Light (Darkness, #1) by Stacey Marie Brown Darkness Series - I only read the first one but it was like fae, weres, and that whole angry attraction thing if I remember correctly
Anything by Kelley Armstrong is good, whether it be adult or YA.
I think I covered all the bases lol

message 12: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne Bland (Roxanne2) | 31 comments For YA, I recommend Ghost Hand (1st book) by Ripley Patton. Imaginative, and a great story.

message 13: by Raven (last edited Jul 18, 2017 02:53AM) (new)

Raven (fallenravenqueen) | 6 comments i have few for you:

Dark series by Christine Feehan
The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher
Nightside Series by Simon R Green
Argeneau Vampires by Lynsay Sands
Undead Series by MaryJanice Davidson
Kitty Norville by Carrie Vaughn

message 15: by Marie (new)

Marie (acheron1981) | 132 comments Hey you could try :
Jennifer Ashley shifters unbound
Lara Adrian midnight breed
Iona Andrews kate Daniels