What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's oversized picture/puzzle book with detailed illustrations, centred around a mansion? [s]

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicola (new)

Nicola (Theowabba) | 23 comments This might be a complete shot in the dark, but I used to own a book when I was aged roughly 5-11 years old, so 13-19 years ago. I remember it being quite a large book, maybe between A4 and A3 size, paperback and quite thin.
From what I remember it was a puzzle book with really detailed illustrations that centred around an old mansion/gardens. I definitely remember there being a page that was a bathroom, and the puzzle was to find out which type of shower the character was having by following the pipes (ice shower, cold shower, bubble shower etc.) There may also have been a 'follow the right path away from the cliff' type puzzle near the beginning and I also remember something to do with topiaries/ croquet.

The illustrations were very detailed in a 'hidden object' kind of way and I think a running theme of the book may have been finding objects within the art. Im pretty sure the illustrations covered every page but there was some text within them.

I also think the puzzles followed a girl and a boy.

Any help would be appreciated so much :) This book is my lost childhood treasure!

message 2: by Kris (new)

message 3: by Nicola (new)

Nicola (Theowabba) | 23 comments That looks really promising, thank you!

By sheer luck I've just searched my local library online and they have a copy so I'll go check it out on Friday to see if it definitely is the right book. I'm 80% sure that it is so thank you so much!

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 13653 comments Mod
Good luck!

message 5: by Nicola (new)

Nicola (Theowabba) | 23 comments It's definitely A Puzzling Day at Castle Macpelican, thank you so much!! :D <3

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 13653 comments Mod
Great! Glad the other member's request pointed to your book.