David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Reading Challenges! > Pick It For Me Challenge: July/August 2017

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12621 comments Mod
Here are your partners:

Karen and Jenny
Oda and Sarah

1. Karen https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...
2. Sarah https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...
3. Oda https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...
4. Jenny https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

***If you do not have access to your partner's shelf, please send a friend request to your partner!***

You now have one week to decide amongst yourselves how many books you will pick for each other, and to make those choices.

You can chat with your partner either here or by PM- PREFERABLY BY PERSONAL MESSAGE SO THAT THIS BOARD IS NOT CLUTTERED UP.

Either way, all of you MUST do a post on here this week that is similar to the example that I did on the first post:

My name: Jenny
My partner: Sarah
The books picked for me: Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer The Hunt (The Hunt, #1) by Andrew Fukuda
Cinder (read 3/16/2015)- 4 stars. Intriguing premise, great characters, and a really cool retelling that was unfortunately plagued by predictability.
The Hunt (read 3/28/2015)- 4 stars. The Hunt had lots of suspense, admirable lead characters, and kept me scared and nervous.

Note that you have until the end of August to READ THE BOOKS and edit/fill in the information/short review at the bottom.
Have fun!

message 2: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (last edited Oct 10, 2017 07:52PM) (new)

My name: Jenny
My partner: Karen

Books pick for me: The Secret Hour (Midnighters, #1) by Scott Westerfeld Darken the Stars (Kricket, #3) by Amy A. Bartol Be with Me (Wait for You, #2) by J. Lynn

So excited for these!

Be with Me (Wait for You, #2) by J. Lynn 3.5 stars
Not as a good as the first IMO, but not bad either.

Darken the Stars (Kricket, #3) by Amy A. Bartol 4.5 stars
Would have liked a more complete ending, but otherwise, I adored this read! Kept me completely hooked.

The Secret Hour (Midnighters, #1) by Scott Westerfeld 4 stars
Really enjoyed this! So inventive and different, and it was a fun, quick read.

message 3: by Oda Renate (last edited Jul 12, 2017 12:47AM) (new)

Oda Renate (Odasbooklove) | 2994 comments My name: Oda
My partner: Sarah

books picked for me: The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns, #3) by Rae Carson
The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North Sacré Bleu A Comedy d'Art by Christopher Moore

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen | 10931 comments Mod
My name: Karen
My partner: Jenny

Books picked for me:
A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic, #2) by V.E. Schwab The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) by Rick Riordan Ten Thousand Skies Above You (Firebird, #2) by Claudia Gray

Woopie!! Excited about my picks! Thanks Jenny. :)

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 29 comments My name: Sarah
My partner: Oda

Books picked for me:
The Color Purple by Alice Walker Empire of Ivory (Temeraire, #4) by Naomi Novik The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas

Thanks Oda!

message 6: by Oda Renate (new)

Oda Renate (Odasbooklove) | 2994 comments I just finished The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns, #3) by Rae Carson5 stars.. well to be accurate 5 million stars.
PERFECT book, perfect ending to a perfect series!

message 7: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Oda wrote: "I just finished The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns, #3) by Rae Carson5 stars.. well to be accurate 5 million stars.
PERFECT book, perfect ending to a perfect series!"

I ADORED this book!

message 8: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Hi guys! I'm so behind on this challenge and I totally forgot about setting up a new one for September!

I think what we are going to do, is use September as a "catch up" month, and start back up with Oct/Nov. December we will have a month off for the holidays.

I do want to read all the books you picked for me Karen!

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 29 comments Sounds good Jenny!

I've been terrible but I'm currently reading Empire of Ivory (Temeraire, #4) by Naomi Novik and loving it.

message 10: by Karen (new)

Karen | 10931 comments Mod
Jenny wrote: "Hi guys! I'm so behind on this challenge and I totally forgot about setting up a new one for September!

I think what we are going to do, is use September as a "catch up" month, and start back up w..."

Ha, I'm in the same boat! And ditto what Jenny said! Glad we get an extra month. :)

message 11: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Awesome, I'm glad you guys agree :)

message 12: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

I finished Be with Me (Wait for You, #2) by J. Lynn this morning, 3.5 stars. Not as a good as the first IMO, but not bad either.

message 13: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

I finished Darken the Stars (Kricket, #3) by Amy A. Bartol 4.5 stars

Would have liked a more complete ending, but otherwise, I adored this read! Kept me completely hooked.

message 14: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

I finally finished The Secret Hour (Midnighters, #1) by Scott Westerfeld! 4 stars
Really enjoyed this! So inventive and different, and it was a fun, quick read.

Finally done with this challenge :) So happy I finished them all, even if it was late!