Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

General IR Book Discussion > Ugh. Is it just me??

Comments (showing 1-3 of 3) (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin (new)

Erin Daniels | 88 comments Okay.
So I love western/cowboy romances right? If it's IR on top of that I'm ecstatic ha ha. Anyhoo I was reading and enjoying a novella in which the heroine and her best friend go to a bar with some friends. The best friend, who is black, has too much to drink and is strong-armed by a drunk a**hole who won't take no for an answer. The heroine (white) is grateful when her ex-flame (white) rescues the black best friend and saves the day. Yayyy right?

Okay the following day the ex shows up to talk to the heroine. He spots the best friend outside and tells the heroine "You need to keep a leash on her."

*insert record scratch sound*

What?? Call me sensitive but it is for this very reason that I choose to write romances about black women. I can't control what other authors choose to do but I can do my part to tell our stories with as much dignity and creativity as I possibly can.

Ugh. I couldn't finish the book.

message 2: by Wendy (new)

Wendy W | 15 comments I have rolled my eyes at many things authors have written. But I might have to respectfully contact this author.

message 3: by Erin (new)

Erin Daniels | 88 comments Wendy wrote: "I have rolled my eyes at many things authors have written. But I might have to respectfully contact this author."

Right?! I tried her Goodreads and Amazon pages but no contact info. I'm going to keep trying.