Read by Theme discussion

What We're Reading > June 2017: Book(s) in a Series

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amara, Group Creator (new)

Amara Tanith (aftanith) | 733 comments Our June poll has closed, and our winning theme turned out to be Book(s) in a Series!

Remember that once you've finished your book(s) for the month, you're always welcome to start a discussion topic here (which works best if there are others in the group who have read or are currently reading the book in question) or post your thoughts (or just drop a link to your review!) in the thread below.

And don't forget to vote on the poll for July's theme can be found here.

message 2: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 69 comments I'm reading The Pearl Thief which is part of the Code Name: Verity series. It's a prequel to Code Name: Verity. I'm almost finished with it and I consider it excellent. I love the content related to the Travellers. There's a bibliography at the back of the book. Elizabeth Wein did extensive research for this book.

message 3: by Kristell (new)

Kristell | 33 comments I have more than one book for this theme this month, mostly first book in series but I am going to read The Rise of Nine, the third book.
The others so far are, Glimpse, Ignite, Never Buried and I finished The Girl from Everywhere which I started the last days of May

message 4: by Grace (new)

Grace | 2 comments I'm currently reading The Ivansion of the Tearling , is the second book from the Queen of Tearling series

message 5: by Sara (new)

Sara | 57 comments I am usually not a fan of book in series, but I have read a few books that end up having squeals or the author decided to turned them to series. So, I will be reading Golden Age, the third and final installment of Longdon Family. I am also planning to read Dreams of Joy by Lisa See which is the squeal of Shanghai Girls which I read previoulsy.

message 6: by Anne (new)

Anne | 68 comments I'm reading The Last Summer by Mary Jane Staples. It is just a light read, part of the Adams family saga which has quite a few books and I've read one of them but they read ok as stand alone books too. The Last Summer by Mary Jane Staples

message 7: by Tara (new)

Tara | 35 comments I'm reading A Darker Shade of Magic ( A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1) by V.E. Schwab by V. E. Schwab.

message 8: by Amara, Group Creator (new)

Amara Tanith (aftanith) | 733 comments Our August poll is now available for voting here. Choose from favorites revisited, books set in India, author debuts, and books with characters who share your job!

message 9: by Amara, Group Creator (new)

Amara Tanith (aftanith) | 733 comments The power went out here for about a half-hour, so I decided to knock out something quick for this month's theme! I went with Truth or Dare; it was a very cute (albeit predictable) ghostly children's mystery. It'd definitely be a good Halloween or sleepover read for kids.

message 10: by Shomeret (last edited Jun 19, 2017 04:49PM) (new)

Shomeret | 69 comments I recently read The British Lion by Tony Schumacher which I won in a Goodreads giveaway last year. It's the second book in an alternate history series in which the Nazis won WWII and are occupying England. The alternate continuity was well developed and the characterization was excellent.