Start by marking “Truth or Dare (You're Invited to a Creepover, #1)” as Want to Read:
Truth or Dare (You're Invited to a Creepover, #1)

Truth or Dare

(You're Invited to a Creepover #1)

During a round of Truth or Dare, Abby Miller confesses her crush on Jake Chilson. The only people who know her secret are her friends at the sleepover—and whoever sent her a text message in the middle of the night warning her to stay away from Jake…or else!
But Abby isn’t going to stay away from Jake, especially not after he asks her to the school dance.
As the night of th
Published June 7th 2011 by Simon Spotlight (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Truth or Dare, please sign up.

Start your review of Truth or Dare (You're Invited to a Creepover, #1)
Wendi Lee
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
*3.5 stars*

This is a fun start to a scary late elementary aged series. I never read the Goosebumps series when I was a kid, but I imagine this is similar, only geared more towards girls. There's a lot of talk about crushes and hotties, so I don't think it will appeal to my eight old son at all ... but my daughter might like it in a few years. I also liked the scary, but not too scary vibe. Perfect for its intended demographic.
Wee Shubba's World
I am not the target age for this book. It's aim at young girls between 9-12 but I have to say I really did enjoy it and looking forward to reading more of the Creepover books.

Truth or Dare is about Abby, a young girl who at a sleepover plays truth or dare with friends and she picks truth and ends up revealing to her friends who she has a crush on. However, in the middle of the night she receives a creepy text message telling her to stay away from her crush, Jake. Soon Abby feels like lots of cre
Coco C
Nov 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Abby Miller is having a sleepover with her friends,at the sleepover they play truth or dare. Abby gets dared too tell her friends who she likes and she told them she liked Jake. Then later in the night she gets a text from an unknown number.The message reads "STAY AWAY FROM JAKE OR...ELSE".Abby can't explaine what's going on because who else would hear Abby say she like Jake beside the girl's at the sleepover.She talk's to them and they all say the told "NO ONE" so who could it be?. Abby starts ...more
Matt
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was really well done. It’s reminiscent of Goosebumps and other Point horror novels from the 90’s. I grew up on those books and still love them to this day. The main difference being the contemporary setting and technological advancements as well as being targeted toward young girls. The writing was solid and the plot was effective. I also enjoyed the ambiguous ending. I’ll definitely check out some of these in the series. This was a very pleasant surprise.
Carly
Apr 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You're invited to a creepover and what a chillfest it was. I loved this book, I'm not the intended audience but that didn't matter at all. What an all round fun, girly read. If you are a fan of the old Goosebumps series, like me, then you will probably enjoy this.

Abby Miller and her friends have a sleepover at Abby's house. In a game of truth or dare Abby admits to having a crush on a guy called Jake. From then on in very creepy things start to happen to Abby. One text message to Abby's phone wa
Hayley
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I thought it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I couldn't put it down. I read it EVERYWHERE!!!!! It's about a girl named Abby Miller,she is being haunted. She recognized she was being haunted at her sleepover.Her first suspect is one of her friends,then she begins thinking could it be a ghost?After Jake Chilson, Abby's crush asks her to the school dance. When they arrive at the school dance they recognized it was a memorial to Sara. Sara is Jake Chilson's old girlfriend but she died after being hit by a car. ...more
Bookish Devil
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm really starting to enjoy this series. This book isn't limited for the middle-grade children alone. Even Young adults would find this one to be entertaining. There is never a dull moment and the scary turn of events in Abby Miller's life will definitely keep you on the edges. You will find yourself immersed in the story and will be as focused as Abby to find out root cause of the mystery. Each book of this series is a standalone. There is no connection whatsoever between the books (except for ...more
Stephanie (Stepping Out Of The Page)
If I was younger, I would have absolutely loved this book. Even though I'm not in the target age range for this books (probably 8-12 year old), this was a guilty pleasure for me! This was a simple story with a hint of creepiness that would be fantastic for children, young teens or any reluctant readers.

When I was younger, I really enjoyed reading books such as The Sleepover Club and Goosebumps, and if the Creepover series was available then, it would've been a sure hit with me! Truth or Dare cer
Alex (Hey Little Thrifter)
Most of the children's books that I read as an adult are ones from my childhood era of the 1980s and 1990s so it was interesting to try something more contemporary. So while this didn't have a nostalgic aspect for me it was a cute and fun read. This series seems like a great entry point for kids who would like to dip their toes into spooky stories.
Chrissy
May 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
**Disclosure** I read this book, for free, from S&S Galley Grab. While I always appreciate a free book for review, my opinions are in no way influenced by the free-ness lol**

Truth or Dare by PJ Night.

I admit, first off, that I opted to read this selection from Galley Grab because I liked the cover once I looked it up here on Goodreads. It's cute, youthful, fun, and hints at spookiness, like an updated Fear Street or Goosebumps from back in the day. (Speaking of which, I really loved that one whe
Riley
Oct 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome book!You should read it when you want a good little scare.I like how on the back of the book it has a "scare-o meter" and on the meter it has things like sleep like a baby, hide under the covers, sleep with the lights on, sleep with one eye open, and never sleep again.This one was rated sleep with the lights on.I just loved this book and I would recommend it to anyone who likes a good little scare.Again I say that this book is awesome and Iwould like to read the rest of the s ...more
Leinissa T
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book. It was about this girl named Abby Miller. She had a sleepover at her house with her friends. In the part when they where playing truth or dare, Abby confess her crush was Jake Chilson. After that creepy thing stared to happen to Abby like her phone was by her when she went to sleep but when she woke up in middle of the night she got creepy text message and the creepy part is when her phone was by the stairs. It gets a little bit creepy when you start to read the book.

I re
Jismeily
amazing people should read it it was spooky
Hayden
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn't think it was very scary personally, but it was really easy to read and I thought it was a good book.
Jessica Williamson
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

This book was so darn good. I have been reading more and more mid-grade (I share books with my nieces and I won't let them read it unless I have first, they're 10-13) and this one was just scary enough to make it fun.

From what I understand this series is similar to the Goosebumps novels of my childhood in that the characters will change with each novel. Which on one hand is good because there's basically 20+ books in this series and if that much creepy stuff happened to a group on young g
Hayley
Jan 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
Wow that was lame. I'm way too old for this book but I don't think I would enjoy it even if I was in middle school. Why the helllll is a little girl doing a seance to try and talk to a dead girl? Also Leah seems to really suck as a friend and a person, Abby should probably not be friends with her, Leah is clearly a toxic friend. And that was probably the scariest part of this book, which is super disappointing. Abby is way too forgiving of everyone that did her wrong, like come on girl, you can' ...more
Branavi
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I read this book when I was about 10 but totally would read it again! I wanted to read the full Creepover series but got to finish maybe around 5 books in total. To me, the best part about these books were the twists that you knew were coming but never had any idea of what it would be. I feel like my most favourite one was the first book of P.J. Night's Creepover series because I could really feel, what they were feeling. I was addicted to each page and really didn't want to put the book down.
Victoria B.
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good somewhat-scary story that's good for kids aged 7-12. The age of the main characters didn't seem obvious (or I missed the clues), but they seem a little young to already be having boyfriends or previously dating before the death of a classmate. If they're a little older, then the language is borderline elementary. But overall, interesting plot.
typewriterdeluxe
This is the first Creepover book I've picked up. The series seems to be 'Goosebumps for girls.' Although I didn't particularly like this book, I'll read a few more before passing judgment on the series as a whole.
Charlotte Mackowycz
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Reine
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Who was your favorite character (and why)?
Abby Miller: she was fun and scary and not afraid she was mysterious.
and Leah: she was funny and kind and shy and cute.

What surprised you?
the end when they thought it was Sara who was
texting those creepy messages but it was...

SAMANTHA

Would you change the ending? Why/why not?
NO, Because I love creepy stories and the ending
was creepy.
Jocelyn Whorton
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I think this book is really good for if you are just wanting a light read. The book isn’t really anything serious and I feel that it is more for a younger audience. I did enjoy it though.
Kkaebsong
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Okay, I can see how I thought this was scary in fifth grade, and for that reason, I'll give it a two because I really enjoyed it back then.
Dana Decker
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very cute book.
Jen
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute
Shianna Parsons
It was a chill leaving on your arms type of book. I think that it is one of the best in that series.
Stephanee
Feb 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-read-2020
Great step up from Goosebumps. The situations are a bit more modern than GB and the vocabulary a step up as well. Series.
gabi
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
i regret giving these books away :(
Hannah
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-have
These used to really scare me when i was younger lmaoo
Tessa
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A super cute read, and actually a little spooky for the age it's targeted for. I really enjoyed the moral, so overall a great book for girls. This is a series of 20+ and the scariness is supposed to "increase" as the series goes along, so I might give book two a chance!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Who has read this book? 2 5 Jan 06, 2014 10:07AM

• All the Lovely Bad Ones
  • The Secret of the Fairies (Thea Stilton: Special Edition #2)
  • The Storybook of Legends (Ever After High, #1)
  • The Fear Zone
  • Creep
  • Zombie Dog (Rotten Apple #2)
  • Guts
  • The Snowman
  • Zack & Zoey's Alien Apocalypse -or- Alien Busting Ninja Adventure (Zack & Zoey #1)
  • The Secret of the Snow (Thea Stilton: Special Edition #3)
  • The Graveyard Plot
  • Strays
  • 100 Things to Do in Oklahoma City Before You Die
  • The Body in the Woods (Point Last Seen, #1)
  • The Secret of the Crystal Fairies (Thea Stilton Special Edition #7): A Geronimo Stilton Adventure
  • Tornado Hits!: A Branches Book (Hilde Cracks the Case #5)
  • Never Have I Ever (The Lying Game, #2)
  • JoJo and BowBow: JoJo and BowBow Take the Stage (JoJo Siwa)
P.J. Night Revealed
Revealing Questions

Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
A. Reading, writing, and scaring up new ideas!

Q. What is your motto or maxim?
A. There are mysteries everywhere . . . you just have to know where to look.

Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
A. Sitting with my cat on my lap and reading a book I just can't put down.

Q. What’s your greatest fear?
A. Flowers

You're Invited to a Creepover (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • You Can't Come in Here! (You're Invited to a Creepover, #2)
  • Ready for a Scare? (You're Invited to a Creepover, #3)
  • The Show Must Go On! (You're Invited to a Creepover, #4)
  • There's Something Out There (You're Invited to a Creepover, #5)
  • Best Friends Forever (You're Invited to a Creepover, #6)
  • Is She for Real? (You're Invited to a Creepover, #7)
  • Together Forever (You're Invited to a Creepover, #8)
  • No Trick-or-Treating!: Superscary Superspecial (You're Invited to a Creepover, #9)
  • It's All Downhill from Here (You're Invited to a Creepover, #10)
  • Don't Drink the Punch! (You're Invited to a Creepover, #11)