75 Books...More or Less! discussion

Archive (2017 RWYO) > Kayla's Read What You Own Challnge

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments I know I'm late in starting this (I just joined the group last week), but I would like to read 30 books this year that I own (Kindle and physical). I know that may not seem like a lot, but I'm not counting ARCs from NetGalley, or Edelweiss, which is mostly all I read.

message 2: by Kayla (last edited Jun 06, 2017 08:09PM) (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments 1. The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) by Rick Riordan Finished January 28th

message 3: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments 2. Drums of Autumn (Outlander, #4) by Diana Gabaldon Finished February 23rd

message 4: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments 3. Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare finished March 13th

message 5: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments 4. A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4) by George R.R. Martin finished April 2nd.

message 6: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments 5. The Summoning (Sisters of Isis, #1) by Lynne Ewing finished April 6th

message 7: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments 6. iFeel (Vis Vires Trilogy, #1) by Marissa Carmel finished April 23rd

message 8: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments 7. Making the Best of the Zombie Apocalypse by Alisha Adkins finished April 27th

message 9: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments 8. Vampire Island (Hunters, #1) by Sandra Cox finished April 28th

message 10: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments 9. B.Oar Guests (Caverns and Creatures) by Robert Bevan finished May 2nd

message 11: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments 10. Sophie's Secret (Whispers, #1) by Tara West finished May 8th

message 12: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments 11. Lazarus by Lori Titus finished May 9th

message 13: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments 12. Wererat by Jonathan P. Brazee finished May 10th

message 14: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments 13. Dr. Lane Bravo's Lectures on Bervin "The Blue" by Chris Sweigard finished May 11th

message 15: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments 14. The Portal by Alan Zendell finished May 15th

message 16: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments 15. Highmage's Plight (Highmage's Plight #1) by D.H. Aire finished May 21st

message 17: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments 16. Island of Tory (Island of Tory, #1) by Regina M. Geither finished May 28th

message 18: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments 17. Leave Me Alone, I'm Reading Finding and Losing Myself in Books by Maureen Corrigan finished June 1st

message 19: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 7812 comments Mod
You're doing well!

message 20: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments Elyse wrote: "You're doing well!"

Thanks!

message 21: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments 18. Ender's Game (Ender's Saga, #1) by Orson Scott Card finished June 8th.

message 22: by Kayla (last edited Jul 17, 2017 04:32AM) (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments 19. The Stand by Stephen King finished July 11th

message 23: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

Kayla wrote: "The Stand by Stephen King finished July 11th"

Just picked this up at my library's book sale!

message 24: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments Elyse wrote: "Kayla wrote: "The Stand by Stephen King finished July 11th"

Just picked this up at my library's book sale!"

It's so good. At first I was worried about the size, but it was worth every minute, even if it did take quite a bit longer to read than my average books do.

message 25: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

Kayla wrote: "Elyse wrote: "Kayla wrote: "The Stand by Stephen King finished July 11th"

It's so good. At first I was worried about the size, but it was worth ..."

Yeah, I think it's something I'm going to take my time with. I won't be carting it around. lol

message 26: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments Elyse wrote: "Kayla wrote: "Elyse wrote: "Kayla wrote: "The Stand by Stephen King finished July 11th"

It's so good. At first I was worried about the size, but..."

I was fortunate enough to read it on Kindle. So much easier to carry around. Lol.

message 27: by Kayla (last edited Jul 17, 2017 04:32AM) (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments 20. The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower, #1) by Stephen King finished July 16th.

message 28: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

Kayla wrote: "20. The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower, #1) by Stephen King finished July 16th."

I just read it as well! Very weird. lol

message 29: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments Elyse wrote: "Kayla wrote: "20. The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower, #1) by Stephen King finished July 16th."

I just read it as well! Very weird. lol"

I wasn't a fan at all, but I'm moving on to the second book because my husband said it's so much better.

message 30: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

Kayla wrote: "Elyse wrote: "Kayla wrote: "20. The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower, #1) by Stephen King finished July 16th."

I just read it as well! Very weird. lol"

I wasn't a fan at all, but I'm moving on to the second book because ..."

haha ditto!

message 31: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments 21. The Drawing of the Three (The Dark Tower, #2) by Stephen King finished August 12th.

message 32: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments 22. It by Stephen King finished August 28th.

message 33: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments 23. Cujo by Stephen King finished September 2nd. I'm kind of on a Stephen King kick if you can't tell, and my husband owns most of his books.

message 34: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments 24. The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3) by Rick Riordan finished September 3rd.

message 35: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

I plan on only reading Stephen King in October! I've only read like 4 of his books and I own over 15!

message 36: by Shelby (new)

Shelby Suderman | 1807 comments I reading two King novels, and I've got at least two more I need to get to this year!

message 37: by Shelby (new)

Shelby Suderman | 1807 comments Kayla wrote: "21. The Drawing of the Three (The Dark Tower, #2) by Stephen King finished August 12th."

In retrospect, having finished the series, I'd say that was my favourite.

message 38: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments Elyse wrote: "I plan on only reading Stephen King in October! I've only read like 4 of his books and I own over 15!"

I'd like to finish all of his books by the end of next year.

message 39: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments Shelby wrote: "I reading two King novels, and I've got at least two more I need to get to this year!"

Which two are you currently reading?

message 40: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments Shelby wrote: "Kayla wrote: "21. The Drawing of the Three (The Dark Tower, #2) by Stephen King finished August 12th."

In retrospect, having finished the series, I'd say that was my favourite."

I'm hoping to finish the series by the end of the year. We'll see though.

message 41: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 233 comments 25. Finished Firestarter by Stephen King September 10th.

message 42: by Shelby (new)

Shelby Suderman | 1807 comments I'm reading Firestarter right now and making my way through Skelleton Crew (really hoping to finish that soon). And now I'm finally working my way through the rest of Four Past Midnight via audio. I also desperately need to get to Different Seasons and Pet Sematary this year.

message 43: by Shelby (new)

Shelby Suderman | 1807 comments Kayla wrote: "Shelby wrote: "Kayla wrote: "21. The Drawing of the Three (The Dark Tower, #2) by Stephen King finished August 12th."

In retrospect, having finished the series, I'd say that was my favourite."

I'm hoping to finish t..."

I had read The Gunslinger ages ago. I decided to read 2-4 last year and 5-7 this year. I just have The Wind Through the Keyhole left, but there's a bunch of his I gotta get to first.