What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Post apocalyptic novel, MC has stocked hidden bunker and helps out locals after disaster. [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Harry (new)

Harry | 4 comments Main character lives outside a town and has a hidden bunker built under the house. He is part of a government organization that has stationed secret agents across the u.s. in similar houses with the mission of assisting locals if a disaster should occur. Bunker contains food and medical supplies.

A disaster does occur and the novel is about his actions in trying to help.

May have been published in the last ten years or so.

message 2: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1039 comments Hello Harry, I'm just going to make a wild guess here:

Wool Omnibus

since I'm far from being an expert when it comes to this genre. Hopefully more people will see your post and be more helpful than I've been.

message 3: by Harry (new)

Harry | 4 comments Laurie wrote: "Hello Harry, I'm just going to make a wild guess here:

Wool Omnibus

since I'm far from being an expert when it comes to this genre. Hopefully more people will see your post and be..."

Thanks Laurie but not it. I might have to give that one a look though.

This one just had like a sub basement and it was compromised early on by a young child and from then on he had to make do without all his supplies and plans.

message 4: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1039 comments You're not thinking of Under the Dome by any chance are you?

I remember seeing an episode on the old Twilight Zone series with this theme as well.

Have you checked Listopia yet? There should be a lot of great lists there that could help you.

Good luck finding your book Harry :D

message 5: by Keith (new)

Keith | 223 comments It might help to put more information in the title, e.g. "Post-apocalyptic novel about government agent living in secret bunker".

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy | 15 comments If it had zombie like plague victims look over series.

The Remaining

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Keith wrote: "It might help to put more information in the title, e.g. "Post-apocalyptic novel about government agent living in secret bunker"."

Yes, absolutely this will help.

message 8: by Harry (new)

Harry | 4 comments Amy wrote: "If it had zombie like plague victims look over series.

The Remaining"

Amy, that is it! I appreciate your help in re-finding it.

Harry

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Details added to header. This could help future members looking for the same book.

message 10: by Harry (new)

Harry | 4 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Details added to header. This could help future members looking for the same book."

Thank you Lobstergirl.

Harry