What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Boy falls asleep and travels in time, gets attacked by tiger. Fiction or sci-fi contains possible spoilers. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 3 comments I read this book at school about 5 or so years ago. Its about a boy who falls asleep and wakes up in what he thinks is the past. He wakes up in a cave with a healer (i think) and stays to help the village. His family think he is in a coma and cant wake him up. I remeber one of the children dies from being bitten by a spider and he gets attacked by a tiger. He finds out in the end when he wakes up it was the future and not the past.

That probably doesn't make any sense but if anyone knows what it might be please let me know 😆 its been driving me insane!

message 2: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2357 comments Lauren, any idea if the book was new at the time you read it, or older? Do you remember how old the boy was? Or where he was when he fell asleep (e.g., at home in bed, at school, outside)?

Also you might want to edit the title of your post to include some of these details ("boy falls asleep wakes in future spider bite tiger") -- that helps people scanning the list of posts to know if they might be able to help.

message 3: by Sue (new)

Sue Elleker | 768 comments Probably not the Transall Saga?

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Jun 03, 2017 01:46PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
The Transall Saga the click for Sue's suggestion.

Also, I've added the Possible spoilers ahead warning in your title, since you said it was only at the end that he discovers that he's in the future.

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 3 comments I'm pretty sure it wasn't new at the time I was reading it. The boy was around 13 when he fell asleep at home. He woke up about a year after with the scratches on his legs from the tiger.

It's not the transall saga but thanks anyway 😊

Thanks everyone for your help!

message 6: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 875 comments Could it be Rocco by Sherryl Jordan? I can't remember a tiger or spider but the time travel and healer parts seem to match my memory :)

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 3 comments yes!!!!! that's it!!! thank you so much 😁😁

message 8: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 875 comments So pleased I could help. I remember loving this one when I read it at school - although that was a lot longer than 5 years ago for me! :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Rocco (other topics)
The Transall Saga (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sherryl Jordan (other topics)