Genre Specific Review Groups discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Genre Review Groups > Another Science Fiction Review Group (Closed)

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by L.N. (last edited Jun 06, 2017 02:02PM) (new)

L.N. Denison | 758 comments Mod
In joining this review group you have agreed to review the novels assigned to you on a two month schedule. The sign up phase is over and the review stage is starting.

This is SciFi review round, which will include all types of novels classified as SciFi. As with other review groups, you will be expected to read and give an honest review of the book assigned to you. Assignments will be made after the group sign-up has filled.

Participants are expected to post reviews to Goodreads. If the Goodreads review is positive (three stars or higher), the review should be posted to Amazon at the same star level, if the book is available there. This makes having accounts with both Goodreads and Amazon.com a requirement.

This topic will be updated with the list of authors as they sign up with their names and Goodreads links to their books. First come; first serve. This is an authors only peer review group.

THE AUTHORS AND BOOKS ARE:

1 E.M. Swift-Hook-Trust A Few: Haruspex Trilogy: Part One Trust A Few Haruspex Trilogy Part One by E.M. Swift-Hook

2 L.N. Denison-Only the Few Only the Few by L.N. Denison

3 Scott Spotson-Life II Life II by Scott Spotson

4 Ryan Troske-The Rising The Rising (Supernaturals Book 1) by Ryan Troske

5 Jeffery Smith- Perfect Timing Perfect Timing by Jeffery J. Smith

6 Luke E.T. Hindmarsh-Mercury's Son Mercury's Son by Luke E.T. Hindmarsh

7 K.T. Munson-Unfathomable Chance Unfathomable Chance by K.T. Munson

8 Gregory Ness-Antioch Antioch (The Sword of Agrippa #1) by Gregory Ness

9 G.J. Griffiths-They're Recycling Aliens They're Recycling Aliens (Kweezy Capolza Books, #2) by G.J. Griffiths

10 Theodore Koukouvitis-Technodiversity Technodiversity by Theodore Koukouvitis

11 Carol Holland March-The Tyro: The Dreamwalkers of Larreta, Book 1 The Tyro The Dreamwalkers of Larreta, Book 1 by Carol Holland March

12 Paul Weil-Themis Themis by Paul Weil

message 3: by L.N. (new)

Consider yourself entered.

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott Spotson (scottspotson) | 272 comments Life II, please. Life II

message 5: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Troske | 93 comments The Rising
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

E.M. Has previously reviewed my book, and Scott is scheduled to do so in a different review group.

message 6: by Scott (new)

Scott Spotson (scottspotson) | 272 comments Sorry Ryan are you sure you got the right Scott? I don't remember being scheduled to review your book in another group.

message 7: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Troske | 93 comments Sorry, that was backwards. I'm reviewing a book of yours in another group.

message 8: by L.N. (new)

Ryan wrote: "Sorry, that was backwards. I'm reviewing a book of yours in another group."

If needs be, you might have to review another one of Scott's books, is that okay?

message 9: by Scott (new)

Scott Spotson (scottspotson) | 272 comments Sorry, I'm confused. I'm in groups 138, 141, and 142 in the Reading Rounds discussion group, and all three are still in stages of completion. I don't see your name, Ryan. Maybe you're thinking of someone else? I'm happy to have you, it's just that maybe there's no conflict after all?

message 10: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Troske | 93 comments Trust me, it is you. I'm set to read Seeking Dr. Magic in YA review group 12.

message 11: by L.N. (new)

I tell you what? Why don't I just keep you away from each other when it comes to setting up.the rounds? Makes more sense!

message 12: by Scott (new)

Scott Spotson (scottspotson) | 272 comments Sorry, you're right Ryan! I apologize for being so clueless. Sure, either way is fine! I'm happy to have Ryan review me, or someone else. There may be some conflicts in this group already, so I'm totally fine with Ryan, just trying to clear up any obstacles. Also, I now know that the other book is Seeking Dr. Magic, so that means Life II for this round is all clear for him! Hurrah.

message 13: by Jeffery (new)

Jeffery J. | 59 comments Thanks for the note, LN, saying sign up here. Here be my entry:Perfect Timing

message 14: by Luke (new)

Luke Hindmarsh Hi L.N.,

Am I too late to join? If not, here's my entry.

Thanks.

Mercury's Son

message 15: by L.N. (new)

Luke wrote: "Hi L.N.,

Am I too late to join? If not, here's my entry.

Thanks.

Mercury's Son"

You are the last entry Luke, we now have our 6 =).

message 16: by L.N. (new)

I will schedule the round tomorrow, but in the meantime, can you confirm if there are any conflicts? i.e has anyone read any of the authors that have joined this round.

My only conflict is E.M, but if needs be, I can read another one of her books. I have a feeling we'll be fine.

message 17: by Luke (last edited Jun 04, 2017 01:49PM) (new)

Luke Hindmarsh Thanks very much, L.N. I haven't read any of the other authors' work before.

message 18: by E.M. (new)

E.M. Swift-Hook | 115 comments I have read Ryan and Scott has read me and so have you! I think that is all :)

message 19: by Scott (new)

Scott Spotson (scottspotson) | 272 comments And as discussed already, Ryan is reading me in another of the genre specific review groups, but mine is a different book. E.M. covered everything else for me in her message above, from my perspective.

Don't know the other authors. Thanks!

message 20: by K.T. (new)

K.T. Munson | 278 comments I'd love to join this group with Unfathomable Chance.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Thanks!
K.T.

message 21: by K.T. (new)

K.T. Munson | 278 comments If I can join, I've read Ryan's and EM has read mine. LN, you read a different of my books so you can read this one too I think. ☺️

message 22: by L.N. (new)

With 8 members of this round, I should be able to skirt around any conflicts. I shall set up the round tomorrow...thanks guys!

message 23: by L.N. (last edited Jun 05, 2017 03:56PM) (new)

K.T. wrote: "If I can join, I've read Ryan's and EM has read mine. LN, you read a different of my books so you can read this one too I think. ☺️"

You're in! I have 8 people. I think we can avoid any issues =D.

message 24: by Jeffery (new)

Jeffery J. | 59 comments L.N. wrote: "With 8 members of this round, I should be able to skirt around any conflicts. I shall set up the round tomorrow...thanks guys!"

Thanks, LN. Looking forward to the round. Best,

message 25: by Carol (new)

Carol March | 42 comments Do you accept sci fi/fantasy/romance crossovers?

message 26: by L.N. (new)

Unfortunately Carol this round is now closed. If you start another thread wanting to do a scifi round, people will come. And to answer your question, anyghing scifi can be included =D

message 27: by Gregory (new)

Gregory | 46 comments Thanks LN! I've found the group. ttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33124455

message 28: by L.N. (new)

Any conflicts that you can see, Gregory?

message 29: by L.N. (new)

Carol wrote: "Do you accept sci fi/fantasy/romance crossovers?"

Carol, I will be opening another round, as this proving very popular. Hold fire!

message 30: by L.N. (new)

L.N. wrote: "Unfortunately Carol this round is now closed. If you start another thread wanting to do a scifi round, people will come. And to answer your question, anything scifi can be included =D"

Carol, send me the link for your book, I will add you.

message 31: by L.N. (new)

Two more people, then I can start scheduling. As so many people are interested in this SciFi round, I will be opening up two groups.

message 32: by Carol (new)

Carol March | 42 comments L.N. wrote: "L.N. wrote: "Unfortunately Carol this round is now closed. If you start another thread wanting to do a scifi round, people will come. And to answer your question, anything scifi can be included =D"..."

Thanks! I'd like to offer the first book in my Dreamwalkers of Larreta trilogy. The Tyro. http://amzn.to/2cFXhsK

message 33: by L.N. (new)

We now have our 12. No more submissions from this point on. I'll be setting up two separate threads from this sign-up page. Apart from the obvious, are there any other conflicts? If not, I shall get started.

message 34: by L.N. (new)

L.N. wrote: "In joining this review group you have agreed to review the novels assigned to you on a two month schedule. The sign up phase is over and the review stage is starting.

This is SciFi review round, w..."

E.M, Jeffery, Luke, Gregory, Theodore and Carol, this is the link to your round:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 35: by L.N. (new)

I will be setting up the other round shortly, so please be patient =)!

message 36: by L.N. (new)

Paul, G.J, K.T, Ryan, Scott and me, this is the link for our round:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.