NHCPL Reads discussion

What Are You Reading? > June 2017: What Are You Reading This Month?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by New Hanover (new)

New Hanover County Public Library | 42 comments Mod
Happy June!

What books are you taking with you to the beach?

message 2: by Annice (new)

Annice (asevett) | 37 comments I just started reading The Marsh King's Daughter. It took a while to get into the story but I like how it tells the story of the narrator's past and the present in alternate chapters.

message 3: by Carla (new)

Carla (writeon1913) Finished listening to Rich People Problems by Kevin Kwan this weekend! I love listening to these books far more than if I read them. Cannot wait to see the movie next year for Crazy Rich Asians!

I am also reading Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult. Great read so far.

Yesterday I started reading Never Caught: The Washingtons' Relentless Pursuit of Their Runaway Slave, Ona Judge which came out earlier this year. I learned of Ona Judge last year after reading The Invisibles: The Untold Story of African American Slaves in the White House and am glad to get a chance to learn more about her and her life as well as her escape.

message 4: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Hodder | 4 comments At lunch I started reading The Red-Haired Woman by Nobel Prize winner Orhan Pamuk, because it showed up in the last book of galleys. I don't know where it's going, but I'm going to keep reading because the writing is beautiful.