What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Leap Through Time: Earthquake
This topic is about Leap Through Time
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Picture book about earthquake/tsunami affecting a city throughout the day. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Callum (new) - added it

Callum Andrews | 2 comments Going through childhood reads and cannot for the life of me remember this one.

Read a decade ago. when I was around ten.

The book is a fully illustrated picture book probably aimed at older children (8-12). It featured a city feeling the affects of a huge earthquake throughout the day. Each full spread would detail a different area of the city or city surroundings at a different time of day. The different times were tabbed on one edge of the book's pages so you could go to any segment.

I have a memory of the city being set in an Asian country, possibly Japan, though my memory could be faulty in this regard.

Specific scenes I remember were a city street during the morning (when the earthquake hit), a country/suburb scene demonstrating road buckling, and a return to the same city street at night where a fire has broken out among some of the buildings.

Google searches have turned up nil despite how specific I get (the recent earthquakes in New Zealand and Japan have definitely affected these searches) so any suggestions would be great news, thanks.

message 2: by Heather (new) - added it

Heather | 179 comments I'm a geologist by degrees, so wow, this sounds interesting to me, even if it is a children's book! I hope you find it, and let us know what it is!

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35128 comments Mod
Leap Through Time: Earthquake by Nicholas Harris seems to match your description.

Google search -- site:www.goodreads.com children illustrations "earthquake" "day" city

Callum, is this picture book about 32-48 pages with little or no text?

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Callum, was Kris' suggestion your book. It sure sounds like it from the book description. I'm looking forward to reading this myself.

Also, if this isn't your book, you can bump your thread every month or so. That action will bring your thread to the top of the list in the Unsolved folder. More people will see it, and perhaps know your book.

message 5: by Callum (new) - added it

Callum Andrews | 2 comments Yes that is it, thank you Kris!

Sorry for the late reply, I have been away from my home country for the past few months and completely forgot about goodreads.

I have shelved this under 'Solved.'

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35128 comments Mod
No worries, Callum. Glad you found your book!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Leap Through Time: Earthquake (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Nicholas Harris (other topics)