A Stitcher's Book Club discussion

Archives > What did you read in June!?

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Jul 01, 2017 11:35AM) (new)

Heather | 131 comments What did you read in June!? Tell us what you read and we will populate this thread with covers of your reads.
Last month we read 40 books! With summer starting this month, do you think we can beat that number? Or will fun in the sun win out?

The Obelisk Gate (The Broken Earth, #2) by N.K. Jemisin Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, #4) by Janet Evanovich Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle, #1) by Christopher Paolini Rebel Spring (Falling Kingdoms, #2) by Morgan Rhodes The Crown (The Selection, #5) by Kiera Cass The Ring and the Crown (The Ring and the Crown, #1) by Melissa de la Cruz In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate The Red Queen (The Plantagenet and Tudor Novels, #3) by Philippa Gregory My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier x3 The Siren by Kiera Cass Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen x3 Valiant Ambition George Washington, Benedict Arnold, and the Fate of the American Revolution by Nathaniel Philbrick Nailbiter #1 by Joshua Williamson The Spirit Chaser by Kat Mayor What We Talk About When We Talk About Clone Club by Gregory Pence Stone Cold (Camel Club, #3) by David Baldacci New Moon (Twilight, #2) by Stephenie Meyer Betrayal at Little Gibraltar A German Fortress, a Treacherous American General, and the Battle to End World War I by William Walker Wonder Woman Her Greatest Battles by Geoff Johns The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins Sycamore Row by John Grisham The Silent Sister (Riley MacPherson, #1) by Diane Chamberlain Unhooked by Lisa Maxwell Eclipse (Twilight, #3) by Stephenie Meyer P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #2) by Jenny Han If Not for You (New Beginnings, #3) by Debbie Macomber Killing Floor (Jack Reacher, #1) by Lee Child The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (Oz, #1) by L. Frank Baum A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking, #2) by Patrick Ness The Battle Of Forever by A.E. van Vogt Samurai Deeper Kyo, Volume 07 by Akimine Kamijyo Samurai Deeper Kyo, Volume 08 by Akimine Kamijyo Samurai Deeper Kyo, Volume 09 by Akimine Kamijyo Samurai Deeper Kyo, Volume 10 by Akimine Kamijyo Samurai Deeper Kyo, Volume 11 by Akimine Kamijyo Samurai Deeper Kyo, Volume 12 by Akimine Kamijyo Samurai Deeper Kyo, Volume 13 by Akimine Kamijyo Samurai Deeper Kyo, Volume 14 by Akimine Kamijyo Samurai Deeper Kyo, Volume 15 by Akimine Kamijyo Samurai Deeper Kyo, Volume 16 by Akimine Kamijyo Samurai Deeper Kyo, Volume 17 by Akimine Kamijyo Samurai Deeper Kyo, Volume 18 by Akimine Kamijyo Samurai Deeper Kyo, Volume 19 by Akimine Kamijyo Samurai Deeper Kyo, Volume 20 by Akimine Kamijyo Samurai Deeper Kyo, Volume 21 by Akimine Kamijyo Samurai Deeper Kyo, Volume 22  by Akimine Kamijyo Fables, Vol. 1 Legends in Exile by Bill Willingham Fables, Vol. 2 Animal Farm by Bill Willingham Fables, Vol. 3 Storybook Love by Bill Willingham Fables, Vol. 4 March of the Wooden Soldiers by Bill Willingham Fables, Vol. 5 The Mean Seasons by Bill Willingham Buried (Twisted Cedar Mysteries, #1) by C.J. Carmichael Forgotten (Twisted Cedar Mysteries, #2) by C.J. Carmichael Exposed (Twisted Cedar Mysteries, #3) by C.J. Carmichael On the Edge (The Edge, #1) by Ilona Andrews Bayou Moon (The Edge, #2) by Ilona Andrews Heartless (Parasol Protectorate, #4) by Gail Carriger Timeless (Parasol Protectorate, #5) by Gail Carriger Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4) by Stephenie Meyer Every Body Yoga Let Go of Fear. Get On the Mat. Love Your Body. by Jessamyn Stanley To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han

message 2: by Eden (new)

Eden | 661 comments Mod
I'm leaving on a cruise tomorrow, and I am hoping to get a LOT of reading done on the beach :D

Memphistigergal | 166 comments Just finished the Obelisk Gate by N.K. Jemisin. I was reading it becauae it was a finalist in the SFF awards. I read book one and it was difficult to get through. I made it through this one, but just didnt like it. If you are into high fantasy, a lot of people recommend it. The writing was good, but the plot and the world were so weird. 3 star.

Memphistigergal | 166 comments Listened to Four to Score by Janet Evanovich and Eragon (inheritance #1). Finished reading Rebel Springs. I gave them all 4 stars.

Memphistigergal | 166 comments Finished listening to the crown by kiera cass. Much better than book #4

message 6: by Eden (new)

Eden | 661 comments Mod
I'm finishing up The Ring and the Crown by Melissa de la Cruz right now :)

message 7: by Eden (new)

Eden | 661 comments Mod
Memphistigergal wrote: "Listened to Four to Score by Janet Evanovich and Eragon (inheritance #1). Finished reading Rebel Springs. I gave them all 4 stars."

The Fallen Kingdoms series is probably on of my top 5 favorite series! It's so good! I'm going to be starting Crystal Storm soon :)

message 8: by Heather (new)

Memphistigergal | 166 comments Im working my way through the Falling Kingdoms. Love it so far. Just finished Fallen by Lauren Kate. I give it a 3.5 star. It was your typical YA paranormal novel, but I really did enjoy it.

message 10: by Memphistigergal (new)

Memphistigergal | 166 comments Just finished The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory. This was a re read for me. I appreciated it much more the 2nd time around.

message 11: by Memphistigergal (new)

Memphistigergal | 166 comments Just finished The Siren by Kiera Cass. It was a unique concept, but you could tell in the writing that it was her first novel. It was an easy, brainless read. Gave it 3 stars.

message 12: by Heather (new)

Heather | 131 comments Oops, forgot to post I finished My Cousin Rachel a few days ago. But we'll talk about that next month, since it's one of our book club reads!

message 13: by Heather (new)

Heather | 131 comments Finished a few more: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen Valiant Ambition George Washington, Benedict Arnold, and the Fate of the American Revolution by Nathaniel Philbrick Nailbiter #1 by Joshua Williamson

message 14: by Heather (new)

Heather | 131 comments Finished The Spirit Chaser. It was terrible.

message 15: by Heather (new)

Heather | 131 comments What We Talk About When We Talk About Clone Club by Gregory Pence . Boooo

message 16: by Memphistigergal (new)

Memphistigergal | 166 comments Listened to Stone Cold by David Baldacci and New Moon by Stephanie Meyer. Stone Cold was excellent. New Moon is my least favorite of that series, but its a guilty pleasure :)

message 17: by Eden (new)

Eden | 661 comments Mod
I finished Pride and Prejudice......-____-

message 18: by Eden (new)

Eden | 661 comments Mod
Memphistigergal wrote: "Listened to Stone Cold by David Baldacci and New Moon by Stephanie Meyer. Stone Cold was excellent. New Moon is my least favorite of that series, but its a guilty pleasure :)"

You read so many books on my TBR! I've read the Twilight series and New Moon is my least favorite too. I plan on rereading at some point.

message 19: by Eden (new)

Eden | 661 comments Mod
Aaaannnnd I'm done with My Cousin Rachel.

message 20: by Memphistigergal (new)

Memphistigergal | 166 comments Eden, that is too funny - lol!

message 21: by Memphistigergal (new)

Memphistigergal | 166 comments ok. Listened to Hunger Games on audio. I loved revisiting this book. THEN, I found Sycamore Row by John Grisham... OMG! So freaking good! It was a follow up to a Time to Kill. 5 stars all the way! They recently changed our cell phone policy at work. I used to listen to flosstube, but now they make us keep our phones in drawers. No biggie. Overdrive app gives me audio books from the library ☺

message 22: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (hugabug9275) | 8 comments The Silent Sister by Diane Chamberlain

message 23: by Eden (new)

Eden | 661 comments Mod
Unhooked by Lisa Maxwell!! LOVED this one!!

message 24: by Memphistigergal (new)

Memphistigergal | 166 comments Just finished Eclipse. This is my favorite book in this series. I still find it amazing how many teenage girls love Edward. How realistic is a perfect eighteen year old who is filthy rich?

message 25: by Eden (new)

Eden | 661 comments Mod
Finished PS I StillLove You!!!!

message 26: by Memphistigergal (new)

Memphistigergal | 166 comments Just finished If Not for You. This was what I expect and love to read from Debbie Macomber. There are always conflicts and obstacles. There are choices to be made and consequences to deal with. This definitely wasnt my favorite novel from her, but I still fell in love with these characters. Id give it a 3.5 star...

message 27: by Memphistigergal (new)

Memphistigergal | 166 comments Read The Killing Floor by Lee Child. I read this a long time ago, but wanted to refresh my memory. I still really like it. It reads just like an adventure movie. I did see the movie version and really liked it. I had to laugh when reading that Reacher is over 6 foot tall... Whoever thought Tom Cruise matches that description is sadly mistaken - lol...

message 28: by Dana (last edited Jun 30, 2017 01:33PM) (new)

Dana | 156 comments Mod
Alrighty, my round up for the month...
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
A Clockwork Orange
The Ask and the Answer
Pride and Prejudice
My Cousin Rachel
And 2
The Battle Of Forever

Not too many this month, but i've been working on angel of love - that thing is easy to obsess over....

message 30: by Memphistigergal (new)

Memphistigergal | 166 comments And just finished Breaking Dawn. This is a re read. I honestly liked it better this time. Just a cheezy, fluffy book. I needed that and loved it.

message 31: by Heather (new)

Heather | 131 comments Who woulda thunk my only 5 star books this month would be a book about yoga... Every Body Yoga: Let Go of Fear. Get On the Mat. Love Your Body.

message 32: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (hugabug9275) | 8 comments just finished To all the boys I've loved before by Jenny Han