Book Snails Book Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Currently Reading -- 2016 & 2017 > What are you reading, JUNE 2017?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

biblio • bliss (bookgirl1987) | 1152 comments Mod
What are you reading, June 2017?

message 2: by Kelsey (last edited May 31, 2017 11:02AM) (new)

Kelsey I'll be joining the group and reading Fangirl, and also Those Who Save Us! That book has been on my TBR for a while :)

I desperately want to start reading Gone with the Wind again too.. I miss it! I just haven't had the chance to get back into it.

I'll also be finishing up The Swans of Fifth Avenue as well. I know Goodreads says it's 400 pages, but the real story stops around page 335 or so, so I only have about 100 pages left. Hoping to finish it some time this week!

message 3: by Erin (new)

Erin | 580 comments I need to finish When We Wake and Xamnesia: Everything I Forgot in my Search for an Unreal Life. I also just started Dragon Teeth and I'm loving it! Sadly, I feel like sh*t so I'm not able to read as much I have been.

I plan to read The Boy on the Bridge and Out of the Silent Planet in June as well as start Pioneer Girl: The Annotated Autobiography. Possibly get to Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania, but I'm doubtful.

message 4: by Bkwmlee (last edited May 31, 2017 04:41PM) (new)

Bkwmlee | 393 comments June will be another ambitious month for me, as I’ve got another long list of books that I am hoping to get to (despite falling a bit short the last couple months). Hopefully I will have a bit more time to devote to reading this month (so many books, so little time….).

I’m currently reading The Little French Bistro (ARC and also for two of my challenges) and The Good Earth (BOTM for one of my book clubs). I also plan on joining our group read of Fangirl (already have on my Kindle) as well as our quarterly read Those Who Save Us (have the book but probably won’t be starting this one until July). There are also 3 ARCs that I need to get to this month: On Edge: A Journey Through Anxiety, The Sunshine Girls, and Swimming Home. Also have The Glorious Heresies on the list for a book blog / challenge thing I’m doing. It’s still early so this list might change but I’m hoping I can stick to this, as it will help get a few pending TBR items cleaned up!

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Perry | 29 comments So far I'm reading "Station Eleven" and our BOTM "Fangirl". I'm planing on also reading "My Lady Jane" and "The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry".

message 6: by Pien (new)

Pien | 446 comments Right now I'm reading The beetle. Very nice, bit difficult because it's 'old english', so it's taking me a while. Then, if I can find it I want to read Fangirl. And I have H Murakami's Norwegian wood waiting on the shelve. This is already probably too much, but then there's a dutch book about genius (non fiction) and I'd like to reread Those who save us.
Maybe I should hire someone to be me, so I can read all the time! ;-)

message 7: by Marie (last edited Jun 08, 2017 02:47PM) (new)

Marie | 4 comments Hey. Nice to meet you all. I am hoping to read Fangirl this month (need to find a copy, quick!) to join in some book club reading.

Currently finishing up You Can't Touch My Hair: And Other Things I Still Have to Explain by Phoebe Robinson for another book club.

Just started an ARC of The Misfortune of Marion Palm a debut novel from Emily Culliton.

I am laughing my way through Our Cats Are More Famous Than Us: A Johnny Wander Collection by Anath Hirsh and Yuko Ota as my bedtime reading.

I hope to read The Hike by Drew Magary and All the Birds in the Sky by Charlie Jane Anders this month. And if I can get to it, Ninefox Gambit by Yoon Ha Lee. We'll see.

message 8: by Marie (new)

Marie | 4 comments Pien wrote: "Right now I'm reading The beetle. Very nice, bit difficult because it's 'old english', so it's taking me a while. Then, if I can find it I want to read Fangirl. And I have H Murakami's Norwegian wo..."

My partner read The Beetle for a book club last year (I think) and was surprised how much he enjoyed it. I'd love to hear what you think about it.

message 9: by Pien (new)

Pien | 446 comments @Marie The beetle starts in a situation that seriously gave me the creeps! Which I like, by the way. Then as the story unravels the personalities are very interesting. The fact that it's an old book gives it all a romantic touch. I'm almost finished and think I will give it four stars, might be five. So yes, really enjoyed the read! Worth a try I think!

message 10: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Pien wrote: "@Marie The beetle starts in a situation that seriously gave me the creeps! Which I like, by the way. Then as the story unravels the personalities are very interesting. The fact that it's an old boo..."

I read The Beetle in college, and I agree! It really gave me the creeps, because spiders (close enough to beetles!) and loss of control are my biggest fears, so the beginning was super creepy for me!

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I did too, but only gave it 3 stars, I think. At the point I was reading it, it was my senior year in college, so I was just focusing on graduating and leaving! Otherwise, I would have probably liked it better :)

message 11: by Pien (new)

Pien | 446 comments Thanks for suggesting it to me Kelsey!

message 12: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Pien wrote: "Thanks for suggesting it to me Kelsey!"

You're welcome!

message 13: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (mandapanda_) | 2 comments Right now I'm finishing Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I plan to get to The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton right after.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.