The YA Book Club discussion

Book Recommendations > What are your ABSOLUTE favorite books?

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Halley (new)

Halley (halleymccarty) | 118 comments Mod
Hi everyone, I'm in search of some really great new books to read, so tell me: What are some of your all time favorites? Could be a Series, standalone, contemporary, fantasy, I don't care. I just want to read something that will suck me in.

message 2: by Lynne (last edited May 30, 2017 06:48PM) (new)

Lynne Stringer | 126 comments I really enjoyed the Under the Never Sky trilogy by Veronica Rossi. :-) Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1) by Veronica Rossi

message 3: by Sophie Wonder (new)

Sophie Wonder (sophiewonder) | 6 comments If you don't want to settle on a genre I would solidly recommend Afterworlds by Scott Westerfield (if you've not already read it). Afterworlds It has two storylines (one contemporary and one fantasy) running in parallel with each other, and it gets really good. I personally haven't finished it because it got pretty terrifying and I had to put it down, but it's incredibly gripping.

message 4: by Jojo (new)

Jojo | 16 comments Absolute favorite is easily Vampire Academy , i think people either love it or don't but I am absolutely in love with it, also the girl with the dragon tattoo or throne of glass

message 5: by Kristie (last edited May 31, 2017 07:42AM) (new)

message 6: by tumi ☀️ (new)

tumi ☀️ (butterflythinker) ABSOLUTE Favourite series:
The bone season, (samantha shannon)
Shadowhunter chronicles (cassandra clare)
A court of thorns and roses (sarah j maas)
Throne of glass (sarah j maas)
Harry potter (j k rowling)

message 7: by allison! (new)

allison! (allison12) Horizon by Scott Westerfeld
Hope was Here by Joan Bauer
Close to Famous by Joan Bauer
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor
Lorein Legacies by Pittacus Lore
Inside Out and Back Again by Thanhha Lai
The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani
Michael Vey by Richard Paul Evans

Those are MOST of my all-time faves. Long list, I know, but I regret nothing!!!!!!!

message 8: by Natasha (new)

Natasha Williams | 1 comments Jurassic park, The Hobbtt, Diary of Anne Frank,

Lord of the Rings, Summer of the Monkeys

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

stranger than fan fiction. The help. Everything everything

message 10: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Avery | 10 comments Lady midnight and a lord of shadows are 2 that I highly recommend

message 11: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberreadsabook) i love love love the perks of being a wallflower !

message 12: by Shristhi (new)

Shristhi (thebookgodess) Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas!!

My all time favorite!!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Stranger Than Fanfiction, Chris Colfer. Favorite by far.

message 14: by Nadia (new)

Nadia Guergachi | 2 comments The End of days series by Susan Ee-badass female lead and great story

message 15: by Lys💙 (new)

Lys💙 I can't pick just one but I loved the selection series it was captivating

message 16: by Karina (new)

Karina Irismetov | 37 comments I'm a big fan of the Harry potter series, the shadowhunter chronicles, vampire academy and kind of every YA fantasy book.

message 17: by Angela (last edited Jun 14, 2017 11:23AM) (new)

Angela If you haven't read it already, The Giver by Lois Lowry The Giver is a classic
Also, I'm enjoying reading Harry Potter.

My all time favorite though The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton the Outsiders is a great read!

message 18: by Olivia (new)

Olivia | 66 comments Love the dead house and everything everything.

message 19: by MissBecka (new)

MissBecka Gee (missbeckagee) | 38 comments Dorothy must die series by: Danielle Paige
Beasts of extraordinary circumstances by: Ruth Emmie Lang
Speed of life by: Carol Weston
Subject to change by: Karen Nesbitt
Heartless by: Marissa Meyer
The Martian by: Andy Weir

These are some I've read recently and LOVED!!!

message 20: by Mary (new)

Mary Findley (maryfindley) | 3 comments The Unwind Series: Imagine a world where teens between 13 and 17 can be sent to be unwound (their organs harvested) so they live a "divided life". Amazing series!
Also, The Testing series (much like Hunger Games, Divergent etc)

message 21: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (sophia_thereader) | 23 comments Jess wrote: "Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas!!

My all time favorite!!"

I agree! It is such a great series.

message 22: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 2 comments A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas!!

In my opinion, A Court of Mist and Fury was better but the entire trilogy is amazing. I couldn't put it down, despite my piles of unfinished homework!

I love Maas <3

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Illuminae by far!! It was absolutely brilliant and original.

message 24: by shay takesue (new)

shay takesue | 1 comments Okay definitely Every day by David Levithan. I just bought Another day which is the same story but in another character's perspective.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Richelle Mead her books

message 26: by Felicia (new)

Felicia Lindell (felicialindell) | 11 comments All books from Sarah Dessen :)

message 27: by MissBecka (new)

MissBecka Gee (missbeckagee) | 38 comments Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
This was AWESOME!!!!!

message 28: by Trisha (new)

Trisha (wondertrisha) | 5 comments "Freak show" and "Party Monster" both by James St. James also "A Stolen Life" and "Freedom" by Jaycee Dugard are a few I like

Ren The Booknerd  (renthebooknerd) | 9 comments All Rick Riordan's are the best.

message 30: by Amna (new)

Amna | 7 comments It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover

message 31: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 1 comments Impulse (Impulse #1) and Perfect (Impulse #2)...what can I say? Just mystifyingly real, raw and brilliant

anjali ᗧ • • • (anjali1320) And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie is definitely a good one if you want mystery/thriller :)

message 33: by Nola (new)

Nola Byrum | 35 comments Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Narnia, Divergent, Vampire Academy, The Last Song, Tristin Hunt and the Sea Guardians. Oh, and the cupcake diaries!

message 34: by Meg (new)

Meg (megarooh) | 1 comments The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak, We Are Okay by Nina LaCour, the Harry Potter series, and Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell.

message 35: by Claire (new)

Claire (bookishingreen) | 3 comments In YA, it was definitely All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven (:

message 36: by Dianna (new)

Dianna (diannablake) | 16 comments The Infernal Devices series
Six of Crows duology
Red Queen series
Eve trilogy
The Selection series
All the bright places
Beautiful Oblivion
The Air He Breathes

message 37: by Alice (new)

Alice (paperwhales) | 41 comments I really recommend Cruel Summer by Juno Dawson. It's a teen thriller that's easy to read, set in the Spanish heat so it's a great summer read! I love reading this book on the beach, it's super easy to get into!

message 38: by Lilly (new)

Lilly  Amechi (lillyamechi) ANYTHING by Huntley Fitzpatrick. She's a relatively new author, her first book being My Life Next Door published in 2012, but it's amazing. All her books are perfect for the summer. The next is What I Thought Was True, which was really good as well. Her last novel is a companion to MLND called The Boy Most Likely To. I love and own all her works if that says anything about how great of a writer she is. I hope you check her out!!!