Harlequin Presents Readers discussion

Food for Thought > Off topic. Has anyone done the Whole 30 program?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vintage (new)

Vintage (vintagesedona) | 279 comments Since it's Food for Thought, I thought I would toss this out now.

Anyone done the Whole 30 program? You can eat protein, vegetables, fruit, nuts, eggs and more eggs, but no dairy, rice, beans, chocolate and,, gulp, alcohol. I know, I know. How can I read and review HP's without either chocolate or wine
The wardrobe situation is ugly so what must be done!

Just curious.

Kelly

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) I'm confused why they are cutting out beans, since those are generally so healthy, but it's interesting.

Dairy, rice and grains most diets cut out for obvious reasons

message 3: by Vintage (new)

Vintage (vintagesedona) | 279 comments You cut out all carbs for 30 days. It's tough, but it's supposed to redress how you look at food.

It's the only thing that's helped me lose weight since menopause. Yuck.

message 4: by Tricia (new)

Tricia (tricialen) | 10 comments Vintage wrote: "You cut out all carbs for 30 days. It's tough, but it's supposed to redress how you look at food.

It's the only thing that's helped me lose weight since menopause. Yuck."

Sounds like what I need to do and it sounds really, really hard!

message 5: by Vintage (last edited Aug 13, 2017 05:41PM) (new)

Vintage (vintagesedona) | 279 comments The first time you do it it is really hard for about day 3 through 10. I can do without the carbs, it's the wine that's hard to give up. You should check out some of the before and after pictures plus health benefits...

as I take a sip of an Italian white. 🙄

message 6: by Tricia (new)

Tricia (tricialen) | 10 comments Umm White wine....icy cold....so good!

Tomorrow is Monday... it's a good day to start.... I wonder if I will make it three days?

I love white bread... I love mayonnaise....I love milk... so humm this will be tough. But ... I love meat and veggies... I will give it a try..didn't buy the program..this is like Adkins.... no carbs...

Wish me luck

message 7: by Vintage (new)

Vintage (vintagesedona) | 279 comments Good luck.

message 8: by Leona (last edited Sep 16, 2017 03:55AM) (new)

Leona (wdwcbm) | 373 comments Hi, I just saw this thread. Yes, did the whole 30 program and loved it. I actually stayed on it (with only a few exceptions) for almost two years. The nice thing about the program is it causes you to think differently (more healthy) about food. So it's not a diet, it's a way of life. I lost weight, but wasn't planning to.

This program actually is not atkins. You can eat carbs. I have sweet and regular potatoes every day. Butter is allowed as long as it's unsalted and then you skim the fat off.

I use a lot of olive oil.
Healthy nuts as long as they are raw and no salt. I loved the diet and highly recommend. To this day, I'm about 80% whole thirty and it's kept the weight off.

message 9: by Vintage (new)

Vintage (vintagesedona) | 279 comments My biggest downfall is eliminating wine.

message 10: by Leona (last edited Sep 16, 2017 11:03AM) (new)

Leona (wdwcbm) | 373 comments It was mine too. But I find I no longer drink wine as much. If we're out for a nice dinner, I'll have a glass. But at home, I prefer sparkling water. The Whole 30 helped kick the wine at home habit. I don't even think about it now.

message 11: by Vintage (new)

Vintage (vintagesedona) | 279 comments That's great.