The Future of YA Authors discussion

Books! > What are you currently reading?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Skyril (new)

Skyril What are you currently reading?
Is it any good so far?

message 2: by Skyril (new)

Skyril Last night I picked up Rapunzel Untangled, and it's quite good so far. It's a light and easy read.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I am currently reading multiple books but the one that I am furthest through is Finding Audrey. I love that it is a quick contemporary read and I'm enjoying it.

message 4: by Fefe (new)

Fefe Yesterday I finished Brave New World and today I finished IT by Stephen King. Now I'll be reading Dare Me by Megan Abbott (with an amazing and intriguing writing) and Shadowland (The Mediator, #1) by Meg Cabot

message 5: by Saga (new)

Saga (saganl) | 5 comments I am currently reading Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare
and The Brothers Lionheart by Astrid Lindgren.

Lord of Shadows is AMAZING this far, the Brothers Lionheart is a children's book but it is quite nice to read.

message 6: by Riley (new)

Riley (blueeyedgirl1142) | 52 comments I'm currently reading Gracefully Grayson and it's so dull. I'm only on page thirty

message 7: by Skyril (new)

Skyril Riley wrote: "I'm currently reading Gracefully Grayson and it's so dull. I'm only on page thirty"

That doesn't sound like a positive start :/ Have you progressed further? Has it improved at all?

message 8: by Skyril (new)

Skyril Fefe wrote: "Yesterday I finished Brave New World and today I finished IT by Stephen King. Now I'll be reading Dare Me by Megan Abbott (with an amazing and intriguing writing) and [bookcover:Sh..."

"Amazing and intriguing" writing sounds awesome. I'm really curious now.

message 9: by Skyril (new)

Skyril I'm re-reading Skulduggery Pleasant: The Faceless Ones, and it's as good as always.

I'm also reading a pocket dictionary, lol. Because I'm like that. And I like words.
As for this particular dictionary, it's fun to read in some ways just because it's convenient to carry around and all, but some of the definitions are kind of unclear or vague because they're so short to keep the dictionary small. And once or twice I've noticed a word that was pronounced differently compared to online dictionaries, so there's that.

message 10: by Fefe (new)

Fefe I finished Dare Me and it was really worth it. Highly recommend it!

Right now, I'm reading Ninth Key by Meg Cabot and The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. I'm enjoying both of them so far!

message 11: by Saga (new)

Saga (saganl) | 5 comments Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare, have 20 pages left or so.
Later today I will start reading Everything, Everything

message 12: by Even (new)

Even Herfindal (book-of-thieves) | 4 comments I'm currently reading The girl with all the gifts, by M.R. Carey. It's amazing and I love it. He really nails the perspective of a small child. Worth to read!!

message 13: by anja (new)

anja orton | 13 comments I'm reading 2 books.. the bible and the 2 book of the Pellinor series, I think this is my 4 or 6th time re-reading it.. It's definitely one of my Favorites!!! :D :D :D

message 14: by Breanne (new)

Breanne (breegreen_books) | 4 comments I'm reading Lord of Shadows by Cassie Clare and When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon!

After that I'll probably start the Star-Touched Queen!

message 15: by anja (new)

anja orton | 13 comments Fefe wrote: "I finished Dare Me and it was really worth it. Highly recommend it!

Right now, I'm reading Ninth Key by Meg Cabot and The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. I'm enjoyin..."

What's Dare Me and the Raven Boys about??

message 16: by Fefe (new)

Fefe anja wrote: "What's Dare Me and the Raven Boys about??"

Dare Me is about two girls who are best friends and part of a cheerleading squad. Their squad gets a new coach that is strict than the previous ones and the main character becomes obsessed for being perfect. There is also a murder mystery going on.

The Raven Boys is about a girl from a family of psychics that meets a group of guys who are searching for a Welsh king that is believed to be asleep and legend says it that whoever wakes him up will be granted a wish.