Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Author with the same name

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gross | 5 comments I recently noticed that one of my books are on goodreads twice, and the one that's under a different author with the same name has the ASIN placed with it, and because of that, it won't let me add it under the correct one.
I'd just like to fix the ASIN so that it's under the correct book so that when people are finished reading, it sends them to the correct one instead.
This is the correct one.
'Til Death We Meet Again
And this is the one that has the ASIN on it. I don't even know how this one got it.
'Til Death We Meet Again

message 2: by Gerd (new)

Gerd | 1039 comments Corrected author on the second Kindle entry, combined them and set the kindle edition without ASIN for deletion.

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gross | 5 comments Thank you!

message 4: by Mark (new)

Mark David (authormarkdavid) | 1 comments Hi,
There are many Mark David's, pretty much all books showing under my Author profile. My two books are 'Fear Of Broken Glass' and 'The Underworld and the Afterlife' (with more releases coming soon.)
Is it possible to have the other books listed under my profile to be removed – or is there another way around this problem?

message 5: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 19906 comments #4 Mark wrote: "Hi,
There are many Mark David's, pretty much all books showing under my Author profile. My two books are 'Fear Of Broken Glass' and 'The Underworld and the Afterlife' (with more releases coming soo..."

Librarians can move books to another author profile, but it would only be a temporarily fix as you have the 'default' Mark David profile. All books that are imported to GR will end up on your profile.

Best would be if you contact GR Support and ask them if they can move you from the default profile (that is something librarians can't do).
This will not influence search or the visibility of your profile, but will prevent other books being added to your profile.

Goodreads Support