What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Graphic novel? (Wasn't in color, mostly black and blue) about a group of girls with different stories. It is part of a series, but I just remember this part.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yaritza (new)

Yaritza Morales | 6 comments This book reminds me of the graphic novel Bone, because I read them both around the same time, but it has a completely different plot. In this gn, a group of girls (possibly 4) needs to sell candy (can't remember why) so they go to one of the girl's house where the mom is painting their walls with murals, so the place is messy. The girls find a pot with some sticky residue, and decide to make the candy there. Then, as they were selling it in front of a supermarket, a business man tells them that he will buy their recipe if they can make the same candy the next day. They agree and make more candy. However, this time they make it in one of the other girl's houses bc they want to make more. The artsy mom is discouraged bc of this, so she cleans her house and paints their walls over with one color and throws away all dirty pots and pans. This matters because when the girls show the business man the candy that they made the second time, he says that it is different and taste like any other candy. When the girls try to go back and use the pot they used at first, they learn that the mother has thrown it out. After this, I don't remember anymore, and that's why I want to read it. I don't think I ever finished the series. Please help, thank you

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34460 comments Mod
Yaritza, around what year did you read this book?

Is this book for children or young adults (teens)?

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate (katiebobus) | 200 comments following

message 4: by Yaritza (new)

Yaritza Morales | 6 comments I read this book when I was a preteen I believe.

message 5: by Ari (new)

Ari | 39 comments The Plain Janes perhaps? It might be too recent.

message 6: by Yaritza (new)

Yaritza Morales | 6 comments I recently saw the books "the babysitters club" and it reminded me of this book. However, when I read the plot, it wasn't anything similar to this

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38268 comments Mod
Yaritza, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 8: by Yaritza (new)

Yaritza Morales | 6 comments I never found this book no

message 9: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16964 comments Yaritza, around what year did you read it?

message 10: by Yaritza (new)

Yaritza Morales | 6 comments I read it when I was in elementary or middle school and I’m 21 now so in 2009 or 2010